How come there are over 40,000 christian denominations and more invented daily

Who, or what, gave the Catholic Church the authority to say what is an accurate translation of the Bible? Everything you just posted is totally inaccurate. Those Bibles they said were inaccurate did not contain the Apocrypha. That is why they were considered inaccurate. Protestants, as well as most other denominations do not consider them Scripture. And for good reason. And the Bible is not hard to understand. We have several translations that are accurate, but different. We have concordances, Bible dictionaries, as well as commentaries by respected theologians. We can even read it in the original languages it was written in. I don't need no stinking church to tell me what the Bible says. That is the sole province of the Holy Spirit. Your problem is that you place your trust in a church. I place my trust in my Creator. The Catholic Church has many traditions that are not Biblical. They bow down to idols, for Pete's sake! Don't say they don't. I've seen them do it. You do know that's forbidden in Scripture, right? They also pray for the dead. How silly is that? God does not hear those prayers. The Bible teaches that it is appointed unto a man once to die, then the Judgement. Praying for the dead is just one of the many false teaching of the Catholic Church. Now, about the historical record. There is no doubt that the Catholic Church tortured and killed many people. Many of them Christians. Can you deny this? Your lame attempt to claim that it wasn't as bad as people think is rather pathetic. What difference if it's millions, or hundreds of thousands, or even a single individual? Those people were tortured and killed by order of freakin church. That is not the fruit of the Holy Spirit. It is not what Jesus taught. Therefore, it is of the Devil. Can you deny this? The Catholic Church is corrupt and evil. It is the spawn of Satan. Nothing you say will change that. I'm not saying that all Catholics are evil. I think they have been deluded. I pray for them. But the Church leadership, all the way up to the pope, are beholden to the Devil.

As Grandpa used to say, "Simmer down a minute."

The Catholic Church was the "Consumer Advocate" of the proper interpretation of scripture BEFORE Luther and the Protestant Reformation. If you think any money-grubbing entrepreneur of the time should be able to foist off bad translations of scripture to the unsuspecting public of the time, then that's one opinion. Capitalism, Consumerism, and Let the Buyer Beware are all valid points. Equally as valid were the theologians of the time decrying poor translations and telling the buyers to beware.

Now we can take a take a look at Protestants and the Apocrypha issues entering the scene. Luther saw that books of the Apocrypha were no longer part of Jewish Scriptures (the Jews revising their Canon about a hundred years after the death of Christ) and Luther moved these books to the back of the Bible. However, another enterprising entrepreneur, to save money and make a profit for himself, removed these books altogether--and presto, the Protestant Bible no longer included the books at all. Catholic Bibles retained these books as they were part of Jewish Scripture at the time of Christ and the Apostles. What was then there, is included today...for Catholics.

Look up the deaths and persecutions for which Protestants need to take responsibility. I've already looked into the ones the Catholic Church takes responsibility for--and know the non-exaggerated truth. I'm not dismissing facts, I'm pointing out the exaggeration of facts. No exaggeration is needed, or do you disagree on this point?

If you think the Holy Spirit gives you an accurate interpretation of a Bible passage, and then gives the person sitting into the pew next to you, a second, entirely opposing interpretations, that's your prerogative. Catholic believe the Holy Spirit gave the Apostles one interpretation for all. This Apostolic teaching/interpretation/revelation by the Holy Spirit, has been passed down to all Catholics. That manner of teaching is our prerogative.
The Catholic Church was the distorter of the Bible and only told people fragments to manipulate the population. Luther came along and put the Bible in the common language for all to read and the Catholics started a war of murder and terrorism because of it.

The Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary estimated 34,000 denominations in 2000, rising to an estimated 43,000 in 2012. These numbers have exploded from 1,600 in the year 1900.

so which one is the one "true" church?
The Rulers Use Many Different Opiates on the Masses

The Bible is vague and inconsistent, just like its political substitute, the Constitution, which power-hungry ideologues can interpret in many different ways and make as much sense as other spin doctors do.
Really? Give me one example of how the Bible vague or inconsistent.
Jesus was supposed to be born in the House of David, yet Joseph wasn't his father. Also, his name was supposed to be Emmanuel.

