Zone1 How does one become a moderator here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One is asked.

As for criteria, I would imagine a measure of level headedness, an even temperament, and the ability to set aside one's biases are all factors that would lead one to receive an invitation to moderation.

Who decides? It has been my experience that it is the existing moderators who decide. On all the boards that I have been a member, the moderators often confer with one another and an individual is "nominated" and the approached.
Makes sense.... Probably has something to do with reporting post, and the excuses given when reporting them also. Otherwise reporting post is basically moderator training school right ? ROTFLMBO.

jennifer lawrence oh hell no gif | WiffleGif
You racist... ROTFLMBO

Anyone considering accepting an invitation to join the moderating team should know this:

It has the potential of ruining all that is... well... for lack of a better word... "fun" about a message board such as this. If you think the members you interact with now are assholes, just wait until they blame you for everything... every moved post, every deleted post, every closed thread, every moved thread, every slight, perceived or otherwise... whether you were the responsible moderator or not...
That sounds like a lot of work, do moderators get paid enough to quit their jobs elsewhere ? Doesn't seem like enough time in a day to work elsewhere and be a devoted mod.

Di
Well, I for one am gratified. I like chocolate. Bribes are supposed to be delicious!
Biden must have diabetes on top of everything else he's got then, otherwise if chocolate is a central bribe theme that American's who are like him alledgedly like A-lot. LOL.

Wait, but he's a self-made communist dictator now isn't he ?

Well they like chocolate A-lot also I bet.

IOW, no one knows?

I know. I think. It's kinda like electing a new Pope. Some secret traditions but it's pretty well known to members.

We draft new mods less than once a year usually. And recently - we started putting them on as pairs or more at one time. We're GROWING and it's an election year. And we have losses in staff as well due to mental exhaustion or other real life issues.

To be REAL HONEST HERE -- It's become almost IMPOSSIBLY HARD to find candidates. We're a discussion board. We look for members who are GOOD at and ENJOY actual HONEST discussion. Or are at least open-minded and not here for the "punching bag rentals" that we provide.

Also look for people skills, humor, and especially GREAT humor. That's a requirement to SURVIVE all the abuse that we take.

So each mod keeps a list of potentials. When an opportunity arises, these folks are "tweaked" about joining and we LIE to them about the wonderful benefits and UNLIMITED TYRANNICAL power that they might wield. Kinda of that IRS Job posting that made the news last week where they embarrassing stressed the use of weapons and "an ABILITITY TO TAKE A LIFE" as a requirement. :omg:

About 1/2 are interested. The others are too damn smart to catch.

And we rank choice vote until we ALL AGREE on the number that we need.

Not too late for anyone to start PRETENDING you're honestly interested in discussion and LOVE EVERYBODY AT USMB. We're easily fooled. :up:

The answer is still no, Flac.

Believe me, it isn't you, either, it's me. I'm just a rolling stone. Wherever I lay my hat is home.

You deserve somebody better, more loyal and caring. I drink too much, cuss too much, fart too much. I just don't think it could ever work out even if I do love you so.

:boobies:I know. I think. It's kinda like electing a new Pope. Some secret traditions but it's pretty well known to members.

We draft new mods less than once a year usually. And recently - we started putting them on as pairs or more at one time. We're GROWING and it's an election year. And we have losses in staff as well due to mental exhaustion or other real life issues.

To be REAL HONEST HERE -- It's become almost IMPOSSIBLY HARD to find candidates. We're a discussion board. We look for members who are GOOD at and ENJOY actual HONEST discussion. Or are at least open-minded and not here for the "punching bag rentals" that we provide.

Also look for people skills, humor, and especially GREAT humor. That's a requirement to SURVIVE all the abuse that we take.

So each mod keeps a list of potentials. When an opportunity arises, these folks are "tweaked" about joining and we LIE to them about the wonderful benefits and UNLIMITED TYRANNICAL power that they might wield. Kinda of that IRS Job posting that made the news last week where they embarrassing stressed the use of weapons and "an ABILITITY TO TAKE A LIFE" as a requirement. :omg:

Not too late for anyone to start PRETENDING you're honestly interested in discussion and LOVE EVERYBODY AT USMB. We're easily fooled. :up:
So much truth. I was promised hookers and blow. I got spare change and Candy wrappers.

USMB the Anna Delivery of message boards!

You know, this thread made me think for a moment about the actual important things in life and.......
well......I was gifted a free set of new crapple air pod pro ear buds and MAN! They sound pretty darn good! 🤘
So while I type this i'm enjoying some of my favorites from the 70's and 80's.

They are so odd....
When you put them both in your fuzzy ears it's like you stepped into the vacuum of space....(Silent).....anyone know what I'm talking about? Weird.

You have to be some kind of sick, twisted, power freak, masochist to want to be a moderator on a political forum. Seriously? sheesh!
That would just kill the fun.

I know. I think. It's kinda like electing a new Pope. Some secret traditions but it's pretty well known to members.

Some putzy troll is already trying to trigger me by repeatedly saying "you'd make a shitty mod", so I've got that small victory, at least. Lol.

Anyone considering accepting an invitation to join the moderating team should know this:

It has the potential of ruining all that is... well... for lack of a better word... "fun" about a message board such as this. If you think the members you interact with now are assholes, just wait until they blame you for everything... every moved post, every deleted post, every closed thread, every moved thread, every slight, perceived or otherwise... whether you were the responsible moderator or not...
Didn't bother me when I was on the team.....But that was at a time that we didn't have the silly "zones", and so many preposterously wiggly rules-but-not-really-rules to navigate.

You were there....I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back