USMC vet claims PTSD and demands "right" to have pet dog with him at work.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Hell with these idiots who try and bring their pets to work with them.

USMC Vet: Employer Won't Let Me Come to Work With PTSD Service Dog

july 8 2017 A United States Marine Corps veteran who suffers from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder said his employer won't let him come to work with his service dog.

Yauncey Long said Cincinnati Bell, a Midwest telecom company, refused to let him work in the company of his service dog, C4.

Long said he's gotten pushback from the company, including "unsatisfactory" responses from management, after he applied for reasonable accommodations.

I didn't think it was legal to disallow service dogs.
PTSD can be every bit as disabling as blindness.

as i've said before , my Dad and 2 Uncle- went to war , ww2 , stormed beaches , 1 died in France . The survivors came home , got jobs , got married , raised families and died natural deaths in beds in the USA . ------------------- in my OPINION , ptsd and similar is 'bs' in the majority of cases . In this particular case , i do not support this particular guy .

I didn't think it was legal to disallow service dogs.
PTSD can be every bit as disabling as blindness.

I was going to respond to the OP but thanks to you I don't have to. Dear lady, you said it all.

The Professor: Former USMC radio-telegraph operator and member of Second ANGLICO (Air and Naval Gunfire Liaison Company), Camp Lejeune, NC.

Semper Fi.

My opinon is that PTSD is a manufactured pity pot. Men have been going to war since they lopped off one another's heads on the battlefield, come back, raised families, and went about their business until the next war.

That said. There is no earthly reason to deny the dog. The dog absolutley should be allowed in the work place. As long as it is not dangerous and the dog behaves, it doesn't matter whether it is a service dog or not. The dog stays. Whatever dog hater that complains is welcome to go.

LBHS = Liberal Butt Hurt Syndrome

I think PTSD is some lib manufactured BS in most cases.

as i've said before , my Dad and 2 Uncle- went to war , ww2 , stormed beaches , 1 died in France . The survivors came home , got jobs , got married , raised families and died natural deaths in beds in the USA . ------------------- in my OPINION , ptsd and similar is 'bs' in the majority of cases . In this particular case , i do not support this particular guy .

I understand that and your point of view. However a lot of those men suffered throughout their lives and never really knew much about why, let alone what they might be able to do about it. A lot of them lived believing they were weak somehow, and that their feelings were limited to weak or fearful men which was not the case.

My opinon is that PTSD is a manufactured pity pot. Men have been going to war since they lopped off one another's heads on the battlefield, come back, raised families, and went about their business until the next war.

That said. There is no earthly reason to deny the dog. The dog absolutley should be allowed in the work place. As long as it is not dangerous and the dog behaves, it doesn't matter whether it is a service dog or not. The dog stays. Whatever dog hater that complains is welcome to go.
------------------------------------------ gotta disagree on the dog but i agree on the 'ptsd' . Workplace is no place for a pet of any type , employer should have his rules obeyed .

Oh brother. Workplaces of any sort are not compelled to accept peoples pets.
A service dog is not just a pet.

------------------------------------------ gotta disagree on the dog but i agree on the 'ptsd' . Workplace is no place for a pet of any type , employer should have his rules obeyed .
Thanks to insane insurance laws and liability, if you have a dog at your business, you have to pay through the nose.

Dogs were not allowed in the prison. One day the ass warden brought one in and put him in the class room. He shit all over the place. The dog, not the warden. convict had to clean it up. I had some fudge that I promptly shaped into the form of a dog turd. Mayhem followed.