Really? When did the Christian faith begin? I believe it was shortly after the death and Resurrection of Christ. So it was around centuries before the RC. Catholicism is not original. It has no authority whatsoever.

Christianity did begin with Christ. The Christian faith quickly became known as "catholic" which meant open and welcoming towards all. (As a contrasting example, there were certain criteria that needed to be followed for one to be a full-fledged member of the Jewish faith.) Fifteen hundred years later, Protestants--in an effort to differentiate their churches from the Catholic Church--simply stuck with Christian, pretty much a distinction without a difference, because these Christians churches consider themselves open/welcoming, just as the first catholic communities considered their churches--and the Catholic Church still does.

Recently, some Protestant churches hope by throwing "Constantine" at the Catholic Church, Protestants will believe that the Catholic Church was not the Church that can be traced back to the Apostles, but only to Constantine. This is wrong, of course, and it can be verified, but some Protestants are fine with deceiving themselves (or their followers) about the recent Constantine myth. Shrug. Some mud will stick, but as always, the truth will always shine forth.
One thing you fail to understand. Organized religion is not the Church. It is composed of the body of believers in Christ. There are many traditions in the Catholic Church that are not in agreement with Scripture. If I had my way, there would be no Christian denominations. The Catholic Church is responsible for more human suffering than any other entity in human history. That tells me it is not of God. I could give countless examples, but my time is valuable. Look it up. Educate yourself.
What kind of God would allow it to sin in His Name?

The Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary estimated 34,000 denominations in 2000, rising to an estimated 43,000 in 2012. These numbers have exploded from 1,600 in the year 1900.

The Bible is vague and inconsistent, just like its political substitute, the Constitution, which power-hungry ideologues can interpret in many different ways and make as much sense as other spin doctors do.
Jesus was supposed to be born in the House of David, yet Joseph wasn't his father. Also, his name was supposed to be Emmanuel.
Your ignorance is showing again. The Jews traced their lineage from the mothers side. And Mary was a descendant of the House of David. Joseph was not His father, even though he was also a descendant of David. One thing you may not know is that one of Josephs ancestors had sinned against God, and God declared that the Savior would not come through any of his descendants. And that is exactly what happened. And Jesus has many names. Do a little research about something before you comment in ignorance. You'll look less foolish.

Really? When did the Christian faith begin? I believe it was shortly after the death and Resurrection of Christ. So it was around centuries before the RC. Catholicism is not original. It has no authority whatsoever.

Christianity did begin with Christ. The Christian faith quickly became known as "catholic" which meant open and welcoming towards all. (As a contrasting example, there were certain criteria that needed to be followed for one to be a full-fledged member of the Jewish faith.) Fifteen hundred years later, Protestants--in an effort to differentiate their churches from the Catholic Church--simply stuck with Christian, pretty much a distinction without a difference, because these Christians churches consider themselves open/welcoming, just as the first catholic communities considered their churches--and the Catholic Church still does.

Recently, some Protestant churches hope by throwing "Constantine" at the Catholic Church, Protestants will believe that the Catholic Church was not the Church that can be traced back to the Apostles, but only to Constantine. This is wrong, of course, and it can be verified, but some Protestants are fine with deceiving themselves (or their followers) about the recent Constantine myth. Shrug. Some mud will stick, but as always, the truth will always shine forth.
One thing you fail to understand. Organized religion is not the Church. It is composed of the body of believers in Christ. There are many traditions in the Catholic Church that are not in agreement with Scripture. If I had my way, there would be no Christian denominations. The Catholic Church is responsible for more human suffering than any other entity in human history. That tells me it is not of God. I could give countless examples, but my time is valuable. Look it up. Educate yourself.
What kind of God would allow it to sin in His Name?
Because He gave everyone a little something called free will. You might have heard of it.

