How do you cook your steaks?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
I do them in 2 ways.
With both ways, I put the meat in the freezer for about 30 minutes before cooking. If you use a liquid marinade, wipe it off before putting it in the freezer. "room temp" is old school.
1 - Grill. I use lump charcoal as it is a lot hotter than charcoal. I move all the charcoal to one side. A couple minutes on both sides over the coal, and a few minutes on the side. I like to sear it, then heat the middle.
I have found that rubbing them with olive oil or butter during the searing process is about the best thing you can do. I used butter sat night with some creole in it. AMAZING
I usually just use salt, pepper a touch of oil and maybe some creole. That's it. I might re-salt after freezing.
2. Pan sear and broil
Same rub. I sear them on high with a touch of oil for a couple minutes on both sides. Then broil the hek out of them until desired temp is reached.
IMO, searing is the most important. That's why I freeze them.

Blackened steaks are really good, too. If I use that I just sear them the whole time.

A good side is grilled potatoes, asparagus or corn.
Potatoes I slive them, little garlic, sliced onion and butter
Asparagus is directly on the grill. I use soy and when they get done, I coat in sesame seeds.
Corn, I take out all the hairy part(lol) rub in butter and a bit of salt and wrap them back up in the husk

15695817819020p

ahh spoken like a foodie wanna be....honey....filet are basically tasteless...you do know that....they are tender hell yes and forgive a lot but as far as taste....not there.....

fat is what makes the steak.....steaks are just like women....you want a little fat on them....

ahh spoken like a foodie wanna be....honey....filet are basically tasteless...you do know that....they are tender hell yes and forgive a lot but as far as taste....not there.....

fat is what makes the steak.....steaks are just like women....you want a little fat on them....
meh. I hear that a lot but I cant agree lol

fuck steak sauce
If I am at a restaurant and I get "would you like some steak sauce" my reply is "I better not need any" :)

Forum List

Back