How is a 10 year old child ready for marriage ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
13,000 children a year are married in America

More than 200,000 children were married in the US over the past 15 years, new figures have revealed.

Three 10-year-old girls and an 11-year-old boy were among the youngest to wed, under legal loopholes which allow minors to marry in certain circumstances.

Should you be able to get married before you can vote ?

As long as we tell immigrants to avoid assimiliation and we respect their culture we will have child marriage. The saddest part is, IF a child manages to run away from the 'spouse". he or she will be returned under our laws of family reunification so a child in this country has no protection at all.

As long as we tell immigrants to avoid assimiliation and we respect their culture we will have child marriage. The saddest part is, IF a child manages to run away from the 'spouse". he or she will be returned under our laws of family reunification so a child in this country has no protection at all.

You realize white Americans involve their children in child marriages as well, right? Mormons marry off their young daughters all the time. Its not an immigrant problem, its a religious zealot problem.

Last edited:
Those are bullshit numbers, but child marriage is rampant in the Muslim world, which is because their prophet married a nine year old.

In May, the high-profile Republican governor for New Jersey declined to sign into law a measure that would have made his state the first to ban child marriage without exception. Chris Christie claimed it would conflict with religious customs.

From article. Not just immigrants.

Thats how I read it. A redneck thing.

Child brides usually come from poor backgrounds, said Jeanne Smoot, a lawyer attorney with the Tahirih Justice Centre. The organisation offers legal services to women fleeing violence and has called for child marriage to be banned.

She added: "Almost all the evidence indicates that girls in cities don’t get married young, that girls from middle class or wealthy families, don’t get married young. This is a rural phenomenon and it is a phenomenon of poverty."

More than 200,000 children were married in the US over the past 15 years, new figures have revealed.

Three 10-year-old girls and an 11-year-old boy were among the youngest to wed, under legal loopholes which allow minors to marry in certain circumstances.

Ask your 3 Million mustly young male Muslim immigrants you so fondly welcome to the EU.

Opinion | America’s Child-Marriage Problem

Another article on the same subject.

The Tahirih survey focused on immigrants, and it identified child marriages or forced marriages, or both, in immigrant communities from 56 countries of origin in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas, but it also identified such marriage in so-called American families.

The survey found child marriage or forced marriage, or both, in families of many faiths, including Muslim, Christian (particularly Catholic), Hindu, Buddhist and Sikh. I have seen child and forced marriage in the Orthodox Jewish community, and I know survivors from Mormon and Unification Church backgrounds.

I personally beleive people should at least wait until they are in their twenties to get married. That being said, if an sixteen year old gets knocked up by a seventeen year old, should they be allowed to get married?

Those are bullshit numbers, but child marriage is rampant in the Muslim world, which is because their prophet married a nine year old.

What does that have to do with what's happening here in the US of A? You can't call something bullshit because you don't like it. Everything isn't fake news.

I personally beleive people should at least wait until they are in their twenties to get married. That being said, if an sixteen year old gets knocked up by a seventeen year old, should they be allowed to get married?

Teenagers have no business getting married. Even if a 16 year gets pregnant, I don't think she should get married just because she's having a baby. That is one of the worse reasons for getting married and shot gun weddings generally end in divorce.

Well I suppose it can work out for them and they are both past the age of consent. Its more this type of thing that shocked me.

A 14-year-old girl married a 74-year-old man in Alabama, while a 17-year-old wed a 65-year-old groom in Idaho.

This can only happen with the consent of a judge, that cant be right.

You realize white Americans involve their children in child marriages as well, right? Mormons marry off their young daughters all the time. Its not an immigrant problem, its a religious zealot problem.

A stupid post without the least bit of backup. This may be true for break-away sects that are not sanctioned by LDS authorities but not the main church itself.

Just a bit of historical background. Marriage was customarily a union to create children and was meant to wait until but members were ready and able to conceive. That meant a female reaching puberty and having her first menstrual period and the male being able to ejaculate. Alternatives to this were brought about by religious leaders in order to exercise authority over the population.

You are judging the past by modern sensibilities. Child marriages were common in the past, but as time passes the general age has gone up.
We have consent now, not just arranged marriages

Well I suppose it can work out for them and they are both past the age of consent. Its more this type of thing that shocked me.

A 14-year-old girl married a 74-year-old man in Alabama, while a 17-year-old wed a 65-year-old groom in Idaho.

This can only happen with the consent of a judge, that cant be right.
Maybe there also should be a law about the maximum age difference.

You come from an island that gives muslims CARTE BLANCHE TO MOLEST THOUSANDS OF YOUNG GIRLS AND HAVE THE AUDACITY TO WHINE ABOUT CHILD MARRIAGE HERE? Besides, our country's internal goings on are NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS, YOU ARROGANT, HYPOCRITE!!! Don't you get the concept of minding ones own business or are you too voyeuristic? You have got to be the most hypocritical scumbag on this entire site. Clean the fuck up your own backyard before sniveling about ours!

Just a bit of historical background. Marriage was customarily a union to create children and was meant to wait until but members were ready and able to conceive. That meant a female reaching puberty and having her first menstrual period and the male being able to ejaculate. Alternatives to this were brought about by religious leaders in order to exercise authority over the population.
That made sense hundreds of years ago. Things are more complicated now.

A stupid post without the least bit of backup. This may be true for break-away sects that are not sanctioned by LDS authorities but not the main church itself.
You claim that it's stupid and spout off about it without first doing the research:

The survey found child marriage or forced marriage, or both, in families of many faiths, including Muslim, Christian (particularly Catholic), Hindu, Buddhist and Sikh. I have seen child and forced marriage in the Orthodox Jewish community, and I know survivors from Mormon and Unification Church backgrounds. Opinion | America’s Child-Marriage Problem

FT_16.10.14_childMarriageUS.png

Who could have guessed?? http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-rare-in-the-u-s-though-this-varies-by-state/

Forum List

Back