How did Birth Control become a right?

Hmmmmmm. My insurance plan does. Perhaps your employer is a cheapskate. Mine Carries most all preventative tests too. If they don't then avoid them.

Ray's employer doesn't give him any insurance at all.

But Ray blames the black guy.

images.jpeg

Hmmmmmm. My insurance plan does. Perhaps your employer is a cheapskate. Mine Carries most all preventative tests too. If they don't then avoid them.

Ray's employer doesn't give him any insurance at all.

But Ray blames the black guy.

View attachment 154209

So you explained to her what a racist you are during that session, right?

No, I'll save that for you. It's another hangup you have that really needs to be addressed.

If unions didn't advance overpaying employees, then what did unions actually do?

You see, the problem is you work on the assumption that employees were "overpaid" when they got to live a middle class lifestyle.

Nope, the only people who are 'overpaid' are the CEO's.

Remember? I’m from this country. I’ve been in industry most of my adult life. Don’t tell me workers weren’t overpaid in the union days. It’s a wonder why we didn’t lose all those jobs many years ago. You don’t know what lazy is until you’ve made deliveries to a UAW run plant.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Union workers never got rich or retired wealthy
They did earn enough to buy a home, support a family, have health insurance, send their kids to college
What used to be known as the American Dream

If unions didn't advance overpaying employees, then what did unions actually do?

You see, the problem is you work on the assumption that employees were "overpaid" when they got to live a middle class lifestyle.

Remember? I’m from this country. I’ve been in industry most of my adult life. Don’t tell me workers weren’t overpaid in the union days. It’s a wonder why we didn’t lose all those jobs many years ago. You don’t know what lazy is until you’ve made deliveries to a UAW run plant.

They did earn enough to buy a home, support a family, have health insurance, send their kids to college

The American dream is alive and well for those that pursue it. But things are different today and you just can't walk into a business with no skills and no experience at anything and make a great living.

Back in the late 70's guys would ride around on a floor sweeping machine making 50K a year plus benefits. That's a job you can train a monkey to do.

The problem with unions is it gave many false hopes. It was a bubble that was bound to burst in the end. So when I was younger, nobody looked ahead and thought about an advanced education or learning a trade. You walked into the steel mills, the auto plants, UPS, and got a great job doing non-skilled labor. When the bottom fell out, middle-aged people found themselves with no job and no skills. It was too late to start over. Those people already had a house and kids--many whom were in college. In the end, they got screwed.

Is birth control a right? Nope
Is it the right thing to do? Yup

Should government stay out of the workings between employer and employee when it comes to benefits? Yep!
It would be nice if they could, employers don't want to be in the healthcare business

If only we had single payer

It doesn't matter what employers wanted or didn't want. It's none of the governments business.
Yes it is

The General Welfare of We the People is their business
In the absence of single payer insurance for all, we have instituted employer based insurance
Absolute stupidity

The American dream is alive and well for those that pursue it. But things are different today and you just can't walk into a business with no skills and no experience at anything and make a great living.

Back in the late 70's guys would ride around on a floor sweeping machine making 50K a year plus benefits. That's a job you can train a monkey to do.

The problem with unions is it gave many false hopes. It was a bubble that was bound to burst in the end. So when I was younger, nobody looked ahead and thought about an advanced education or learning a trade. You walked into the steel mills, the auto plants, UPS, and got a great job doing non-skilled labor. When the bottom fell out, middle-aged people found themselves with no job and no skills. It was too late to start over. Those people already had a house and kids--many whom were in college. In the end, they got screwed.
Unions fought for the rights of workers...all workers
Now employers use workers against themselves to minimize wages and benefits

Should government stay out of the workings between employer and employee when it comes to benefits? Yep!
It would be nice if they could, employers don't want to be in the healthcare business

It doesn't matter what employers wanted or didn't want. It's none of the governments business.
Yes it is

In the absence of single payer insurance for all, we have instituted employer based insurance
Absolute stupidity

It's been that way for many years. And please point out to me where in the Constitution the federal government is supposed to be in charge of healthcare. No, it's not the general welfare either.

Yes it is

Absolute stupidity

It's been that way for many years. And please point out to me where in the Constitution the federal government is supposed to be in charge of healthcare. No, it's not the general welfare either.

General Welfare of We the People

General Welfare as doing what is good for the people. A basic tenet of democracy

Yes it is

Absolute stupidity

General Welfare as doing what is good for the people. A basic tenet of democracy

Our tenet ever was . . . that Congress had not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but were restrained to those specifically enumerated; and that, as it was never meant that they should provide for that welfare but by the exercise of the enumerated powers, so it could not have been meant they should raise money for purposes which the enumeration did not place under their action.
James Madison

The guys who wrote the constitution thought that bleeding was a good treatment for strep throat.... do you really want to go to them for health care advice?

The guys who wrote the constitution thought that bleeding was a good treatment for strep throat.... do you really want to go to them for health care advice?

Do you really want to go to the federal government for healthcare advice?

Yes it is

Absolute stupidity

Our tenet ever was . . . that Congress had not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but were restrained to those specifically enumerated; and that, as it was never meant that they should provide for that welfare but by the exercise of the enumerated powers, so it could not have been meant they should raise money for purposes which the enumeration did not place under their action.
James Madison
Unfortunately, Madison only provides HIS interpretation

The courts are tasked with the official interpretation

Yes it is

Absolute stupidity

James Madison
Unfortunately, Madison only provides HIS interpretation

The courts are tasked with the official interpretation

His is more than an interpretation. He was an author.

Forum List

Back