How much should we pay in taxes?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
I've always wondered, in a country that has produced a $30 trillion debt, why are we led to believe that paying increased taxes is needed to pay it off? The new democrat infrastructure bill is full of such taxes. And why give us a stimulus and then just take it all back in taxes?

1617234617623.png

Are taxes more or less a way to control people more than a way to generate revenue to pay for an unsurmountable debt that will never be paid down?

Or do some think that we need to keep a tax/debt ratio to keep it from all falling apart?

And what is our "fair share" of paying taxes? I hear this constantly from the government. What is fair?

One of my favorite quotes of all time comes from Ben Franklin

"It would be thought a hard government
that should tax its people one tenth part."

It makes me laugh every time I read it.

I've always wondered, in a country that has produced a $30 trillion debt, why are we led to believe that paying increased taxes is needed to pay it off? The new democrat infrastructure bill is full of such taxes. And why give us a stimulus and then just take it all back in taxes?

View attachment 474844

Are taxes more or less a way to control people more than a way to generate revenue to pay for an unsurmountable debt that will never be paid down?

Or do some think that we need to keep a tax/debt ratio to keep it from all falling apart?

And what is our "fair share" of paying taxes? I hear this constantly from the government. What is fair?

considering the government can just print money why is there a need to pat taxs???

View attachment 474844

How much of your fair share did you pay in taxes last year?

How much public infrastructure did you use in comparison to the amount of tax you paid?

Amazon paid zero in taxes last year. The CEO is worth $180 Billion.

How much above zero would you consider a fair share for Amazon to pay?

How much infrastructure do they use in comparison to the amount of taxes they paid last year?

Well a couple of things here.

- The US public owns most of our debt.
- The Fed is a separate entity from the US Treasury (which houses the IRS). The Treasury taxes...the fed has nothing to do with that. So your Pocahontas meme is a very strange thing

Now to get to the meat and potatoes, how much should we pay in taxes:

1 billion or more income: 60%
100 million - 999,999 million: 45%
1 million - 100 million: 40%
300k - 1 million: 35%
100k - 299k: 30%
100k or less: 20%

View attachment 474844

How much public infrastructure did you use in comparison to the amount of tax you paid?

How much infrastructure do they use in comparison to the amount of taxes they paid last year?
I love to hear people or companies that pay zero in taxs,,

its a goal every american should strive for,,

- The Fed is a separate entity from the US Treasury (which houses the IRS). The Treasury taxes...the fed has nothing to do with that. So your Pocahontas meme is a very strange thing

every person and company should pay zero in taxs,,

View attachment 474844

Nothing. The Gov't should go away and get lost.

View attachment 474844

Yes because you are a free loader.
You want to use the resources of this country, including it's military, but you don't want to pay for it.
You want somebody else to pay for it, but not you.

You are a waste of life.

View attachment 474844

Yes because you are a free loader.
You want to use the resources of this country, including it's military, but you don't want to pay for it.
You want somebody else to pay for it, but not you.

You are a waste of life.
our resources in my state and community are not paid through fed income taxs,,

not sure about your country,,

View attachment 474844

Hahahhha...leftists are so uninformed.

Here's a kooky thought. Why don't we hold our politicians accountable before we raise taxes.
Naaah....that's crazy talk. They need as much money as possible to take care of us.

View attachment 474844

Time to quit paying them. I am not represented in my state or my country. My previous tax dollars have been illegally given to aliens illegally crossing our borders by an illegitimate regime. I believe it is time for an organized TAX REVOLT.

My,, that tax rate system is mighty white of you. So people stop earning over 1 billion dollars and keep their income at 999 million. Not a billion so only pay 45%...Dumbass like you are too stupid to know the games the Prog elites play. By the way, one of the richest people, Warren Buffet has an earned income of a penny.....You going to tax that penny from him?

Here's a kooky thought. Why don't we hold our politicians accountable before we raise taxes.
Naaah....that's crazy talk. They need as much money as possible to take care of us.
b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

We should pay 23% to 24% in taxes. But we should pay it as a consumption tax. And every single person pays the same amount.

It is called the Fair Tax Act. The only federal taxes we should pay is a 23% sales tax. No income tax. No payroll tax. No telephone/build911/surcharge tax. No federal fuel tax.

And you would get a rebate on the 23% tax up to the poverty line, so no one is taxed on what it takes to survive. You get the rebate. I get the rebate. Elon Musk gets the rebate.

And if politicians want to raise taxes, they have to raise taxes on every single tax payer, not just select groups.

And there would be no withholding on paychecks. You make $10 an hour and work 40 hours? You get $400. The 23% tax would be on all new goods and services. Buy used? No tax.

View attachment 474844

> why give us a stimulus and then just take it all back in taxes?

Redistribution. It's what the Dems try to do, in order to buy votes. Lots of the people who paid for the $1.9T stimulus bill did not receive $1400 because they make too much money. But their share of the debt as a result went up by ~$11,500.

>Or do some think that we need to keep a tax/debt ratio to keep it from all falling apart?

Taken to the extreme, you end up with Zimbabwe. The day this note was issued, it would buy three eggs...

Zimbabwe_%24100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

> And what is our "fair share" of paying taxes?

I think a certain percentage paid by all would be fair. This way, someone who makes 1000 times someone else pays 1000 times as much.

But they paid property taxes, energy taxes, etc. and employed over a million employees who pay income taxes, social security and Medicare taxes, sales taxes,, and buy property, homes and cars and stuff.

But Amazon actually reportedly paid $162M in federal taxes in 2020...

That's way more than I paid. :)

Regards,
Jim

We should pay 23% to 24% in taxes. But we should pay it as a consumption tax. And every single person pays the same amount.

It is called the Fair Tax Act. The only federal taxes we should pay is a 23% sales tax. No income tax. No payroll tax. No telephone/build911/surcharge tax. No federal fuel tax.

And you would get a rebate on the 23% tax up to the poverty line, so no one is taxed on what it takes to survive. You get the rebate. I get the rebate. Elon Musk gets the rebate.

And if politicians want to raise taxes, they have to raise taxes on every single tax payer, not just select groups.

And there would be no withholding on paychecks. You make $10 an hour and work 40 hours? You get $400. The 23% tax would be on all new goods and services. Buy used? No tax.
Love it, WB

Forum List

Back