How much debt is too much

And the conservatives say flat tax and spend in a balanced budget.. with the elimination of all exemptions, deductions, exceptions, and excuses.. and you little libbies run for the hills screaming

Flat tax is gift to the wealthy

Because you only want equal treatment when it benefits you.. and the unequal treatment of others when it benefits you... the liberal progressive way

No....because most of the world realizes a progressive tax is the most equitable plan

You libs never can provide an answer so here's another chance

current debt 17 T
when obama leaves office 20 T

At what point must the govt stop spending more than it takes in?

25 T
50 T
100 T

?
Why don't you answer the question?

OK, good. So you will oppose any attempts by obama and the dems to raise the debt ceiling next year, right?

will you vote against any congressmen or senators who vote to raise the debt ceiling?

I anticipated this self-destructive attitude: Will GOP Blow Its Current Advantage In January?

See, whining about the debt ceiling, and not being a part of the solution, just makes you a whiner. Nobody likes a whiner.

The solution is to keep spending below revenue. Its not the least bit complicated and is not whining.

What's your solution?

come on sallow, RW, jake-------------weigh in. How much debt is too much?

When the interest on the debt consumes the entire revenue of the govt, is that your answer?

We are Americans.......debt does not matter

Reagan proved that

that was wrong then and is wrong now. its not a partisan thing as much as you would like it to be.

but, you still did not answer. How much debt is too much? At what number should the debt ceiling never be raised beyond?

If debt really meant anything we would do something about it

Republicans only care about debt when a Democrat is in office

They call Democrats "tax and spend" but Republicans cut taxes and spend

Which adds more to he debt?

come on RW, can the partisan bullshit. its wrong when either party does it. both rail against it and then do it when they get in power.

grow the fuck up and make a useful comment or leave the thread.

current debt 17 T

25 T
50 T
100 T

?

The question was for my dem and lib friends who support obama in raising the debt ceiling but screamed bloody murder when Bush did it.

My answer: no more than 5 trillion as long as we are paying something on the principle and not just the interest.

Say what you will about the man, and I've made my share of attacks on the guy, John Boehner at least has the balls to admit we need to raise the retirement age to 70.

We are living 30 percent longer than when the age was set at 65. Common sense dictates we should be working longer.

Boehner needs to start pushing hard for this solution.

the age for SS and medicare could be raised over time, but a much simpler answer is to collect SS tax (and it is a tax) on all income rather than just the first 106K.

If we raise the age, people will have to work longer and those jobs will not open up for young people who need them. every action has a reaction.

still waiting for one of you on the left to tell us how much national debt is too much.

come on, you have opinions on everything else-----------------

still waiting for one of you on the left to tell us how much national debt is too much.

come on, you have opinions on everything else-----------------

I have already told you....Deficits don't matter

come on RW, can the partisan bullshit. its wrong when either party does it. both rail against it and then do it when they get in power.

Americans do not give a shit about debt. They want endless benefits, the biggest military in the world, wars that we don't pay for ......oh yea
and tax cuts

We don't care about debt

The Total Credit Market tally, at Federal Reserve, is $58.0 tril. That is not only more than the federal total of $17.0 tril. 75 % of Total is actually under some form of repayment plan. The federal portion is not, since it is backed by the tax base.

Anyone saw in the mortgage crisis: That Personal Income is woefully insufficient to pay off that 75% portion, however. That became the real deficit crisis--the elimination of the tax base that is supposed to back the federal notes. The income gap now even alarms the Pope.

Contrary to the Tea Party agenda,Their personal adoration of TARP, being Republicans, is actually bad for business. The Tea Party is big government reliant, like on a federal ACA website, and not a state and local website. The tax base does not come from millionaires and billionaires, unless it is steeply progressive. The Tea Party Red States wouldn't even allow an extension of MediCaid. Instead of paying mortgages, the Tea Party only supports the paying of drug. . . .salespeople(?).

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Some people, after all, need to stay on their own sides of the street--and fences, and boundaries, and ball games--or doll games(?). . . .or. . . .beds(?)!)

Here's a question for you. How will we pay it off without raising taxes or devaluing our currency?

And I don't suppose you noticed that Bush doubled the national debt, too.

No we all know that is that the rationale for continuing the trend Bush did it to? Using that logic who ever follows Obama gets to continue it because he did.

candidate obama said that increasing the debt was unpatriotic and a failure of leadership.

Obama says a lot of things.... Like

If you like your plan you can keep your plan.
If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.

Obama lies.... plain and simple.

Americans do not give a shit about debt. They want endless benefits, the biggest military in the world, wars that we don't pay for ......oh yea
and tax cuts

We don't care about debt

Some certainly do feel that way.
what do you think? this thread was started to find out how much debt you on the left think is OK. Not one of you has given an answer other than zero or it doesn't matter.

I want your opinion. How much debt is too much?

current debt 17 T

25 T
50 T
100 T

?

The question was for my dem and lib friends who support obama in raising the debt ceiling but screamed bloody murder when Bush did it.

My answer: no more than 5 trillion as long as we are paying something on the principle and not just the interest.

You attack the Democrats/Liberals for raising the debt ceiling. Then in the same breath you say you want the debt to be "no more than 5 trillion".

Do you know who raised the debt ceiling from $5.5 trillion to $11.3 trillion?

You hacks need to break out of your partisan paradigm. Seriously.

Last edited:
All this smoke over the debt ceiling right now by the Faux Right is just lip service. They want to get back in power so they can return to the days when it was them doubling the national debt.

It's spending envy.

Only the most gullible think it is anything else.

You attack the Democrats/Liberals for raising the debt ceiling. Then in the same breath you say you want the debt to be "no more than 5 trillion".

Do you know who raised the debt ceiling from $5.9 trillion to $11.3 trillion?

You hacks need to break out of your partisan paradigm. Seriously.

When did I ever say that I supported the GOP raising the debt? answer: never.

but lets get the facts straight, shall we.
debt when obama took over 10T
debt today 17T
debt when obama leaves office 21T

obama will have added more to the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED.

putting the country in unsustainable debt is wrong when either party does it.

you need to take off the dem party hat and face that reality.

All this smoke over the debt ceiling right now by the Faux Right is just lip service. They want to get back in power so they can return to the days when it was them doubling the national debt.

It's spending envy.

Only the most gullible think it is anything else.

:lame2:

Forum List

Back