Johnson How Upset Are Johnson Supporters?

df commits himself to a conspiracy theory that Clinton controls the national polls.

Emotional outbursts like df's demonstrates a theme of defeatism, which is why Hillary is going to win walking away.

Diebold machines with back-door software easily accessible with no paper trail or accountability.....sure looks like a "banana republic" to me which is why I opted out of the UCC and gave up my U.S "citizenship" status....of course you think that isn't a possibility...(snicker)
What you think in conspiracy theory has to be shown to be true, Dale, and you are not doing that.

I think Johnson is doing better in the polls than posted. Since we know for a fact Clinton cheated Sanders its not a stretch to surmise Clinton is cheating Johnson.

Yes. Of course. Clinton has control over the nation's most well established pollsters. You sure know your stuff.
As a matter of fact she does. Thank you for admitting it. Johnson strikes me as an easy going fair minded and open fellow. The very traits Hillary lacks and destroys.

Johnson's future may well be better tied to 2020 or 2024. Once the Hillary crap is over and America returns to greater freedoms and hopefully a more honest press Johnson will get his due.

But given the face time given to the graft and corruption of the DNC and its hogging of airtime and print press well he is simply not getting the time he deserves.
Ridiculous, if Johnson wants to bust a move, now is the time to do it. 2020 or 2024 is probably too late. The country is already unrecognizable to at least a third of the country, meaning a least a third of the people really have no interest in voting for either. The double edge sword of human nature is that we adapt, in this case we adapt to shitty situations and accept it as the norm. So in four years, 2020, most Americans will continue to become complacent, or even worse/probable become even more radical than what we were before. The libertarian party has proven itself to not be serious contendor with the nomination of Johnson, he is just as on par with trump at being terrible with getting the message across, and he is the Clinton dynasty of the libertarian party. Don't get me wrong, he is still way better than the two options we have set before us. But the libertarian party should have been getting serious two years ago. The libertarian party needs a better direction that is not all consumed by weed and conspiracy thearies. Start talking about the issues all Americans care about, and lay out
A new path to take, and more importantly why to take it

Very promising poll numbers released this morning from Wall Street Journal/NBC/Marist, showing support for Gary Johnson and his Libertarian ticket growing in some battleground states.

reasongjpeacesign.jpg
Gage Skidmore/Foter

For example, in Virginia Johnson went from 10 percent support last month to 12 percent in this new August poll, which was conducted from August 4-10. When Johnson and the Green Party's Jill Stein are added to the presidential question, they shave three percentage points from Hillary Clinton (46 percent to 43) and two from Donald Trump (33 percent to 31).

Johnson hits the magic 15 (which he must get nationally in at least five polls to get into the presidential debates), up from 13 percent last month. In that state, the addition of Johnson and Stein to the mix cuts five points off Clinton (46 percent to 41) and three off Trump (32 to 29).

Both states show Clinton, obviously, far ahead of her Republican opponent, whose support in both states fell since July.

Johnson is also up from July in Florida, going from 7 percent to 9. And in North Carolina as well, the same jump from 7 to 9. None of those state polls give the slightest bit of encouragement to Trump and the Republicans.

The threshold for getting on the debate stage is 15%. in a compilation of 5 major polls. While I think this is ridiculous, it is the fact of the matter.

Gary Johnson is probably not going make it. A key reason? Jill Stein.

Jill Stein, who isn't even on the ballot in all 50 states ( which, by the way, is what I think should be the threshold ) is grabbing enough of the "unhappy vote" to keep the Libertarian from getting a chance to join the media bonanza.

I have to believe that Johnson supporters are on the verge of exploding with anger over this fact.
I find it hard to believe Stein is pulling votes from Johnson.

What the third party candidates lack is exposure in the mainstream media. The only reason Sanders did as well as he did was because he ran on the democrat ticket, which meant exposure. He was little known prior to the exposure.

The threshold for getting on the debate stage is 15%. in a compilation of 5 major polls. While I think this is ridiculous, it is the fact of the matter.

Jill Stein, who isn't even on the ballot in all 50 states ( which, by the way, is what I think should be the threshold ) is grabbing enough of the "unhappy vote" to keep the Libertarian from getting a chance to join the media bonanza.

I have to believe that Johnson supporters are on the verge of exploding with anger over this fact.

What the third party candidates lack is exposure in the mainstream media. The only reason Sanders did as well as he did was because he ran on the democrat ticket, which meant exposure. He was little known prior to the exposure.

That is because if they don't run as one of the main parties' candidates, they have to get 15% in the polls in order to be a part of nationalized televised debates. Don't you think that's wrong? How are they supposed to attract voters when they are NOT allowed to be in the televised debates? This is a ploy by the two party system to keep them in power. I think and hope that most people can see that quite clearly by now.

Because you're an idiot. The Green Party and Libertarians have pretty much polar views.

That is because if they don't run as one of the main parties' candidates, they have to get 15% in the polls in order to be a part of nationalized televised debates. Don't you think that's wrong? How are they supposed to attract voters when they are NOT allowed to be in the televised debates? This is a ploy by the two party system to keep them in power. I think and hope that most people can see that quite clearly by now.
Yes, I think it is wrong. The media has failed the American people on a grand scale.

