How long is everyone here generally prepped for? Two weeks? More?

Comfortably for a month.
Rationing for some long term thing if we had to... probably 3 months. But I would have to get into my beer grains and that would be tramatic.

Here in Florida we have hurricane supplies. I don't want to have to depend on the filthy ass government if there is a disaster.

We generally have enough food for 90 days. More than what we would probably ever need for a hurricane. We stock up at the beginning of the season. At the end of the season we usually make a donation to our church's food bank for the items nearing the end of the shelf life.

The Wife and I are good for six months of grub but the selection would get sparse.
Water wouldnt be an issue for a looooong time.

But long before the grub got that sketchy we'd have packed up and headed to fish camp.
I watch that show where they're naked and out in the woods alone and hungry. I see how happy they are to catch a fish. You can stand on my dock and catch a million little fish with just string a hook and worm or corn. If you fish like a man you can catch bigger fish like bass pike walley musky. Kind of nice living on a lake. Plus I can boil the water and drink it.

But when all the store bought is gone and you're hungry you'll eat your belt.

LOL....
View attachment 318829
I can catch stringers like this daily. And I dont need to boil shit because we have a live Artesian well that flows 24/7
We also have a shitload of squirrels,rabbit,hogs,deer,quail,dove and of course alligators to eat.
View attachment 318836View attachment 318836
Oh...and you're a dumbass if you spend your time fishing when you can set up Yo Yo's to do your fishing for you.
As well as setting rat traps in hardwoods to catch squirrels.
You're talking to someone who spent their life roaming the woods of Texas and living off the land.
We go out and bring nothing but a frying pan.

Excellent. Sounds wonderful especially the well. But bottom line is we both have fresh water and food sources.

I may choose to go stay on my brothers property up north. 65 acres Deer, beaver, squirrel, birds And he has a little river running the back of his property. A garden.

Around here if I’m stuck ill get sick of just fish. But it is nice to know I have plenty of water and food in my back yard.

Last edited:
well i was born on a farm i helped my dad build....so.......

~S~
Most successful people had parents who helped them. Emotionally, genetically, financially, intellectually.

There are people who were born poorer than me but are more successful. There are also kids who grew up well to do and they turned into pieces of shit.

I feel sorry for my nephews. Their dad is rich. Hard to be as successful as their dad. But they do go to the best private schools and the oldest just got accepted to MSU. But it would be like being Michael Jordan’s son and trying to play basketball. You may never measure up to dad.

anyways, my brother says he shouldn’t feel guilty for having so much money especially when we grew up poor. But even poor we had good parents. It seems to be the key ingredient.

Just because your parents have money doesn’t mean you’re going to grow up to be successful. I guess I’d rather my parents had more money but what they gave us was more than fair.

The Wife and I are good for six months of grub but the selection would get sparse.

But long before the grub got that sketchy we'd have packed up and headed to fish camp.
I watch that show where they're naked and out in the woods alone and hungry. I see how happy they are to catch a fish. You can stand on my dock and catch a million little fish with just string a hook and worm or corn. If you fish like a man you can catch bigger fish like bass pike walley musky. Kind of nice living on a lake. Plus I can boil the water and drink it.

LOL....
View attachment 318829
I can catch stringers like this daily. And I dont need to boil shit because we have a live Artesian well that flows 24/7
We also have a shitload of squirrels,rabbit,hogs,deer,quail,dove and of course alligators to eat.
Oh...and you're a dumbass if you spend your time fishing when you can set up Yo Yo's to do your fishing for you.
You're talking to someone who spent their life roaming the woods of Texas and living off the land.

Excellent. Sounds wonderful especially the well. But bottom line is we both have fresh water and food sources.

I may choose to go stay on my brothers property up north. 65 acres Deer, beaver, squirrel, birds And he has a little river running the back of his property. A garden.

Around here if I’m stuck ill get sick of just fish. But it is nice to know I have plenty of water and food in my back yard.

