How did we get here?

I don't mean what a single person like self-centered Elon Musk but show me where billionaires run away from high taxed countries or states.
If you make the tax code so complicated and with lots of loopholes you can give the illusion of soaking the rich without really doing so

in that case they will probably play along

but dont go too far or they will literally fly away

Then take away the loopholes. But are you now saying that California and New York taxes are low? Make up your mind.
As far as asking me if california taxes are too low I rather doubt it

they must be just ok for the billionaires living there now

but you will have to decide how much soaking they will put up with

Then take away the loopholes.
I suppose you can do that if you choose

your side is in charge now so its all up to you

My post was two sentences, relatively short, I try to do that to keep it simple. Please don't feel the need to remove a portion of it because you don't have an answer.

Then take away the loopholes. But are you now saying that California and New York taxes are low? Make up your mind.

Then take away the loopholes.
I suppose you can do that if you choose

your side is in charge now so its all up to you

My post was two sentences, relatively short, I try to do that to keep it simple. Please don't feel the need to remove a portion of it because you don't have an answer.

See post #221

I don't mean what a single person like self-centered Elon Musk but show me where billionaires run away from high taxed countries or states.
If you make the tax code so complicated and with lots of loopholes you can give the illusion of soaking the rich without really doing so

Are taxes in California high or not? Now that you know California has more billionaires than any other state you change your argument to "taxes must be OK for billionaires then" completely abandoning your previous argument which is that California has high taxes and rich people are leaving because of it. You make this rather drastic change in your argument without providing any sort of evidence.

Trump had no business being anywhere near the Presidency.
Why do you think that Trump had no business being president? I'd vote for Elon Musk for president in a NY second.
He worked his ass off every day. Trump knows politics, he bought many politicians.
Here is Trump's list of "promises kept":

Are taxes in California high or not? Now that you know California has more billionaires than any other state you change your argument to "taxes must be OK for billionaires then" completely abandoning your previous argument which is that California has high taxes and rich people are leaving because of it. You make this rather drastic change in your argument without providing any sort of evidence.
California does not have a billionaire surtax

so there are no existing numbers that tell us what level liberals can get away with

but I guarantee you there is a number that will make the party of high taxes cry

1. Look at doctor salaries worldwide and you see why the US ranks so low. Other countries don't pay their doctors enough. Why become a doctor and go thru all the shit? If you like other countries healthcare better, move there. I also don't trust polls/studies, its probably fake news. If you believe the US government can run the healthcare system better you're the dummy. The government can't run anything.

The government runs a lot of things, just fine.

I've worked for the government and the private sector.. I've seen far more ass-hattery in the private sector.

California does not have a billionaire surtax

so there are no existing numbers that tell us what level liberals can get away with

but I guarantee you there is a number that will make the party of high taxes cry

Who said anything about a billionaire surtax? I'm just talking about higher taxes in general for which billionaires due to how a progressive tax system works pays the most.

I don't think you have an argument.

Who said anything about a billionaire surtax? I'm just talking about higher taxes in general for which billionaires due to how a progressive tax system works pays the most.
Now thats smart

most victims of high taxation cannot move as easily as the billionaires can

and as long as you keep those loopholes that you promise the masses you will close you will still have your captive tax base

1. Look at doctor salaries worldwide and you see why the US ranks so low. Other countries don't pay their doctors enough. Why become a doctor and go thru all the shit? If you like other countries healthcare better, move there. I also don't trust polls/studies, its probably fake news. If you believe the US government can run the healthcare system better you're the dummy. The government can't run anything.

The government runs a lot of things, just fine.

I've worked for the government and the private sector.. I've seen far more ass-hattery in the private sector.
Sure you have, just like the VA was a mess before Trump straightened it out.

Before we move forward we need to take a minute to figure out how we have ended up here. And the truth is. Everybody is sort of right. And everyone is sort of wrong.

It want beautiful. It wasn’t fantastic. And the only thing huge was the groans by people who wished he would get off of Twitter.

Now thats smart

most victims of high taxation cannot move as easily as the billionaires can

and as long as you keep those loopholes that you promise the masses you will close you will still have your captive tax base

Your logic is astoundingly dim. Billionaires can move easily and more of them live in California and New York than any other state.

You're conflating loopholes with valid tax deductions which nobody is getting rid of except flat-taxers who would very much like to bankrupt the country, talk about rising deficits.

1610731493292.png

Forum List

Back