You find it hard to believe...just because? And I'm not talking about votes. I'm talking polling percentage. Without her....he gets a higher percentage. Her supporters are more likely to go to him Han either Trump or Clinton.

They are actually getting exposure. What they don't have is money.....or platforms that aren't crazy.

Last edited:

Because you're an idiot. The Green Party and Libertarians have pretty much polar views.

You speak with such arrogance. Stein is taking a small amount of anti establishment polling from Johnson. My point was that without Stein included in the polls...Johnson has a better chance to get the 15% needed to get on the stage. Try to understand what you are talking about.

Someone as stupid as you ought to learn your place.

Last edited:

You speak with such arrogance. Stein is taking a small amount of anti establishment polling from Johnson. My point was that without Stein included in the polls...Johnson has a better chance to get the 15% needed to get on the stage. Try to understand what you are talking about.

I suppose there could be truth to that. Though, you're probably overstating it at a minimum. Hard to see that many libertarians going green and visa versa.

You find it hard to believe...just because? And I'm not talking about votes. I'm talking polling percentage. Without her....he gets a higher percentage. Her supporters are more likely to go to him Han either Trump or Clinton.

They are actually getting exposure. What they don't have is money.....or platforms that aren't crazy.

You find it hard to believe...just because?

Because they are ideologically disparate. There is admittedly a small cross over appeal on a couple of issues but I don't believe it is preventing Johnson from attaining the requisite 15%, despite what you or Politico write.

They are actually getting exposure.

Really? Major network, prime time or Sunday talk show? Bernie was regularly getting both. Maybe Johnson has got some cable news coverage. I don't think Stein has gotten anything.

And I'm not talking about votes. I'm talking polling percentage.

What are they polling if not the likelihood of a vote?

I suppose there could be truth to that. Though, you're probably overstating it at a minimum. Hard to see that many libertarians going green and visa versa.

You almost behaved like an adult there. Keep trying...you might make it someday.

Because they are ideologically disparate. There is admittedly a small cross over appeal on a couple of issues but I don't believe it is preventing Johnson from attaining the requisite 15%, despite what you or Politico write.

Really? Major network, prime time or Sunday talk show? Bernie was regularly getting both. Maybe Johnson has got some cable news coverage. I don't think Stein has gotten anything.

What did Politico write? Something similar to what I said? Maybe you should give it consideration, then.

You don't pay attention. Stein just had a town hall in prime time on CNN. Johnson and Weld have had more than one. They have both been on the Sunday shows. Both parties have been included in poll results for quite some time now.

It's is pretty simple. There are a lot of people who want to vote but can't stand either Trump or Hillary. If they were given only one alternative in a poll as opposed to two....Johnson would have a bette shot at getting on the debate stage.

Stop being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. This isn't rocket science.

You almost behaved like an adult there. Keep trying...you might make it someday.

You're not even one to talk; not by a long shot.

You're not even one to talk; not by a long shot.

Of course.

What did Politico write? Something similar to what I said? Maybe you should give it consideration, then.

You don't pay attention. Stein just had a town hall in prime time on CNN. Johnson and Weld have had more than one. They have both been on the Sunday shows. Both parties have been included in poll results for quite some time now.

It's is pretty simple. There are a lot of people who want to vote but can't stand either Trump or Hillary. If they were given only one alternative in a poll as opposed to two....Johnson would have a bette shot at getting on the debate stage.

Stop being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. This isn't rocket science.
Maybe you should give it consideration, then.

I did and I disagree. I will now stop being argumentative. I took exception to your assertion that your opinion was fact.

You don't pay attention.

To cable news. That is correct.

Or not.

Rather than perceiving Johnson as the ‘victim’ of some sort of ‘unfair’ and ‘capricious’ process, perhaps Johnson has only himself to blame, where Johnson is alone responsible for the status of his campaign.

Perhaps Johnson has failed to effectively communicate his massage, or perhaps his libertarian message is being rejected by a large majority of voters.
Problem with communicating through massage is that you can only talk to one person at a time.

Don't think we're angry with ANY one being on the ballot.. The more the merrier. The stuff Stein is selling is hard to pitch, but the LParty has allied with them on ballot access challenges.

You're almost right about the debate qualification. Instead of making ALL 50 states -- it should be any party that has ENOUGH states to make the 270 e-vote bar..

Or not.

Rather than perceiving Johnson as the ‘victim’ of some sort of ‘unfair’ and ‘capricious’ process, perhaps Johnson has only himself to blame, where Johnson is alone responsible for the status of his campaign.

Perhaps Johnson has failed to effectively communicate his massage, or perhaps his libertarian message is being rejected by a large majority of voters.

Clearly the exhausting process of getting ON the ballots and defeating the court challenges is the unfair part. Access to debates controlled by PARTISAN means is also clearly unfair.

You either make the 15% or you don't. We will work to change the Commission. To break up the partisan collusion and power hold on the process. That's what we do. We don't whine.

LParty ticket is getting their FIFTH free hour of media this Friday. From Fox Business this time. 9PM EST.

This is good. Everyone is scared. Even the media. The time to stop this partisan brawl for power is now.

Forum List

Back