Maybe we can more fully describe what "survivor" entails. Many of those vets couldn't cope very well even though they did function through some places at a work setting. Grandpa Ernie survived if that is what you can call it but the moment he came through the door at the end of the day he had to have his whiskey and beer. The weekends were all whiskey and beer. He was so shell shocked if he fell asleep on the couch and you needed to wake him up and just speaking loud wouldn't do it, you wouldn't dare reach out to nudge him or he may unintentionally take your head off. Fact is everyone I knew that was in those wars suffered similar effects and the tragedies that followed. Most all were alcoholics. I think those who have been sent off to wars need to be given a little grace in certain areas if that helps them survive with a bit more dignity than being a stone alcoholic the rest of their days. Maybe the leaders around the globe can just get over this warring crap and then at least we wouldn't purposely be putting young people into a situation where "surviving" becomes such an arduous task.

I understand that and your point of view. However a lot of those men suffered throughout their lives and never really knew much about why, let alone what they might be able to do about it. A lot of them lived believing they were weak somehow, and that their feelings were limited to weak or fearful men which was not the case.
----------------------------------- some may have felt that they were weak but they did their jobs as men , Dads and husbands with no special favors so they were actually very strong no matter what they thought of themselves Deann .

Oh brother. Workplaces of any sort are not compelled to accept peoples pets.
A service dog is not just a pet.

There is a distinction between *service dog* and a *therapy dog*.

A service dog performs a particular service..they can open doors, for example, or pick up dropped items, or guide people around.

A therapy dog typically collects fleas, acts twitchy, and is compulsively stroked by disheveled 6'5" trannies in the line at Grocery Outlet, all while going leashless.

Maybe we can more fully describe what "survivor" entails. Many of those vets couldn't cope very well even though they did function through some places at a work setting. Grandpa Ernie survived if that is what you can call it but the moment he came through the door at the end of the day he had to have his whiskey and beer. The weekends were all whiskey and beer. He was so shell shocked if he fell asleep on the couch and you needed to wake him up and just speaking loud wouldn't do it, you wouldn't dare reach out to nudge him or he may unintentionally take your head off. Fact is everyone I knew that was in those wars suffered similar effects and the tragedies that followed. Most all were alcoholics. I think those who have been sent off to wars need to be given a little grace in certain areas if that helps them survive with a bit more dignity than being a stone alcoholic the rest of their days. Maybe the leaders around the globe can just get over this warring crap and then at least we wouldn't purposely be putting young people into a situation where "surviving" becomes such an arduous task.
--------------------------------------------- Ernie did his job as Dad , husband and whatever else , the fact that he liked to Legally drink was his business in my opinion ROD .

--------------------------------------------- Ernie did his job as Dad , husband and whatever else , the fact that he liked to Legally drink was his business in my opinion ROD .
Sure it was their business but the fact is that there was a great degradation in their lives due to being in a war at a very young ages. Like Koshergirl stated, actual service dogs are not mere pets. They are professionally trained to be adapt in any given situation around other people while being of service to their owners.

Sure it was their business but the fact is that there was a great degradation in their lives due to being in a war at a very young ages. Like Koshergirl stated, actual service dogs are not mere pets. They are professionally trained to be adapt in any given situation around other people while being of service to their owners.
---------------------------------- you don't know that , maybe the Grandpaw Gent liked being Drunk and that should be his choice in a Free Country . And , in my opinion , dogs, pets , animals , service or otherwise on a private business owners property should be the Business owners business and no one elses Rod .

---------------------------------- you don't know that , maybe the Grandpaw Gent liked being Drunk and that should be his choice in a Free Country . And , in my opinion , dogs, pets , animals , service or otherwise on a private business owners property should be the Business owners business and no one elses Rod .
I can agree with that "private business owners property should be the Business owners business and no one elses", so why does government have a right to regulate whether a person can have a pet or service dog with them at an outside eatery or any other business?

--------------------------------- never affected my Dad or Uncles negatively as far as i could see . Same thing regarding all the veterans that i grew up around as a kid . Veterans of ww2 or 'korea' were my teachers and the Dads of all my freinds throughout my life . As regards MOST 'ptsd' claimants . I say that its simply about some extra money or as i already said , Government gives more favors to pretend sufferers because they have the pretend [in most cases] ptsd problem Rod .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back