How come there are over 40,000 christian denominations and more invented daily

The Catholic Church was the distorter of the Bible and only told people fragments to manipulate the population. Luther came along and put the Bible in the common language for all to read and the Catholics started a war of murder and terrorism because of it.

Luther liked what Paul was saying, faith only, and well yes it was wrong to pay for those souls in purgatory, and well Luther wanted to get married to so he has a problem with that.

RC believe in good works, when the Baptist come to my door and tell me "all I need to do is accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and I will be saved", well lets just say they don't come around any more.
Are you claiming that good works are required for salvation?

Why yes I am. By good works I mean treating your fellow man good, and giving and sharing. Do no harm to anyone. I do not mean go to daily mass, confession or praying the rosary. I'd like to add the Clinton Foundation did many good works.
Do you believe what the Bible says?

"For by GRACE you are saved through FAITH, and this not of yourselves; it is the GIFT of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Read that very carefully. Notice how it says that Salvation is a GIFT. It is not something that can be earned. Jesus either paid the price for sin, or He didn't. If you say that He didn't, then you are negating the sacrifice that He made. You are saying that what Jesus did on the Cross is not enough for salvation.

The good works you mention are not required for salvation. They are simply a manifestation of the Holy Spirit in our lives. If one is a child of God, then they will do good works. That is what the verse really means.
You can quote Scripture all day to these catholic lemmings. Unless their master in the funny hat tells them to follow Scripture they will continue to do the opposite of what the Bible says.
Be nice. We shouldn't denigrate them. We should reach out in love and compassion. To my everlasting shame, I don't always do this. Anyway, no amount of persuasion will ever change a hardened heart. The Holy Spirit is the only one who can do that.

As Grandpa used to say, "Simmer down a minute."

The Catholic Church was the "Consumer Advocate" of the proper interpretation of scripture BEFORE Luther and the Protestant Reformation. If you think any money-grubbing entrepreneur of the time should be able to foist off bad translations of scripture to the unsuspecting public of the time, then that's one opinion. Capitalism, Consumerism, and Let the Buyer Beware are all valid points. Equally as valid were the theologians of the time decrying poor translations and telling the buyers to beware.

Now we can take a take a look at Protestants and the Apocrypha issues entering the scene. Luther saw that books of the Apocrypha were no longer part of Jewish Scriptures (the Jews revising their Canon about a hundred years after the death of Christ) and Luther moved these books to the back of the Bible. However, another enterprising entrepreneur, to save money and make a profit for himself, removed these books altogether--and presto, the Protestant Bible no longer included the books at all. Catholic Bibles retained these books as they were part of Jewish Scripture at the time of Christ and the Apostles. What was then there, is included today...for Catholics.

Look up the deaths and persecutions for which Protestants need to take responsibility. I've already looked into the ones the Catholic Church takes responsibility for--and know the non-exaggerated truth. I'm not dismissing facts, I'm pointing out the exaggeration of facts. No exaggeration is needed, or do you disagree on this point?

If you think the Holy Spirit gives you an accurate interpretation of a Bible passage, and then gives the person sitting into the pew next to you, a second, entirely opposing interpretations, that's your prerogative. Catholic believe the Holy Spirit gave the Apostles one interpretation for all. This Apostolic teaching/interpretation/revelation by the Holy Spirit, has been passed down to all Catholics. That manner of teaching is our prerogative.
The Catholic Church was the distorter of the Bible and only told people fragments to manipulate the population. Luther came along and put the Bible in the common language for all to read and the Catholics started a war of murder and terrorism because of it.

Luther liked what Paul was saying, faith only, and well yes it was wrong to pay for those souls in purgatory, and well Luther wanted to get married to so he has a problem with that.

RC believe in good works, when the Baptist come to my door and tell me "all I need to do is accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and I will be saved", well lets just say they don't come around any more.

Why yes I am. By good works I mean treating your fellow man good, and giving and sharing. Do no harm to anyone. I do not mean go to daily mass, confession or praying the rosary. I'd like to add the Clinton Foundation did many good works.

"For by GRACE you are saved through FAITH, and this not of yourselves; it is the GIFT of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Read that very carefully. Notice how it says that Salvation is a GIFT. It is not something that can be earned. Jesus either paid the price for sin, or He didn't. If you say that He didn't, then you are negating the sacrifice that He made. You are saying that what Jesus did on the Cross is not enough for salvation. That we must somehow earn it. Preposterous!

The good works you mention are not required for salvation. They are simply a manifestation of the Holy Spirit in our lives. If one is a child of God, then they will do good works. That is what the verse really means.

I'm not real big on Paul. No I do not believe in the virgin birth, ISA 7:14 is not about the virgin birth, but one can look at it as the birth of a new religion, so in that aspect I believe in the virgin birth, and no I do not believe Jesus the man was God, but only in Spirit, he has the spirit of God in him, but then again, I believe Jesus was Titus and vice versa, so yes when Vespasian said this is my son whom I am well pleased, he meant it, and when Vespasian's went back to Rome he left Titus to finish the job, after all Titus was much like his Father, same blood, great general. You must understand in the early first century there was a civil war among the jews going on and the zealots against the greeks. Vespasian and Titus were both saviors, same as King Cyrus.