Who, or what, gave the Catholic Church the authority to say what is an accurate translation of the Bible? Everything you just posted is totally inaccurate. Those Bibles they said were inaccurate did not contain the Apocrypha. That is why they were considered inaccurate. Protestants, as well as most other denominations do not consider them Scripture. And for good reason. And the Bible is not hard to understand. We have several translations that are accurate, but different. We have concordances, Bible dictionaries, as well as commentaries by respected theologians. We can even read it in the original languages it was written in. I don't need no stinking church to tell me what the Bible says. That is the sole province of the Holy Spirit. Your problem is that you place your trust in a church. I place my trust in my Creator. The Catholic Church has many traditions that are not Biblical. They bow down to idols, for Pete's sake! Don't say they don't. I've seen them do it. You do know that's forbidden in Scripture, right? They also pray for the dead. How silly is that? God does not hear those prayers. The Bible teaches that it is appointed unto a man once to die, then the Judgement. Praying for the dead is just one of the many false teaching of the Catholic Church. Now, about the historical record. There is no doubt that the Catholic Church tortured and killed many people. Many of them Christians. Can you deny this? Your lame attempt to claim that it wasn't as bad as people think is rather pathetic. What difference if it's millions, or hundreds of thousands, or even a single individual? Those people were tortured and killed by order of freakin church. That is not the fruit of the Holy Spirit. It is not what Jesus taught. Therefore, it is of the Devil. Can you deny this? The Catholic Church is corrupt and evil. It is the spawn of Satan. Nothing you say will change that. I'm not saying that all Catholics are evil. I think they have been deluded. I pray for them. But the Church leadership, all the way up to the pope, are beholden to the Devil.

The Catholic Church was the "Consumer Advocate" of the proper interpretation of scripture BEFORE Luther and the Protestant Reformation. If you think any money-grubbing entrepreneur of the time should be able to foist off bad translations of scripture to the unsuspecting public of the time, then that's one opinion. Capitalism, Consumerism, and Let the Buyer Beware are all valid points. Equally as valid were the theologians of the time decrying poor translations and telling the buyers to beware.

Now we can take a take a look at Protestants and the Apocrypha issues entering the scene. Luther saw that books of the Apocrypha were no longer part of Jewish Scriptures (the Jews revising their Canon about a hundred years after the death of Christ) and Luther moved these books to the back of the Bible. However, another enterprising entrepreneur, to save money and make a profit for himself, removed these books altogether--and presto, the Protestant Bible no longer included the books at all. Catholic Bibles retained these books as they were part of Jewish Scripture at the time of Christ and the Apostles. What was then there, is included today...for Catholics.

Look up the deaths and persecutions for which Protestants need to take responsibility. I've already looked into the ones the Catholic Church takes responsibility for--and know the non-exaggerated truth. I'm not dismissing facts, I'm pointing out the exaggeration of facts. No exaggeration is needed, or do you disagree on this point?

If you think the Holy Spirit gives you an accurate interpretation of a Bible passage, and then gives the person sitting into the pew next to you, a second, entirely opposing interpretations, that's your prerogative. Catholic believe the Holy Spirit gave the Apostles one interpretation for all. This Apostolic teaching/interpretation/revelation by the Holy Spirit, has been passed down to all Catholics. That manner of teaching is our prerogative.
The Catholic Church was the distorter of the Bible and only told people fragments to manipulate the population. Luther came along and put the Bible in the common language for all to read and the Catholics started a war of murder and terrorism because of it.

Luther liked what Paul was saying, faith only, and well yes it was wrong to pay for those souls in purgatory, and well Luther wanted to get married to so he has a problem with that.

RC believe in good works, when the Baptist come to my door and tell me "all I need to do is accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and I will be saved", well lets just say they don't come around any more.

