How has the Trump presidency negatively affected your quality of life?

I’d like to direct this question to the anti Trump folks with U.S. citizenship status for obvious reasons.
Given the amount of over the top outrage we’ve witnessed over a two year period one would think the haters will be able to post a laundry list of things here.....BUT I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess there will be very little participation from the Left in this one.
GO!

His trade wars have brought the markets to a standstill and that is hurting my investments and 401ks. Thus hurting both my quality of life now and in the future.

Since the day he announced his first tariffs the DJI has grown 1.4%...that was 256 days ago. That is a growth rate of less than 2% for a whole year. Anyone not a partisan sheep has to admit that 1.4% in 256 days is pretty shitty.

Since the day he announced his first tariffs the NASDAQ has grown 8.62%...that was 256 days ago. That does not seem terrible until you realize that for that same time period one year before the NASDAQ grew 19.89%. So, there is more than a 10% drop off thanks to the trade war.

Since the day he announced his first tariffs the DJI has grown 2.95%...that was 256 days ago. That is a growth rate of about 4% for a whole year. Anyone not a partisan sheep has to admit that 2.95% in 256 days is pretty shitty. That same time period a year ago it grew at 12.31%

Fair enough...The trade wars have slowed market growth but you probably haven’t been affected unless you were intending to sell off and cash out. Most of us seasoned investors understand the trade wars require us to think big picture.

dow-jones-10y.png

The trade war was unnecessary, that is why it was a bad thing.

A year of stagnant growth means less money later, that is bad. I think big picture and the big picture is that my investments are now a year behind where they should be.

As you know, I’m not always the smartest guy in the room...I’ll trust that highly trained, highly educated people far smarter than me and privy to information that we are not decided that a trade war was good for Americans. But that’s just stupid ole me thinking out loud.
You do realize that market growth trajectory was bound to plateau at some point...right?

I’d like to direct this question to the anti Trump folks with U.S. citizenship status for obvious reasons.
Given the amount of over the top outrage we’ve witnessed over a two year period one would think the haters will be able to post a laundry list of things here.....BUT I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess there will be very little participation from the Left in this one.
GO!
For one, it gives me anxiety a moronic, whiny little bitch has access to the use of nuclear weapons. The second is that I feel completely embarrassed that this sack of garbage represents the most powerful nation on Earth. The third is that Trump and his band of corrupt/retarded GOP politicians will do absolutely NOTHING to help the middle class or poor.

GO!

His trade wars have brought the markets to a standstill and that is hurting my investments and 401ks. Thus hurting both my quality of life now and in the future.

Since the day he announced his first tariffs the DJI has grown 1.4%...that was 256 days ago. That is a growth rate of less than 2% for a whole year. Anyone not a partisan sheep has to admit that 1.4% in 256 days is pretty shitty.

Since the day he announced his first tariffs the NASDAQ has grown 8.62%...that was 256 days ago. That does not seem terrible until you realize that for that same time period one year before the NASDAQ grew 19.89%. So, there is more than a 10% drop off thanks to the trade war.

Since the day he announced his first tariffs the DJI has grown 2.95%...that was 256 days ago. That is a growth rate of about 4% for a whole year. Anyone not a partisan sheep has to admit that 2.95% in 256 days is pretty shitty. That same time period a year ago it grew at 12.31%

Fair enough...The trade wars have slowed market growth but you probably haven’t been affected unless you were intending to sell off and cash out. Most of us seasoned investors understand the trade wars require us to think big picture.

dow-jones-10y.png

A year of stagnant growth means less money later, that is bad. I think big picture and the big picture is that my investments are now a year behind where they should be.

As you know, I’m not always the smartest guy in the room...I’ll trust that highly trained, highly educated people far smarter than me and privy to information that we are not decided that a trade war was good for Americans. But that’s just stupid ole me thinking out loud.
You do realize that market growth trajectory was bound to plateau at some point...right?

The problem with highly trained, highly educated people far smarter than you is that if you put 100 of them in a room you will get 50 different answers to that question.

This is my view of it all. Under the current trade deals we are at 110 straight months of economic expansion, the 2nd longest such streak in the long history of our country. The UE rate is under 4 and there are more jobs than people to fill them. All sectors have been growing since 2011 including manufacturing. During those 110 months of expansion our financial markets have gone up something like 300%.

All that under the current deals, hard for anyone to convince me that we are getting screwed.

There are not a lot of plateaus on that graph you posted, and from what you and others keep telling us, the market sucked under Obama.

GO!

dow-jones-10y.png

The problem with highly trained, highly educated people far smarter than you is that if you put 100 of them in a room you will get 50 different answers to that question.

This is my view of it all. Under the current trade deals we are at 110 straight months of economic expansion, the 2nd longest such streak in the long history of our country. The UE rate is under 4 and there are more jobs than people to fill them. All sectors have been growing since 2011 including manufacturing. During those 110 months of expansion our financial markets have gone up something like 300%.

All that under the current deals, hard for anyone to convince me that we are getting screwed.

There are not a lot of plateaus on that graph you posted, and from what you and others keep telling us, the market sucked under Obama.

