How long is everyone here generally prepped for? Two weeks? More?

I have a full on metal fabrication shop and live in farm country so money is up and down all the time.Tourism may never come back so the 2 cabins($12 1500/month before) are crash pads until ? Food and water is 100 % self sufficient until an asteroid or ice age. Never say never !
I'm partially grid connected(the shop) but could be off grid easy enough
Sound cool
Doable..... My buddy with a taxi company(huge---3 cars) is dead in the water and earning zero to maintain his place so it's cabin time for him....until ? Old school washboard laundry
tati.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-03 at 1.44.32 PM.jpeg

I pulled out of the stock market 3 months before this happened, and have always bought in bulk, due to severe instability in my line of work, so I can last indefinitely. I have no mortgage or debt, and have mega savings. I am actually hoping it does last a long time because I am willing to trade off on my freedom to leave the house in exchange for the knowledge that Trump is losing $650,000 per day with his closed properties.

Aren't you concerned about all the dying democrats in the big cities?
Oh wait....y'all will just replace with mexicans.
All it takes is one of yours to leave the job they just lost in the big city they had to come to because there are no jobs in the town they grew up in, and come home to quarantine with the family but before they go home they stop in the general store for supplies and now you all got it.

it just may take a little longer to get to you.

No worries about that in my case.
Perfect reply from a every man for himself republican

If you're dumb enough not to take precautions thats on you.
Nothing I can do or say will change that.

I have a full on metal fabrication shop and live in farm country so money is up and down all the time.Tourism may never come back so the 2 cabins($12 1500/month before) are crash pads until ? Food and water is 100 % self sufficient until an asteroid or ice age. Never say never !
Sound cool
Doable..... My buddy with a taxi company(huge---3 cars) is dead in the water and earning zero to maintain his place so it's cabin time for him....until ? Old school washboard laundryView attachment 319514View attachment 319515
You ever see those little homes? They look like a mini house. all kinds of different designs from $5-25k depending on how big and nice? The more expensive ones have more room windows and maybe even a deck.

I was going to put one of these in the woods on the back of my brothers property. I still might. But they went up north to quarantine and didn’t want me to come stay in their home. If I had this mini home set up I would have just stayed in it.

Sound cool
Doable..... My buddy with a taxi company(huge---3 cars) is dead in the water and earning zero to maintain his place so it's cabin time for him....until ? Old school washboard laundryView attachment 319514View attachment 319515
You ever see those little homes? They look like a mini house. all kinds of different designs from $5-25k depending on how big and nice? The more expensive ones have more room windows and maybe even a deck.

I was going to put one of these in the woods on the back of my brothers property. I still might. But they went up north to quarantine and didn’t want me to come stay in their home. If I had this mini home set up I would have just stayed in it.
I built a few from containers over the years. Too damned hot/cold unless positioned just right. That lil cabin cost me about 6 grand. I did it all myself including milling the cedar on my farms. I guess it's about 30 x 20 or so. Kitchette, shitter/shower, queen bed and sleeper sofa.Internet. Ceiling fan.Temps inside and out are bout 65 at night and 75 day...All year/every year. Gravity fed springs.Solar power.
woodshop.jpg

The Walmart near me is still fully stocked. They even have T.P. The shelves are still full in the ABC store too. Preppers can hunker down in their bunkers and eat expired MRE's while my wife and I venture out about once a week and cook steak on the grill.
Plus many grocery stores including Walmart have both delivery service and curbside pick up. CVS,Walmart and Walgreens all have drive through pharmaceuticals.

I have a full freezer,fridge,pantry and house hold supply closet. Im also stocked up on pet supplies. I’m good for quite awhile if I don’t feel like getting out.

The Walmart near me is still fully stocked. They even have T.P. The shelves are still full in the ABC store too. Preppers can hunker down in their bunkers and eat expired MRE's while my wife and I venture out about once a week and cook steak on the grill.
Plus many grocery stores including Walmart have both delivery service and curbside pick up. CVS,Walmart and Walgreens all have drive through pharmaceuticals.

I have a full freezer,fridge,pantry and house hold supply closet. Im also stocked up on pet supplies. I’m good for quite awhile if I don’t feel like getting out.

Unfortunately it appears everyone in my area has taken advantage of curbside pickup.
Before you could place an order in late afternoon and pick it up the next day.
Last week it took two weeks,this week were down to one so thats at least an improvement.

Whats really Cool is my local Specs Liquer will do curbside now!!!!
And the Dog food store will deliver no charge!!!!

Probably about 3 weeks. Dooms day scenerio and rationing 2-3 months.

Probably about 3 weeks. Dooms day scenerio and rationing 2-3 months.

You can bet once this shit has blown over there are going to be a shitload of more prepared Americans.

I'm set for 6 months If we had to stretch it and that feels inadequate.

The Wife actually asked me yesterday if I had enough Ammo if things went south....
I'd have bet a substantial amount of money that the Wife would never utter those words.

I keep 6 months of powdered shakes that have all the protein and energy a person needs for a whole day.

Canned goods for a couple of weeks, but my wife can turn shoe leather into a banquet so I am not too worried anyway.

She is a goddess.

No one here has put their hands to the plow. If they don't stay away from foods with GMO ingredients. That they just wasting their time. That food is made with viruses. And lately, viruses has been on the increase since it was put onto the market since 1995.
Some people are storing up their own coronavirus and they don't even know it.

13. New Diseases
As previously mentioned, genetically modified foods can create new diseases. Considering that they are modified using viruses and bacteria, there is a fear that this will certainly happen. This threat to human health is a worrisome aspect that has received a great deal of debate.

27 Big Advantages and Disadvantages of Genetically Modified Foods

I wish I had more rice.

Got maybe 20-30 pounds rice, same with beans. Wife can't eat rice, plugs her up. I love rice!
I went and got a big bag of rice the other day. I feel much better now. I need more canned corn. I can live forever on corn and rice. But I need lots of Parmigiano cheese. I have 3 of them but I should probably buy more. It's a staple for me. On rice and pasta.

What are the other things that stay good forever and are good? Peanut butter and jelly are cheap and stay good forever.

New Topics

Forum List

Back