In the land of sweltering heat, DeSantis and his Republican cohorts enact law endangering thousands.

So, we purchase products from slaves in other nations instead of here and you have no issue with that. In fact, we would not be doing this every day on the internet forums as we realize it takes real work to build an economy.

If they could figure out a way to blame conservatives, they'd be right on it.

Because state and federal standards are Vague and don’t cover many workers. This is from the recitals to the Miami-Dae Ordinance:

“WHEREAS, outdoor workers in Miami-Dade County currently lack federal, state, or local heat standards to guarantee basic life-saving protections, including access to heat illness education, access to shaded recovery periods, and first aid and emergency response procedures;“

So now, in 2024, it's suddenly become a problem. You people are brain dead. :auiqs.jpg:

Right back at ya, Why don‘t you give a shit about American workers?

Because I don't agree with you about this supposed bill, I don't care about American workers? Fuck you.

Why didn't you care about them up until Desantis signed some bill that you're lying about? Where were you last year, why weren't you worrying about Florida's workers then? Do you even live there? This entire thread is only meant to bash Desantis, nothing more, nothing less.

The law also applies to those not covered by federal and state standards, The local governments were protecting these workers but also protecting workers where federal and state law were vague or non-existent. There is a reason DeSantis signed this bill surreptitiously. I find it laughable that Republicans that laud local government trash it when it goes against their interests. The law signed by DeSantis applies to all Florida counties. There are over 350,000 workers in Dade county alone affected by this law. There was no reason for this idiotic bill to pass. There is growing outrage over this bill as there should be.

The laws already say you have to provide a safe working environment. The law was overkill, basically destroying productivity.

In any event, power flows from the State to the local governments via home rule provisions in a given State's Constitution, so what the State is saying is we don't want a hodgepodge of different local regulations on this.

Well, red herring boi, cobalt has long been used by the oil and gas industries, too.
And? Democrats are supposed to be the ones concerned about working conditions. Democrats can control things by not pushing legislation to drive more EV adoption. I don’t see them pushing legislation to increase oil and gas; quite the contrary.

Because I don't agree with you about this supposed bill, I don't care about American workers? Fuck you.

Why didn't you care about them up until Desantis signed some bill that you're lying about? Where were you last year, why weren't you worrying about Florida's workers then? Do you even live there? This entire thread is only meant to bash Desantis, nothing more, nothing less.
This thread is about Hypocrisy. All Miami-Dade’s Ordinance required was that during periods of extreme heat, employers are to provide their employees relief. Only a right-wing nut would find that offensive.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
This thread is about Hypocrisy. All Miami-Dade’s Ordinance required was that during periods of extreme heat, employers are to provide their employees relief. Only a right-wing nut would find that offensive.

They already had relief via state and federal government, period.

paid rest breaks aren't relief, they are meant to ignore productivity.

And employers are already required by OSHA and often State laws to provide hydration.

Do you think employers want their workers to get heat stroke or heat exhaustion? Those are reportable incidents on work sites.

You moron, the law prohibits, bars, bans (choose your own word) local government from requiring employers to provide shade, water breaks and other relief during periods of extreme heat. It is just you right-wing hypocrites to trash local government when it suits your extreme agenda.

As far as the temperature goes, even the locals say it is abnormally hot. I’ll take the word of the locals over some idiot Internet warrior who lives a thousand miles away.
No idiot, it removes the state requirement, it doesn’t take away the ability for the local government to provide such things. Banning a requirement on the state level doesn’t take it away at the local level. You once again prove you’re a dolt.

No idiot, it removes the state requirement, it doesn’t take away the ability for the local government to provide such things. Banning a requirement on the state level doesn’t take it away at the local level. You once again prove you’re a dolt.
You moron, you still don’t understand the law. The state law prohibits local government from requiring employers to provide water breaks and other relief during periods of extreme heat. Before you post again have your nursing home care taker review your post.

You've clearly never spent so much as a minute working in 96 degree heat with 84 percent humidity.

Every summer, up to 600 people die in Miami-Dade County, FL, from extreme heat exposure.

I live in Arizona you fucking moron. It’s over a 100 degrees here nearly half the year.

No one is ”banning water breaks” in AZ or FL.

You moron, you still don’t understand the law. The state law prohibits local government from requiring employers to provide water breaks and other relief during periods of extreme heat. Before you post again have your nursing home care taker review your post.
No it doesn’t.

Feel free to post the actual state law.

Forum List

Back