How did we get here?

We are here because people believe that both sides are the problem for everything when this is not the case. The far left does not control the democratic party, but the far right does control the republican party. Centrists in the party need to take the party back to the middle, but what we see today is the long awaited outcome of a movement on the rigt that begam in the 60's. And while most whites on both sides decided to ignore the obvious dog whistling, what we see today is as Malcolm said, "The chickens are coming home to roost."

The rich have been soaking everyone else.
They are smarter than you and me

george soros will burn in hell, but he knows how to make money
You don't have to be smart to make money. We have been stupid enough to subsidize the rich and people such as yourself try justifying our tax money going to corpoate welfare.

Before we move forward we need to take a minute to figure out how we have ended up here. And the truth is. Everybody is sort of right. And everyone is sort of wrong.

Trump was elected because people in enough states agreed that the Status Quo was fucked. We knew there were problems not addressed by Washington. We knew there were issues with Departments doing things they shouldn’t. And we thought Trump saw this too. And let’s face it. Hillary was a terrible candidate.

Trump wasn't elected. The people said no.

Here's the reality of our two party system. The Republican gets between 45-51% no matter how awful the candidate is. The Democrat gets between 48 and 54% no matter how awful the candidate is. This is pretty much what we've been locked into since the 1990's.

because we have the Worst Idea of Slave Rapists who couldn't agree on stuff, we still have this anachronism where someone can be clearly rejected by the people and STILL get to be president.

The problem isn't the hard Core MAGAts, I doubt they are any more than 20% of the electorate. The problem is the "mitlaufers" who went along with it. Who hoped that he'd just put down the Twitter and play nice.

So what went wrong? A little truth does not mean every extension and extreme variation is true. And what was worse was Trump did nothing to fix any of the problems. His fanboys blamed the Deep State. Imaginary enemies. The real enemy of Trump was Trump.

No, the real enemy of America was the abject cowardice of the Republican Party.

It should have been clear that Trump was unfit for office from the start. The GOP could have stopped him in so many ways, but refused to. because even though your hard core base is just 20% of the electorate, that's more than enough to wipe out a guy in a safe R district if you primary him.

The fact only 10 Republicans had the courage to impeach him yesterday, shows how broken the system is. If you gave any one of these guys truth serum, they'd tell you straight up, they are happy Trump lost, they are happy he's gone and they hope he goes into oblivion.

My guess is Trump never expected to win, this was always just a branding exercise for him, but the reality is now his personal brand is garbage.

1. I think you refer to "Medicare for all", not expanded SS.
2. Healthcare needs to be paid for, its not free. More and better jobs with healthcare is the answer.

Hey, dummy, we already spend more than any other nation on health care, and we get the worst results.

No, "better jobs" is not going to fix the problem.

Covid should have been a big wake up call that when you link health care to employment, and then a bunch of people can't work anymore because of an epidemic, people are going to fall out.

2. Healthcare needs to be paid for, its not free. More and better jobs with healthcare is the answer.

Hey, dummy, we already spend more than any other nation on health care, and we get the worst results.

Covid should have been a big wake up call that when you link health care to employment, and then a bunch of people can't work anymore because of an epidemic, people are going to fall out.
1. Look at doctor salaries worldwide and you see why the US ranks so low. Other countries don't pay their doctors enough. Why become a doctor and go thru all the shit? If you like other countries healthcare better, move there. I also don't trust polls/studies, its probably fake news. If you believe the US government can run the healthcare system better you're the dummy. The government can't run anything.

2. Obamacare fucked the healthcare system up. Before Obamacare we paid for healthcare and got healthcare. Now we pay for healthcare AND pay up to $10,000 deductibles. Its legal extortion, paying for nothing. Repeal Obamacare.

We are here because people believe that both sides are the problem for everything when this is not the case. The far left does not control the democratic party, but the far right does control the republican party. Centrists in the party need to take the party back to the middle, but what we see today is the long awaited outcome of a movement on the rigt that begam in the 60's. And while most whites on both sides decided to ignore the obvious dog whistling, what we see today is as Malcolm said, "The chickens are coming home to roost."

