How to Evaluate K-12 Teachers

Well, tell us the subject and level you teach ( are you really a teacher or just some tutor/private instructor)

Oh, I see you teach math. At age 10, so like 4th/5th grade, were you just sitting your butt at a desk like all the other kids learning school math to prepare for your future career?

Because I was already learning my future career. I ENTERED college having almost a decade of private training. You?

I'm not lying. Why would I lie about something like that? I don't lie here
You said a NURSE follows a student in case there is an accident.
What if another student is ill and needs the nurse.

Is it, sorry, the Nurse is busy following a potential poopy student?
Or does your school have multiple Nurses?

In what?

Signing
Dancing
Instrument

Why can't you say?

Look at my avatar; what do you think? I already played multiple instruments going INTO college.

Sorry, not sorry, but education schools really suck. The arts are the exception, because we go INTO school already highly specialized with some training. We have to audition just to get in.

Sorry, not sorry, but education schools really suck. The arts are the exception, because we go INTO school already highly specialized with some training. We have to audition just to get in.
Great, I love the arts, band and music students were some of my best.
But quit propping yourself up.

Why aren't you in a career using your so-called skills.
Don't you know that a conservatives favorite diss on a teacher is.......

Those that can, do, those that can't, teach.
Why Elementary?
Shouldn't a person of such high skills being teaching students that don't poop their pants?

Great, I love the arts, band and music students were some of my best.
But quit propping yourself up.

Why aren't you in a career using your so-called skills.
Don't you know that a conservatives favorite diss on a teacher is.......

Those that can, do, those that can't, teach.
Why Elementary?
Shouldn't a person of such high skills being teaching students that don't poop their pants?

So you can't do math, and that's why you taught it?

Tell me more.

So you can't do math, and that's why you taught it?

Tell me more.
Reading comprehension sweetie.
I never said I agreed with the statement, it's what your conservative friends say.
And that's a Fact.

Because I was already learning my future career. I ENTERED college having almost a decade of private training. You?
You teach Elementary Music.
What 'instruments' are you using in Elementary School?
Look at my avatar; what do you think? I already played multiple instruments going INTO college.
Again,
Unknown.jpeg

Neat.
Well Done.

Right, you label me as a failed teacher simply because I despise trump.

I don't care about your politics when we talk teaching. You came in hot saying I was LYING about a situation I saw with my own eyes, and then demeaned elementary teachers like a high school teacher egghead.

Quote me on "Demeaning Elementary Teachers"

You just did, demeaning what I teach. And further up the thread too. You do this a lot, you know. I hope you didn't do this to your students, gaslight them when you got personally upset.

That's a precorder. I don't use those.

So again, mockery is what you got. Just can't help yourself, huh?

Can you read music? My kids can. Yeah, elementary kids.
So what instruments do your student play?
It's not that difficult of a question?

You just did, demeaning what I teach. And further up the thread too. You do this a lot, you know. I hope you didn't do this to your students, gaslight them when you got personally upset.
I didn't demean what you teach, I asked what instruments your elementary students played.
Band typically starts in 6th grade, middle school.
Is your school different?
If so, be proud and tell what instruments you are teaching your students.

Why should I divulge a darn thing to you, so you can mock further? No. Bug off.
Be proud of what you do.
I taught HS for 20 years, then I moved to middle school, and because of my experience and teaching ability, I was able to teach Algebra and Geometry in the Middle School.

The City Journal - no friend of teachers' unions - basically blames them for the disturbing trends in American K-12 education. And for the record, the Covid lockdowns did some harm, but they were sucking big-time even before the Pandemic hit.

If "we" presume that in teaching, as in every other profession, the bottom ten percent should be fired for incompetence, that means that there are tens of thousands of incompetent teachers and hundreds of thousands of students under their awful tutelage at any given time. The unspoken fact is that it is virtually impossible to be fired for non-performance in an American public school. The few terminations are invariably for some form of misconduct and not for being a horrible teacher.

But how do we evaluate public school teachers? It can't be done on grades alone because teachers do not choose their students, and also because if grades were used then teachers could easily cheat and inflate grades.

Imagine that a standardized test could be administered every September, then again in June, to see how much the students have learned. The contents of the two tests would be kept confidential to everyone, especially teachers. Teachers would be compared to their peers, district wide, and the poorest performers put on probation, then terminated if they have two consecutive years of inferior performance.

But that's pure speculation on my part.

Any teachers care to weigh in?

Parenthetically, we are told that there is a current and future teacher shortage, so there is little incentive to start a program that would be tossing some of them out. Nevertheless, I'd rather have fewer teachers, all of them competent, and possibly larger class sizes than keeping teachers who are, in effect, harming our children.

It's a whole society thing, yes, teachers should be fired for poor performance, but saying "10% are bad at any one time" is also not helpful. And what training etc is there?

Forum List

Back