There are all kinds of edible plants on the property.
But yeah you'd get sick of eating just fish and deer meat.
And then there's scurvy to worry about.

The Walmart near me is still fully stocked. They even have T.P. The shelves are still full in the ABC store too. Preppers can hunker down in their bunkers and eat expired MRE's while my wife and I venture out about once a week and cook steak on the grill.

war-posters-food-comp.jpg

The Walmart near me is still fully stocked. They even have T.P. The shelves are still full in the ABC store too. Preppers can hunker down in their bunkers and eat expired MRE's while my wife and I venture out about once a week and cook steak on the grill.
I had chicken last night, with potatos and gravy with fresh cabbage. Tonight I am having mutton chops. Tuesday is my beef steak night. monday I am having leftover elk stew. Nothing but the flour I am using and a few spices came from a store.
My cache of mres is being stored, but i dont expect to need that.

I pulled out of the stock market 3 months before this happened, and have always bought in bulk, due to severe instability in my line of work, so I can last indefinitely. I have no mortgage or debt, and have mega savings. I am actually hoping it does last a long time because I am willing to trade off on my freedom to leave the house in exchange for the knowledge that Trump is losing $650,000 per day with his closed properties.

I pulled out of the stock market 3 months before this happened, and have always bought in bulk, due to severe instability in my line of work, so I can last indefinitely. I have no mortgage or debt, and have mega savings. I am actually hoping it does last a long time because I am willing to trade off on my freedom to leave the house in exchange for the knowledge that Trump is losing $650,000 per day with his closed properties.

Aren't you concerned about all the dying democrats in the big cities?
Oh wait....y'all will just replace with mexicans.

LOL....
View attachment 318829

There are all kinds of edible plants on the property.
But yeah you'd get sick of eating just fish and deer meat.
And then there's scurvy to worry about.
In the summer even here in metro Detroit I know you can pick dandelions boil them and eat them like spinach.

Looks like the preppers ready for Doomsday are having the last laugh. While the first weeks after the shutdown was a rush to the supermarkets in search of food and toilet paper, looks like things have calmed down for now. At least until markets announce they can't stay open because their employees won't come to work anymore, and Trump announces it will be another two months..

So I'm wondering what is everyone ready for? Two weeks? A month? Did the preppers make you see the light and you are ready for more? Taking a pulse on American preparedness for SHTF. It hasn't yet you know.

Half-assed prepper here. Nobody's laughing.

I could stay in the house for another month but might need to make a trip to town for a couple things once a week.

Haven't needed to break out the MRE's yet and M40 gas mask is a little difficult to breathe through, but it filters biological agents.
We always wondered why the soldiers in star Wars wore those masks over their faces When they didn’t stop a shot from one of those guns that go pew pew pew. Now we know. Life imitating art.

All it takes is one of yours to leave the job they just lost in the big city they had to come to because there are no jobs in the town they grew up in, and come home to quarantine with the family but before they go home they stop in the general store for supplies and now you all got it.

it just may take a little longer to get to you.

I have a full on metal fabrication shop and live in farm country so money is up and down all the time.Tourism may never come back so the 2 cabins($12 1500/month before) are crash pads until ? Food and water is 100 % self sufficient until an asteroid or ice age. Never say never !
I'm partially grid connected(the shop) but could be off grid easy enough
Sound cool

I live in hurricane country so always prepared for a month or two. I hadnt yet started this years work on the generator and such so caught a little flat footed. April is the month i rotate and replenish generally.
But since I am out to work every day anyhow I dont mind hitting the store when we need it. Im not using any emergency supplies yet except bread ran short right at the beginning and my wife got into the flour supplies to make bread already. I dont mind that..its delicious.

All it takes is one of yours to leave the job they just lost in the big city they had to come to because there are no jobs in the town they grew up in, and come home to quarantine with the family but before they go home they stop in the general store for supplies and now you all got it.

No worries about that in my case.

No worries about that in my case.
Perfect reply from a every man for himself republican

Forum List

Back