How is it we lack protective gear for health care workers?

Let me state this is NOT the fault of the POTUS. What is hard to comprehend is the richest, greatest country that currently contains the greatest workforce in the world has even one hospital that is lacking enough protective gear for it's healthcare workers. Unacceptable.

Because hospitals were struggling to make ends meet under all the new regulations from ObamaCare and the reduced Medicare reimbursement rates. Stockpiling equipment cost money and most did not have the money to spend and extra 10% each month to stockpile

Come on, get with it, it's Trump's fault !!

Let me state this is NOT the fault of the POTUS. What is hard to comprehend is the richest, greatest country that currently contains the greatest workforce in the world has even one hospital that is lacking enough protective gear for it's healthcare workers. Unacceptable.

Because hospitals were struggling to make ends meet under all the new regulations from ObamaCare and the reduced Medicare reimbursement rates. Stockpiling equipment cost money and most did not have the money to spend and extra 10% each month to stockpile

Come on, get with it, it's Trump's fault !!

No, this one is not on Trump. He does plenty on his own without adding things he had nothing to do with.

Obama had his entire 8 year presidency to get the supplies back up, after the 2009 H1N1. He failed, governors of every state failed, and Trump has also failed.

But of course according to Dimocrats, EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF THIS CRISIS IS TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in Britain..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in Italy..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in France..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in Spain..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in Africa..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in Australia..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

But, but, but, but...Obama...but, but, but Hillary. Hey, you think her emails are to blame for the 2.5+ years the Trump admin didn't restock our supplies?

Obama had his entire 8 year presidency to get the supplies back up, after the 2009 H1N1. He failed, governors of every state failed, and Trump has also failed.

But of course according to Dimocrats, EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF THIS CRISIS IS TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in Britain..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in Italy..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in France..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in Spain..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in Africa..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

They're running low on facemasks in Australia..........................IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT !

But, but, but, but...Obama...but, but, but Hillary. Hey, you think her emails are to blame for the 2.5+ years the Trump admin didn't restock our supplies?
Why was the 2005 HHS study that concluded we would need 740,000 ventilators if we were hit by another Spanish Flu kind of pandemic ignored by Obama ?

But but but...…………………………………...it's Trump's fault !!!!!!!!!!

Why was the 2005 HHS study that concluded we would need 740,000 ventilators if we were hit by another Spanish Flu kind of pandemic ignored by Obama ?

But but but...…………………………………...it's Trump's fault !!!!!!!!!!

Oh shit..really? Obama didn't restock supplies..but your lord and savior didn't either. And he's been El Prez since 2017? Make America Stupid Again... That sums Trump supporters up in a nutshell.

In 2012 through 2015 the U.S. government made a huge run on supplies to fill some stock bunkers they'd recently finished building in a secret underground city. They depleted many food sources and health care supply sources. My guess is that some of those stores that they plundered weren't restocked and that is why we face shortages of respirators and masks.

They anticipated the great food contamination crisis that has been successfully hushed into silence. (2015-2020)

And now this.

It's a wakeup call. States have been lazy and health care unions didn't give a shit about anything except salaries and electing do nothing democrats.

It is estimated we will need 3Billion masks over the next 12 months. So stockpiling, as a strategy will/would have failed either way. So the question doesn't bring any value to a discussion.

It is estimated we will need 3Billion masks over the next 12 months. So stockpiling, as a strategy will/would have failed either way.
But there are degrees of that failure. An existing stockpile would help right now, and 12 months gives us time to make more.

It is estimated we will need 3Billion masks over the next 12 months. So stockpiling, as a strategy will/would have failed either way.
But there are degrees of that failure. An existing stockpile would help right now, and 12 months gives us time to make more.
I guess you have no idea of the tidal wave coming in the next 4 weeks. We haven't seen shit yet. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

So, how many would you stockpile? 200 Million? I doubt that would ever happen. That's tying up almost a quarter of a billion in inventory. And it wouldn't have cured the situation.

Be realistic. There is not degrees. We would have failed either way because the world hasn't seen anything like this given the amount of travel mankind does now. NOTHING like it. No one could or would have been fully prepared. Failure is failure = no degrees. It's on or off. You choose off because you want Trump to fail.

guess you have no idea of the tidal wave coming in the next 4 weeks. We haven't seen shit yet.
I do, which is why I mentioned degrees of failure. More masks stockpiled = more available, whether or not it's "enough". That's a simple fact that should not require explanation or a supporting argument.

Greed, we don't make them in the USA. China makes them for us.

All you have to do is to look at how we spend out time. Too busy trying to turn America into Mexico and queerifying the nation. We brought it on ourselves.

It all stems from greed. It is not like hospitals are charging a pittance for their overpriced work. Should they be charging 10 times the amount they do now? A million per surgery and $25,000 a day for a room? Maybe they could have enough .50 cents Chinese masks then.

It all stems from greed. It is not like hospitals are charging a pittance for their overpriced work. Should they be charging 10 times the amount they do now? A million per surgery and $25,000 a day for a room? Maybe they could have enough .50 cents Chinese masks then.

There is a lot of people making a shit ton of money off of our healthcare system....hospitals are not high on that list.

What the fuck are you ralking about? If the virus turned out to be nothing buy hype, the never of cases could end up being far fewer than expected. Do you understand what a hypothetical is?

Obviously not.

I am not good at playing "what if" games, lets stick to reality.