Luther liked what Paul was saying, faith only, and well yes it was wrong to pay for those souls in purgatory, and well Luther wanted to get married to so he has a problem with that.

RC believe in good works, when the Baptist come to my door and tell me "all I need to do is accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and I will be saved", well lets just say they don't come around any more.
Are you claiming that good works are required for salvation?

This is just plain silly. Luther had nothing to do with putting the Bible in common language. That was already being done. Luther later added his own rendition. No war was started over it.

Your ignorance is showing again. The Jews traced their lineage from the mothers side. And Mary was a descendant of the House of David. Joseph was not His father, even though he was also a descendant of David. One thing you may not know is that one of Josephs ancestors had sinned against God, and God declared that the Savior would not come through any of his descendants. And that is exactly what happened. And Jesus has many names. Do a little research about something before you comment in ignorance. You'll look less foolish.

And now who was David's mom, in sin he was conceived. If we go by the story, many of Jacobs sons married Canaanite women. David committed adultery with a married woman and then sent her husband to the front line so he'd get killed, yet he is so worshipped. Now Joseph should be the one who is looked up to, the best man in the OT, not David. The bible is very inconsistent.

Why yes I am. By good works I mean treating your fellow man good, and giving and sharing. Do no harm to anyone. I do not mean go to daily mass, confession or praying the rosary. I'd like to add the Clinton Foundation did many good works.

Why yes I am. By good works I mean treating your fellow man good, and giving and sharing. Do no harm to anyone. I do not mean go to daily mass, confession or praying the rosary. I'd like to add the Clinton Foundation did many good works.
Most Catholics have no concept as to what the Bible says. Anti-Semetic Penelope being one of them.

Most Catholics have no concept as to what the Bible says. Anti-Semetic Penelope being one of them.

I'm not most Catholics, but I do agree, and most Protestants do not as well or they have a very warped view of content.

I'm not most Catholics, but I do agree, and most Protestants do not as well or they have a very warped view of content.
Yeah, you claiming works saves you pretty much sums up your knowledge of the Word of God

Luther Was Trotsky, Calvin Was Mao

Blaming the Popes for changing Christianity is so much like Communists claiming that Stalin perverted their own substitute for religion.

Andra Moi Ennepe. Tell Me About a Man.

Penelope in The Odyssey, her husband Ulysses (Odysseus), and her son Telemachus are the real mythical figures we should look up to.

Luther Was Trotsky, Calvin Was Mao

Blaming the Popes for changing Christianity is so much like Communists claiming that Stalin perverted their own substitute for religion.
What was your handle before they deleted your last account for spamming?

Do you believe what the Bible says?

"For by GRACE you are saved through FAITH, and this not of yourselves; it is the GIFT of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Read that very carefully. Notice how it says that Salvation is a GIFT. It is not something that can be earned. Jesus either paid the price for sin, or He didn't. If you say that He didn't, then you are negating the sacrifice that He made. You are saying that what Jesus did on the Cross is not enough for salvation. That we must somehow earn it. Preposterous!

The good works you mention are not required for salvation. They are simply a manifestation of the Holy Spirit in our lives. If one is a child of God, then they will do good works. That is what the verse really means.

Do you believe what the Bible says?

"For by GRACE you are saved through FAITH, and this not of yourselves; it is the GIFT of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Read that very carefully. Notice how it says that Salvation is a GIFT. It is not something that can be earned. Jesus either paid the price for sin, or He didn't. If you say that He didn't, then you are negating the sacrifice that He made. You are saying that what Jesus did on the Cross is not enough for salvation.

The good works you mention are not required for salvation. They are simply a manifestation of the Holy Spirit in our lives. If one is a child of God, then they will do good works. That is what the verse really means.
You can quote Scripture all day to these catholic lemmings. Unless their master in the funny hat tells them to follow Scripture they will continue to do the opposite of what the Bible says.

Forum List

Back