There’s elementary flaws in your analysis....First of all, the market couldn’t have sucked under the Kenyan as we were emerging from a great recession. During those 110 months, the Kenyan was pumping trillions of our cash into the U.S. economy...there was nowhere to go but up and up on an insane trajectory.....Just as employment numbers start to shrink as we near ‘full employment’ so to does market growth as we reach the peak.

GO!

dow-jones-10y.png

Again, you’ll have a hard time convincing me or anybody else that you know more than the stupid smart economic advisors to The President Of The United States Of America. No disrespect intended, I’m simply applying sensible logic here.

GO!
He is ugly and fat , narcissist, bully. Bigot, asshole and that brought out the uglies like him. He needs to go!!!!

Cool, so this administration hurts your feelings...has your life been negatively affected?
Yeah...toxic enviorement, low morals, racists and bigots are emboldened...as a minority I have never felt threatened before till this his scum and his minions are out....you are a prime example.
Financially is the same as with Obama, nothing changed.
Bigots need to be crushed and he needs to fuck off in a humiliating way.

I think Trump has affected what it means to be an American around the world

We are no longer trusted and our values are not respected

GO!
He is ugly and fat , narcissist, bully. Bigot, asshole and that brought out the uglies like him. He needs to go!!!!

Cool, so this administration hurts your feelings...has your life been negatively affected?
Yeah...toxic enviorement, low morals, racists and bigots are emboldened...as a minority I have never felt threatened before till this his scum and his minions are out....you are a prime example.

The “toxic” environment has been perpetuated by the Loony Left...100%
Low morals? The Left is defined by low morality and tolerance of such..you know this.
Are you saying Americans are less moral now under the Trump administration?
“Racists and bigots are emboldened”
You mean good, REAL Americans who lost faith in government, law and order have confidence again and want their country back from Mexico...don’t you?
Unless you’re on the taxpayer tit you are better off financially under Trump...you’re lying if you say otherwise.

Last edited:
I think Trump has affected what it means to be an American around the world

We are no longer trusted and our values are not respected

Haha...we have been laughed at and taken advantage of by the world for years...you’re sadly mistaken. We are the only country in the world that allows filthy thirdworld pieces of shits to invade our country and rob our people blind while fucking the place up and morphing the culture. The world thinks we are a fucking joke for that alone.
Trump has told the world “fuck off...we’re taking care of our own”
ANY good, real American can appreciates that big time.

Again, you’ll have a hard time convincing me or anybody else that you know more than the stupid smart economic advisors to The President Of The United States Of America. No disrespect intended, I’m simply applying sensible logic here.

I have never tired to convince anyone of anything. Here is the problem with your blind faith in the smart economic advisers to The President Of The United States Of America. The previous President Of The United States Of America had equally smart/educated economic advisers and I am betting you disagreed with all of them. You only agree with this set because of the party of the guy sitting in the white house

There’s elementary flaws in your analysis....First of all, the market couldn’t have sucked under the Kenyan as we were emerging from a great recession. During those 110 months, the Kenyan was pumping trillions of our cash into the U.S. economy...there was nowhere to go but up and up on an insane trajectory.....Just as employment numbers start to shrink as we near ‘full employment’ so to does market growth as we reach the peak.

Sure, it could have kept going down, it was not done going down when Obama took office, so it could have indeed kept going. Is the money that Obama pumped into the economy any different than the trillion that Trump pumped into it this year with his tax cuts.

The leader of our nation is a pervert.
Thus perversion is now accepted.
Lowers the quality of life across the board.

Understand?

No, I didn't think you would.
Lol
Says a Clinton supporter

GO!
Lol
Says a Clinton supporter

GO!

I will say the only POTUS in my lifetime that had an actual direct negative impact on my life was Bush II and his invasion of Iraq. I lost friends and fellow Marines. Before it was all over one of the Marines I put in as a recruiter had died in Iraq, that is something one does not ever forget.
Obamacare devastated millions of conservatives lives....

GO!

I will say the only POTUS in my lifetime that had an actual direct negative impact on my life was Bush II and his invasion of Iraq. I lost friends and fellow Marines. Before it was all over one of the Marines I put in as a recruiter had died in Iraq, that is something one does not ever forget.

Had no impact on me at all, though it did make my wife's job as a nurse much harder.

Sure, it could have kept going down, it was not done going down when Obama took office, so it could have indeed kept going. Is the money that Obama pumped into the economy any different than the trillion that Trump pumped into it this year with his tax cuts.
Increased taxes never help good people... In fact the opposite is true

Of course it is. People get to spend their money as they see fit instead of bureaucrats allocating it.

Stupid question.

GO!

Had no impact on me at all, though it did make my wife's job as a nurse much harder.
Obamacare made millions go into bankruptcy because they could not afford it

Increased taxes never help good people... In fact the opposite is true

Increased debt is never good for a people either. Responsible people pay for what they have, they do not leave the bill for the children and grandchildren.

GO!

Na, not really
Obama lowered the morale of the military to incredibly low levels. Obamacare made millions of lives miserable.

Forum List

Back