How many people here could start a small business if.....

I know your pain-----I have a story too boring to post------few people are willing to do it. My dad struggled after a prolonged illness too----he had five kids and a very limited wife to support
No pain to that little story. It was merely a stepping stone into something else in store for us. I posted it thinking about the opportunity that so many people will have whether they want it or not as a result of AI and covid.

you did mention the INITIAL pain---I am delighted it worked out-----HOWEVER few people are able and even less WILLING to endure that pain-----entitlements or the PROMISE THEREOF are far more attractive. The present unrest is all about ENTITLEMENTS and even "REPARATIONS" for
"godonlyknows" what
After having a grapefruit size mass removed during that time frame I literally went straight off of welfare into being one of the first women contractors for Idaho DOT. I hated welfare but it was all that was available. It took ten years to get child support from the ex and a young 20's female with no diploma or college degree doesn't have much of a shot at normal things. Not everyone wants welfare or social checks.

YOU DID IT------good for you. Uhm---my Ex never paid---he STILL hides I had a really hard time just getting a LEGAL DIVORCE. The baby is almost 40, so the situation is OLD. I understand your pain.
Welfare is VERY TOUGH for normal people---it works for people who WANT IT and do the things it takes to RIP off DA SYSTEM. For some people it is a WAY OF LIFE

I know your pain-----I have a story too boring to post------few people are willing to do it. My dad struggled after a prolonged illness too----he had five kids and a very limited wife to support
No pain to that little story. It was merely a stepping stone into something else in store for us. I posted it thinking about the opportunity that so many people will have whether they want it or not as a result of AI and covid.

you did mention the INITIAL pain---I am delighted it worked out-----HOWEVER few people are able and even less WILLING to endure that pain-----entitlements or the PROMISE THEREOF are far more attractive. The present unrest is all about ENTITLEMENTS and even "REPARATIONS" for
"godonlyknows" what
It's damn hard to live on entitlements alone, damn hard.
I was learning about forex and the stock market on unemployment. I learned it is relatively easy to make money with enough margin on the demos.

Ten years ago I started a photography business with less than $5k. Before Covid hit, I was making right around $85K a year. My best year, 2018, I hit $110K, but I spent about eight months of that year on the road, shooting everything from portraits to racing to endurance sports to real estate ($$$!!) to product photography...
I've seen in the local swap people asking 'who does photography'. The school pictures business that does school pics in this area and many others was born out of desperation by a fellow back in a depression who was simply looking for a way to feed his family.

I do a lot of photography of sororities and fraternities. That aspect of my business was the first to be adversely affected by Covid. I've been asked about doing senior portraits, but I've not delved into that too much.

I've gotten into doing biker portraits, and the reason why is actually kind of morbid.

I'd taken a portrait of a friend of mine who was a local biker. It turned out really good. I think he paid me $75 for it. Well, about a year later he was killed when he was hit by a drunk driver. Since he refused to wear a helmet while on his bike, let's just say an open casket was never really a reasonable option.

His family, instead, stood the portrait I'd shot of him next to his casket.

I exist in a biker community; some 1%'er types, some enthusiasts; the gamut. I guess, at some point, they started to consider their own mortality and lifestyle and have conclude that "Topper", my friend who was killed, just as easily could've been any one of them...

"godonlyknows" what
After having a grapefruit size mass removed during that time frame I literally went straight off of welfare into being one of the first women contractors for Idaho DOT. I hated welfare but it was all that was available. It took ten years to get child support from the ex and a young 20's female with no diploma or college degree doesn't have much of a shot at normal things. Not everyone wants welfare or social checks.

YOU DID IT------good for you. Uhm---my Ex never paid---he STILL hides I had a really hard time just getting a LEGAL DIVORCE. The baby is almost 40, so the situation is OLD. I understand your pain.
Welfare is VERY TOUGH for normal people---it works for people who WANT IT and do the things it takes to RIP off DA SYSTEM. For some people it is a WAY OF LIFE
The ex died owing me a small fortune.

Yes for 'some' that is true. They are stuck in a rut that they were raised in and truthfully I don't think a lot of them no how to overcome that.

"godonlyknows" what
I was learning about forex and the stock market on unemployment. I learned it is relatively easy to make money with enough margin on the demos.
Yes, it is best if you don't need to borrow money to play the margins, but...My old man was a security investment broker...

"godonlyknows" what

Yes for 'some' that is true. They are stuck in a rut that they were raised in and truthfully I don't think a lot of them no how to overcome that.

thanks for sharing-----I have no idea if my ex is alive or dead. His family would have no problem contacting my son------but they would probably be worried that the kid (my baby, now a man) might claim something.

"godonlyknows" what

thanks for sharing-----I have no idea if my ex is alive or dead. His family would have no problem contacting my son------but they would probably be worried that the kid (my baby, now a man) might claim something.
He left son his old collector car and motorcycle. Son called me and wasn't going to take it because the prick never did anything for him, I mean never even a birthday card or even a phone call. I told son 'don't let your pride overcome good sense; take it, sell it all and use the cash for something you want'.

"godonlyknows" what
Yes, it is best if you don't need to borrow money to play the margins, but...My old man was a security investment broker...
Most demos start with fifty thousand. Being conservative and only using ten percent of that with ninety percent in reserve is much easier.

Forum List

Back