I talked with my daughter an hour ago and her hospital in Florida has a critical shortage of PPE gear, including N95 mask, and they have not even had a positive patient yet. Our medical personnel are now being told the complete opposite to what they have been told for decades. Now all of a sudden it is ok to just wipe off an N95 mask and reuse it, it is ok to just wear a surgical mask, you do not need that face shield we told you that you needed for the last 50 years.

The same things are going on all over the country.

None of this is hypothetical for me as I have two loved ones on the front lines of this, including my wife who Friday had her first positive COVID-19 patient.

I have a dear friend who is an emergency room nurse in downtown Manhattan. They're being told to continue to treat patients even if they test positive, until they develop symptoms. Not because they aren't contagious, but because there's no one to replace them if they stop working.

She works in the blood bank, and said that the "runners" who pick up and drop off from all parts of the hospital, have told her things she would not have believed of a top NY Hospital one month ago. To be honest, I am worried to death for her right now.
When I was really young, I used to work in the blood Bank at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, and I used to have runners just like your friend, to send the typed match blood or blood component to the floor and to the nurse's station the patient with the blood prescription was located.....that was a few decades ago..... and it sounds like the blood banks in hospitals are run the exact same way they did decades ago! No changes to the system..... runners are still doing the same job they did for me, so so many years ago.

Those runners did not wear personal protective gear back when I was working in the blood bank and sent them off to all the different floors of the hospital.... they need to be armored up, today, so not to get or spread the disease to the medical technologists in the blood bank! :eek:

There is a lot of people making a shit ton of money off of our healthcare system....hospitals are not high on that list.
I disagree. Many are making a shit ton of money..

What the fuck are you ralking about? If the virus turned out to be nothing buy hype, the never of cases could end up being far fewer than expected. Do you understand what a hypothetical is?

Obviously not.

I am not good at playing "what if" games, lets stick to reality.

I talked with my daughter an hour ago and her hospital in Florida has a critical shortage of PPE gear, including N95 mask, and they have not even had a positive patient yet. Our medical personnel are now being told the complete opposite to what they have been told for decades. Now all of a sudden it is ok to just wipe off an N95 mask and reuse it, it is ok to just wear a surgical mask, you do not need that face shield we told you that you needed for the last 50 years.

The same things are going on all over the country.

None of this is hypothetical for me as I have two loved ones on the front lines of this, including my wife who Friday had her first positive COVID-19 patient.

I have a dear friend who is an emergency room nurse in downtown Manhattan. They're being told to continue to treat patients even if they test positive, until they develop symptoms. Not because they aren't contagious, but because there's no one to replace them if they stop working.

She works in the blood bank, and said that the "runners" who pick up and drop off from all parts of the hospital, have told her things she would not have believed of a top NY Hospital one month ago. To be honest, I am worried to death for her right now.
When I was really young, I used to work in the blood Bank at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, and I used to have runners just like your friend, to send the typed match blood or blood component to the floor and to the nurse's station the patient with the blood prescription was located.....that was a few decades ago..... and it sounds like the blood banks in hospitals are run the exact same way they did decades ago! No changes to the system..... runners are still doing the same job they did for me, so so many years ago.

Those runners did not wear personal protective gear back when I was working in the blood bank and sent them off to all the different floors of the hospital.... they need to be armored up, today, so not to get or spread the disease to the medical technologists in the blood bank! :eek:

My friend usually works strictly in the blood bank, but the past few weeks she's been doing testing of potential covid19 patients in the emergency room. Yesterday was her first day back in the blood bank in several days. I'm very concerned for her. She's usually such a positive person but she's completely exhausted, and basically flops into bed after work and tries to forget what she's seen. She dreads going to work. This is a woman who was working at this same hospital through 9/11.

Our front line health care workers are like fire fighters running into a burning building at the moment, and they don't even have protective gear.

trump cannot cut the CDC budget

that decision is up to congress

and in any case it hasnt been cut
Right, he can't. He tried. The congress said "nope".
sorryto disapoit you but the CDC budget was not cut

however they waste more than enough on frivolous or downright stupid research unrelated to infectious disease to deserve less money

Actually, it kinda is. And we'll be fair here. After the H1N1 virus outbreak during the Obama administration, supplies were not restocked. But last I looked, Donald Trump has been President since January, 2017. What stopped him from authorizing it?
Was Obama Responsible for N95 Masks Shortage?
You idiots that think the president is responsible for everything in the country are the biggest retards of all time. You see that individual states are supposed to take care of themselves, idiot.
If we extend Trump's philosophy that he is an absolute ruler within the executive branch then it follows that he is ultimately responsible for the mistakes of any executive branch agency. He's a pretty handy scapegoat too since he continues to mishandle this crisis. This was his time to shine and finally become The President but unfortunately for us he is incapable of thinking of himself as a public servant.
The greatest failing of the feds was the failure of medical professionals at CDC/NIH to pursue research into corona viruses and instead wasted their time and money on bullshit having nothing to do with epidemics

the state and local authorities failed to maintain adequate supplies on hand

there is also the problem of globalization and the offshoring of vital production that should be here

Great in ignoring the actual problem...

The White House:
Cut CDC budget
Cut NIH budget
Didn't order masks three months then blames Obama
Hid the the threat it was going impose on US
Downplayed it
And still today are more worried about the economy than peoples lives

Lie, lies, and more lies. Why don't you STFU and go back into hiding where your idiocy belongs?

Lies, lies, lies, yeah...
So, again, when did we depend on what other countries do before we acted.?
Trump campaigned..while people died...Almost writes itself?
Trump has done a good job so far to overcome shortages of supplies that are a state and local responsibility

New Topics

Forum List

Back