How do you cook your steaks?

137 degrees.....why ...

medium tn? smh......how old are you honey? i dont have much time to educate your little ass.....but lets get you on a good rib eyes....medium rare and maybe a sweetie on the plump side?

137 degrees.....why ...

medium tn? smh......how old are you honey? i dont have much time to educate your little ass.....but lets get you on a good rib eyes....medium rare and maybe a sweetie on the plump side?
29. Yes, lol. I don't like the texture of the meat if it is too raw

137 degrees.....why ...

For a well marbled ribeye, I do 137.

Sirloin 130

lol o you are young....i had no idea....texture...ahh i understand.....i do not like things that have a 'bad' texture...and that is always so personal....try to ease into medium rare...esp if you are at a business dinner.....i have a friend who eats her steaks bloody.....i cant do that...she just flips it on the grill turns it and then eats it.....seared on the outside and moooing on the inside

Steak, along with earth, wind and fire, is one of the greatest gifts given to mankind.

Steak: ribeye.

Cooked: medium rare.

The biggest mistake people make when buying steaks is that they tend to go for the reddest meat, whereas you should go for cuts which have visible traces of fat in it, otherwise known as "marbled".

Season the steak by rubbing olive oil into it, then add salt, pepper and crushed garlic. Leave them to rest for several hours at room temperature.

Pan fry in butter and red wine.

Serve with a fresh, strongly dressed salad and the rest of the red wine.

I can only speak for myself, but the primordial act of tearing into red meat (the kill) accompanied with a glass of deep red (i.e. - blood) gives me the urge to smash the wife's back doors in (lots of hair pulling, and such), so I recommend adequate preparation.

Last edited:
okay i got a question.....we even googled this and still cant quite figure out why one would do this...

wtf is 'hash'

someone said its spam....i said its yankee lol and someone said corned beef and then the recipes seem to be any meat with onions and taters?

southerners discussing hash lol

Medium rare. Rib eye...the fat is manna...but only on a ribeye. I don't like tbone, it's too strong.

I trim off hard fat and connective tissue off everything. I actually love sirloin as long as it's med rare or rarer. I don't know about the freezer thing...but I do know the longer red meat cures, the better it is. In the country that means carcasses hang forever in the cold...in town it means I like it better if it has been in the fridge for a month. In a clean fridge, that is...And not wrapped up tight in plastic.

I don't ban much because I don't have a good set up for it, though that may change this spring...I use cast iron, well oiled, pref with bacon fat or lard, somewhere in the med-med high range. Salt and pepper, and generous butter at the end right when it's removed from heat. LET IT REST a few minutes, voila. It's always yummy.

okay i got a question.....we even googled this and still cant quite figure out why one would do this...

wtf is 'hash'

someone said its spam....i said its yankee lol and someone said corned beef and then the recipes seem to be any meat with onions and taters?

southerners discussing hash lol
Hahaha it's leftover meat and diced potatoes, mixed together and fried. In the store it's corned beef hash...fry it and when it's a little crispy, crack eggs into wells on the top, cover with a lid and turn off the heat...serve when the eggs are done.

Try the freezing KG. It is amazing how juicy it is.
I totally understand what you were saying though. I guess it is just preference..

I wait till the wife calls me to the table. Burnt, sorry I meant blacken, still alive, sorry I meant rare, or medium, doesn't matter to me.

Forum List

Back