Zone1 How does one become a moderator here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't bother me when I was on the team.....But that was at a time that we didn't have the silly "zones", and so many preposterously wiggly rules-but-not-really-rules to navigate.

Ah yes the "zones." the zones that are not zones that don't really exist except on paper. The zones that are like mixing eggs, flour, yeast and water together to make a cake batter, then saying that each ingredient in the cake is now each a separate "zone." :th_waiting:

That and the wiggly-piggly iffy maybe sometimes rules look like something that would spring forth from a very liberal, very FEMALE mind.

Am I close?

You edited my post you dog. Those vibrating chesticles are not part of the seriousness of this thread. :shok:
Sorry that was supposed to be in my reply. In my defense a middle aged poodle was licking my ear at the time I posted it. Then she barked and my ear exploded.

Anyone considering accepting an invitation to join the moderating team should know this:

It has the potential of ruining all that is... well... for lack of a better word... "fun" about a message board such as this. If you think the members you interact with now are assholes, just wait until they blame you for everything... every moved post, every deleted post, every closed thread, every moved thread, every slight, perceived or otherwise... whether you were the responsible moderator or not...

One of the smart ones that "got away" -- obviously. :up:

Didn't bother me when I was on the team.....But that was at a time that we didn't have the silly "zones", and so many preposterously wiggly rules-but-not-really-rules to navigate.

You were there....I know.

I've read a bit of USMB mod room history. It wasn't as easy as letting anarchy reign. Because it also reigned in the mod room. LARGELY -- it's a more "synchronized and harmonious" process now. No drunken fist fights. No threats.

Old timers STILL think we're here to rent humans as punching bags. THOSE were the "fun" days.

USMB history is probably the only kind of history that hasn't changed that much. Libs versus conserves (if that's how you abbreviate that second party.) is the way of life on here.

The two newest ain't worth a shit.

The screening process needs tweaked

White's alright. He's sincere.

The other one, in my view, is a poser and likes to try to giggle his way out of responsibly supporting himself.

Some seem to think it's cute. I, on the other hand, do not.

And that slimy stuff he pulled yesterday with a couple of posters, accusing them of making violent threats when no threats whatsoever were made, and then on top of that forwarding the image of mod rank by informing them that he was actually counting these so-called ''threats'' that were not in any way threats at all was the kicker. And then giggling about it after I told him about it. Pft. Yeah. Someone's judgment needs to be questioned for putting new forum members like that in a position to do precisely what the did , with the false image being preserved, which will only serve to mislead casual passers-by and discourage others from contributing similar relevant content i nthe future. That really kind of peeved me off a little bit when I saw him pull that nonsense. And another mod sat there in the same thread and let it happen, predictably. And it still sits there in the thread, unaddressed. Though I did tell em what I thought about that kind of sleazy stuff. Somebody has to. A lot of good it did...

But whatever.

Honestly, you have more power just posting as a regular shmuck if you aren't afraid to speak up.

The place needs an an active owner/administrator. Because the worst problems are created from the top down, if we're being intellectually honest about it.

Last edited:
White's alright. He's sincere.

The other one, in my view, is a poser and likes to try to giggle his way out of responsibly supporting himself.

Some seem to think it's cute. I, on the other hand, do not.

And that slimy stuff he pulled yesterday with a couple of posters, accusing them of making violent threats when no threats whatsoever were made, and then on top of that forwarding the image of mod rank by informing them that he was actually counting these so-called ''threats'' that were not in any way threats at all was the kicker. And then giggling about it after I told him about it. Pft. Yeah. Someone's judgment needs to be questioned for putting new forum members like that in a position to do precisely what the did , with the false image being preserved, which will only serve to mislead casual passers-by and discourage others from contributing similar relevant content i nthe future. That really kind of peeved me off a little bit when I saw him pull that nonsense. And another mod sat there in the same thread and let it happen, predictably. And it still sits there in the thread, unaddressed. Though I did tell em what I thought about that kind of sleazy stuff. Somebody has to. A lot of good it did...

But whatever.

Honestly, you have more power just posting as a regular shmuck if you aren't afraid to speak up.

The place needs an an active owner/administrator. Because the worst problems are created from the top down, if we're being intellectually honest about it.
It likes to troll threads. And then acts all cutesy about it. It’s annoying. Too bad we can’t put mods on ignore.

I imagine it’s like herding cats, something I am familiar with after running an amateur sporting league for 20 years.

I imagine it’s like herding cats, something I am familiar with after running an amateur sporting league for 20 years.
th.jpg

1. Be a narcissist
2. Your comments and PM's must be vague and mysterious
3. You have to play favorites
4. Move peoples threads without any warning to the poster of any kind
5. Be in silent mode for months, then all of a sudden, start berating and banning at least 10 people a day for a week

That's what happens AFTER members become mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back