Well yes there is a hell of a lot of control from the left over Democrats.

1. Look at doctor salaries worldwide and you see why the US ranks so low. Other countries don't pay their doctors enough. Why become a doctor and go thru all the shit? If you like other countries healthcare better, move there. I also don't trust polls/studies, its probably fake news. If you believe the US government can run the healthcare system better you're the dummy. The government can't run anything.

2. Obamacare fucked the healthcare system up. Before Obamacare we paid for healthcare and got healthcare. Now we pay for healthcare AND pay up to $10,000 deductibles. Its legal extortion, paying for nothing. Repeal Obamacare.

Some people paid for health care and got health care BUT that was coming to an end` even for many who had that.

Jobs that provided health care as a benefit were ending those benefits. Unfortunately Obamacare didn't fix that.

Some people paid for health care and got health care BUT that was coming to an end` even for many who had that.

Jobs that provided health care as a benefit were ending those benefits. Unfortunately Obamacare didn't fix that.
Q: was US healthcare better before Obamacare or after Obamacare?

Neither. Healthcare was and is still broke in the United States.

You don't have to be smart to make money.
No, but it sure helps

call it applied intelligence

super rich like soros, bill gates, or that little rodent at Facebook do not seem very intelligent outside of the empire they command,

but they did something right to get where they are today

and I dont think you are entitled to suck off their wealth like a leech

No dodges allowed. Which healthcare do you, pknopp, prefer, before Obamacare, or after Obamacare?

No dodges allowed. Which healthcare do you, pknopp, prefer, before Obamacare, or after Obamacare?

I answered the question. My answer was not a dodge. Health care in the United States is broke. It has been broke for a long time. Obamacare didn't fix that.

Mr racist, non whites are also doctors, engineers, innovators, Predisents, Vice presidents.
Color doesnt make you smarter or dumber, your brain does.
You’re wearing blinders

conservatives support legal immigration of people with skills

such as doctors, engineers and innovators

what we dont need are more shoeless peasants looking for government assistance
Aha? What about all the jobs that the fat privileged lazy Americans dont wanna do ?
You willing to get on your knees and pick fruits ?

Aha? What about all the jobs that the fat privileged lazy Americans dont wanna do ?
You willing to get on your knees and pick fruits ?
I dont think poor illiterate Americans are too good to pick fruit

do you?

A tax hike on the rich won't.
Soaking the rich does not work

witness all the taxable income that is fleeing california and new york

Soaking who? They'll still be rich. Funny that you mention California and New York as those two states specifically have the most billionaires in the country. On the economic scale you are half a step from being homeless compared to even coming close to the 1%.

Soaking who? They'll still be rich. Funny that you mention California and New York as those two states specifically have the most billionaires in the country. On the economic scale you are half a step from being homeless compared to even coming close to the 1%.

If you are only going to soak billionaires I think the surtax will be pretty steep

and if so they wont hang around very long

If you are only going to soak billionaires I think the surtax will be pretty steep

and if so they wont hang around very long

Says you, where is the evidence? I don't mean what a single person like self-centered Elon Musk but show me where billionaires run away from high taxed countries or states. I've already provided a link showing high taxed states have more billionaires than anywhere else in the country.

I don't mean what a single person like self-centered Elon Musk but show me where billionaires run away from high taxed countries or states.
If you make the tax code so complicated and with lots of loopholes you can give the illusion of soaking the rich without really doing so

in that case they will probably play along

but dont go too far or they will literally fly away

I don't mean what a single person like self-centered Elon Musk but show me where billionaires run away from high taxed countries or states.
If you make the tax code so complicated and with lots of loopholes you can give the illusion of soaking the rich without really doing so

in that case they will probably play along

but dont go too far or they will literally fly away

Then take away the loopholes. But are you now saying that California and New York taxes are low? Make up your mind.

Forum List

Back