How do you feel about this?

The same as I do when eminent domain is used by our government I don't like it.

Eminent domain is a different issue.
Not in the case I was talking about, The city ( might have been the State) took a man's property by eminent Domain for the sole purpose of selling it to an investor that promised them a higher tax base. And the Liberals in the Supreme Court agreed it was legal and the only recourse was for States to change their laws.

Eminent domain is the right of a government or its agent to expropriate private property for public use, with payment of compensation
And yet the Supreme Court of the United States agreed 5 to 4 that City had the right to use eminent domain to take a persons property for the sole purpose of selling it an investor that promised a higher tax base.

They made a number of decisions on 5-4 votes - does that tell you anything? But as usual you avoided the issue, see the phrase I posted in blue?
Kelo v. City of New London - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

your buddies the liberals made that decision.

The Nebraska Supreme Court let stand a 2012 state law that allows the governor to empower Calgary-based TransCanada to force eastern Nebraska landowners to sell their property for the project.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...pass-pipeline.html#.VLBEqdLF_WQ#storylink=cpy

Well now, how do you feel about this decision? A court allows a foreign company to force American Citizens to sell their land.
We have been allowing everything that we held as "rights" to be taken away, little by little, slowly over time, until we almost have none at all now. At one time, and please correct me if I'm wrong here, land was taken in order to have schools for communities, fire stations, hospitals, and post offices. In other words, land was only taken in order to serve the people, and to provide needed and necessaries services. Now, land is taken for everything from malls, multi-storied parking garages, office building, to large scale residential subdivisions. And in reality, nowadays, land can be taken for any reason, just taken.

What we've done, is to allow a few to dictate life for the other 300,000,000 plus of us. We have remained relatively silent, passive, and undemanding, to the point of being submissive and obedient peasants. We have surrendered power, authority, and a voice in government affairs. What we're seeing and experiencing, is total control of the masses by what amounts to a dictatorship and absolute rule. The American people have become sheep follow the shepherd, in hopes of always being lead in the right direct, for the right purposes.

A government for the people, and by the people, has been redefined as a government For the rich and powerful, By the rich and powerful. We can lose our land, our homes, and anything else the government wishes to take from us. All under the premise of "for the good for all". It's a hard pill to swallow, and even harder to justify.

From reading the article, it appears that the eminent domain issue is a rather minor one.

Why was the Alberta Clipper project approved? It crosses the international border with tar-sands crude, traverses several continental states, and terminates at U.S. refineries. You think that project didn't have eminent domain issues?

Oh- and just take a look at the State Department's assessment of that project:

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.

Did someone suddenly flip on the Stupid Switch at the White House? Da fuck is up with this shit anyway?

Permit for Alberta Clipper Pipeline Issued

a court giving American taxpayer land to a French-Canadian foreign country FREE of charge pisses me off ... RW's love it, then call themselves Patriots.

F Canada, the court and the RW's.

end of story.

Free?, there is compensation

WTH?

And cut the crap over the "private property rights", that ended with smoking bans

Last edited:
The Nebraska Supreme Court let stand a 2012 state law that allows the governor to empower Calgary-based TransCanada to force eastern Nebraska landowners to sell their property for the project.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...pass-pipeline.html#.VLBEqdLF_WQ#storylink=cpy

Well now, how do you feel about this decision? A court allows a foreign company to force American Citizens to sell their land.

Private property rights in the United States ended June 23, 2005. This is the entirely-predictable result of it.

We have been allowing everything that we held as "rights" to be taken away, little by little, slowly over time, until we almost have none at all now. At one time, and please correct me if I'm wrong here, land was taken in order to have schools for communities, fire stations, hospitals, and post offices. In other words, land was only taken in order to serve the people, and to provide needed and necessaries services. Now, land is taken for everything from malls, multi-storied parking garages, office building, to large scale residential subdivisions. And in reality, nowadays, land can be taken for any reason, just taken.

What we've done, is to allow a few to dictate life for the other 300,000,000 plus of us. We have remained relatively silent, passive, and undemanding, to the point of being submissive and obedient peasants. We have surrendered power, authority, and a voice in government affairs. What we're seeing and experiencing, is total control of the masses by what amounts to a dictatorship and absolute rule. The American people have become sheep follow the shepherd, in hopes of always being lead in the right direct, for the right purposes.

A government for the people, and by the people, has been redefined as a government For the rich and powerful, By the rich and powerful. We can lose our land, our homes, and anything else the government wishes to take from us. All under the premise of "for the good for all". It's a hard pill to swallow, and even harder to justify.

Herein is some background on the issue of RDA in CA. I suspect this is common throughout the nation. Eminent Domain restricted the use of the property to the public, this article seems to muddle the issue for me:

Redevelopment Dissolution-Home Detail

The ruling was appropriate. The Fifth Amendment clearly says the government can appropriate private land for public use, provided they give 'just compensation.' The government has constitutional rights, too. However, that doesn't excuse instances where the government abused the process.

Herein is some background on the issue of RDA in CA. I suspect this is common throughout the nation. Eminent Domain restricted the use of the property to the public, this article seems to muddle the issue for me:

Redevelopment Dissolution-Home Detail
Except the Supreme Court already ruled that Local Governments can seize property to increase the tax base, taking from one private individual and selling to another. Your liberal Buddies on the Supreme Court made that ruling.

Forum List

Back