How is it we lack protective gear for health care workers?

Let me state this is NOT the fault of the POTUS. What is hard to comprehend is the richest, greatest country that currently contains the greatest workforce in the world has even one hospital that is lacking enough protective gear for it's healthcare workers. Unacceptable.

Actually, it kinda is. And we'll be fair here. After the H1N1 virus outbreak during the Obama administration, supplies were not restocked. But last I looked, Donald Trump has been President since January, 2017. What stopped him from authorizing it?
Was Obama Responsible for N95 Masks Shortage?

Let me state this is NOT the fault of the POTUS. What is hard to comprehend is the richest, greatest country that currently contains the greatest workforce in the world has even one hospital that is lacking enough protective gear for it's healthcare workers. Unacceptable.

That is a supply clerk problem. They should have ordered more. Any hospital without a billion changes of PPE and a million ventilators sitting around their hallways is unamerican.

Having a for-profit system our institutions only have enough stuff on hand for normal everyday operations. There is no incentive to stockpile anything that might not be needed this quarter. Now that the shit has hit the fan guess who these capitalists are looking to for assistance? That's right, the government. To get through this we will have to put corporate profits on the back burner and turn to socialized medicine.

Because America in particular, Canada as well, has allowed the outsourcing of these critical materials. Hospitals are going to, I assume, generally have more than enough gear at their disposal. For a pandemic, however, they obviously need much much more.

Since the so-called "supply chain" (as if it's forever set in stone) involves China and other nations and countries are at their mercy. For instance, France just ordered one BILLION face masks from the communists, who have made off like bandits in this pandemic. Other nations are hoarding their own stash since they need it, this includes U.S allies.

Bottom line, if you don't manufacture locally, you are at the mercy of another country in some form or another. Be it medical supplies, life or death prescriptions or energy sources. China is reaching out to Western nations and now after harming them with their silence, they try and become the hero.

Reminds me of the old Stalin story, I think the below describes the West leadership quite well at the moment, and we'd all be wise to appreciate this story:

On one occasion, so it was narrated, Stalin called for a live chicken and proceeded to use it to make an unforgettable point before some of his henchmen. Forcefully clutching the chicken in one hand, with the other he began to systematically pluck out its feathers. As the chicken struggled in vain to escape, he continued with the painful denuding until the bird was completely stripped. “Now you watch,” Stalin said as he placed the chicken on the floor and walked away with some bread crumbs in his hand. Incredibly, the fear-crazed chicken hobbled toward him and clung to the legs of his trousers. Stalin threw a handful of grain to the bird, and it began to follow him around the room, he turned to his dumbfounded colleagues and said quietly, “This is the way to rule the people. Did you see how that chicken followed me for food, even though I had caused it such torture? People are like that chicken. If you inflict inordinate pain on them they will follow you for food the rest of their lives.”

Last edited:
we knew this was coming back in january - plenty of time to prep... but donny ignored it, instead having secret SCIF room meetings at HHS, where the actual experts were kept out but the insider traders were attending.

the virus itself isn't donny's fault - but everything else that has to do with it is all on him.

Actually, it kinda is. And we'll be fair here. After the H1N1 virus outbreak during the Obama administration, supplies were not restocked. But last I looked, Donald Trump has been President since January, 2017. What stopped him from authorizing it?
You idiots that think the president is responsible for everything in the country are the biggest retards of all time. You see that individual states are supposed to take care of themselves, idiot.

we knew this was coming back in january - plenty of time to prep... but donny ignored it, instead having secret SCIF room meetings at HHS, where the actual experts were kept out but the insider traders were attending.

the virus itself isn't donny's fault - but everything else that has to do with it is all on him.
All we knew in January was about the fake impeachment you liars and the media staged for us all.

protective gear for healthcare workers is a state and local responsibility

Many things including....impeachapalooza!!!! Yahoooooooooo!

All we knew in January was about the fake impeachment you liars and the media staged for us all.

donny knew. HHS knew. the inside traders knew.... & they did nothing.

You mean around the time he was being impeached? Maybe his focus was elsewhere and so was much of the government I'm sure...

donny knew. HHS knew. the inside traders knew.... & they did nothing.
Prove it liar.

You idiots that think the president is responsible for everything in the country are the biggest retards of all time. You see that individual states are supposed to take care of themselves, idiot.
If we extend Trump's philosophy that he is an absolute ruler within the executive branch then it follows that he is ultimately responsible for the mistakes of any executive branch agency. He's a pretty handy scapegoat too since he continues to mishandle this crisis. This was his time to shine and finally become The President but unfortunately for us he is incapable of thinking of himself as a public servant.

Along with that was a deluge of subpoenas for records and paperwork specifically designed to cripple the administration. Looks like some of it worked.

If we extend Trump's philosophy that he is an absolute ruler within the executive branch then it follows that he is ultimately responsible for the mistakes of any executive branch agency. He's a pretty handy scapegoat too since he continues to mishandle this crisis. This was his time to shine and finally become The President but unfortunately for us he is incapable of thinking of himself as a public servant.
IF you do that then you are a liar. No president is an absolute ruler.

Why would you imaging we would stock full time enough of these supplies for an epidemic?

60% of Americans approve of the way he's handling the epidemic.

Because hospitals were struggling to make ends meet under all the new regulations from ObamaCare and the reduced Medicare reimbursement rates. Stockpiling equipment cost money and most did not have the money to spend and extra 10% each month to stockpile

New Topics

Forum List

Back