Read that very carefully. Notice how it says that Salvation is a GIFT. It is not something that can be earned. Jesus either paid the price for sin, or He didn't. If you say that He didn't, then you are negating the sacrifice that He made. You are saying that what Jesus did on the Cross is not enough for salvation.

You can quote Scripture all day to these catholic lemmings. Unless their master in the funny hat tells them to follow Scripture they will continue to do the opposite of what the Bible says.

At least we have the right ingredients for the last supper or pretend to relive it. What do you do , sit and listen to a sermon all day? or for what 1-2 hours.

Be nice. We shouldn't denigrate them. We should reach out in love and compassion. To my everlasting shame, I don't always do this. Anyway, no amount of persuasion will ever change a hardened heart. The Holy Spirit is the only one who can do that.
I've already tried to reason with those Meriwether and Penelope creatures. There comes a point when tables must be tossed to rid the Holy of vermin.

At least we have the right ingredients for the last supper or pretend to relive it. What do you do , sit and listen to a sermon all day? or for what 1-2 hours.
I'm guessing that you also believe that the Eucharist is magically transformed into the body and blood of Christ. You catholics sure have some pretty strange ideas. There is no Scripture to support such a view.

Ask Penelope what she thinks of Jews.
For some real fun go over to the Israel forum and see her posts.

I'm guessing that you also believe that the Eucharist is magically transformed into the body and blood of Christ. You catholics sure have some pretty strange ideas. There is no Scripture to support such a view.
Oh, but you see Scripture is irrelevant to catholics. The guys in the funny hats are there to tell them what to believe. You know, like calling them father and giving them money to get your dearly departed out of purgatory faster.

Oh, but you see Scripture is irrelevant to catholics. The guys in the funny hats are there to tell them what to believe. You know, like calling them father and giving them money to get your dearly departed out of purgatory faster.

Transubstantiation, I mean that is what Jesus said, eat my flesh and drink my blood and yet that is the only part you think just can't be, but yet you believe in the virgin birth. No I do not believe in it , except as a spiritual meal, but due to the bacteria Serratia marcescens and the hosts were not water proof, many did show a red color due to the bacteria, so many did truly believe in transubstantiation.

What do you do pass around crackers and grape juice, at least we do it with some dignity. Most of us know we are not being cannibals, but having a spiritual communion meal.

Read that very carefully. Notice how it says that Salvation is a GIFT. It is not something that can be earned. Jesus either paid the price for sin, or He didn't. If you say that He didn't, then you are negating the sacrifice that He made. You are saying that what Jesus did on the Cross is not enough for salvation. That we must somehow earn it. Preposterous!

Once more, What do you mean when you say, "Saved?"

One of the problems Protestants have is that they actually think they are arguing with someone on whether or not salvation is a gift. What is salvation in the Protestant view?

In Catholic thought, salvation is not a final destination, it is a way of life--The Way. It is the Kingdom of God--a gift which is in everyone's reach. When one enters into salvation, one doesn't sit down and twiddle his/her thumbs. We live salvation which means acting in the most loving and the most just manner possible.

Catholic life is centered around The Way Jesus lived his life: Baptism, repentance/forgiveness of sins, the Last Supper, the Holy Spirit, healing the sick, anointing/appointing Apostles to teach and train so that they may do as he did. Christ taught marriage the way God intended marriage to be. He taught discerning God's will and following it in love. This is The Way Jesus and the Apostles taught. This is The Way of Salvation Catholics follow, because it is The Way of Eternal Life.

Protestants, on the other hand, often seem to paint salvation as a heavenly afterlife, a gift in the next life from God because at a specific moment in time in this life, they declared they believed in Jesus as savior. Ha-ha, no works, no living as Jesus taught--just say the words and your spot in heaven is reserved and guaranteed. If that is all Jesus--and salvation--is to you, fine. But don't expect for Catholics to reduce Jesus--and salvation--to this narrow point of view.

One of the problems Protestants have is that they actually think they are arguing with someone on whether or not salvation is a gift. What is salvation in the Protestant view?

In Catholic thought, salvation is not a final destination, it is a way of life--The Way. It is the Kingdom of God--a gift which is in everyone's reach. When one enters into salvation, one doesn't sit down and twiddle his/her thumbs. We live salvation which means acting in the most loving and the most just manner possible.

Catholic life is centered around The Way Jesus lived his life: Baptism, repentance/forgiveness of sins, the Last Supper, the Holy Spirit, healing the sick, anointing/appointing Apostles to teach and train so that they may do as he did. Christ taught marriage the way God intended marriage to be. He taught discerning God's will and following it in love. This is The Way Jesus and the Apostles taught. This is The Way of Salvation Catholics follow, because it is The Way of Eternal Life.

Protestants, on the other hand, often seem to paint salvation as a heavenly afterlife, a gift in the next life from God because at a specific moment in time in this life, they declared they believed in Jesus as savior. Ha-ha, no works, no living as Jesus taught--just say the words and your spot in heaven is reserved and guaranteed. If that is all Jesus--and salvation--is to you, fine. But don't expect for Catholics to reduce Jesus--and salvation--to this narrow point of view.
Here's some more Scripture for you.

Romans 10:9King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

There it is in black and white. "Thou shalt be saved" It doesn't say that thou shalt embark on the road to Salvation. It says thou shalt be saved. What part of that don't you understand? Salvation is something that takes place in an instant. It is not something we earn. The Bible tells us that the moment we accept Christ, he gives us Gods Holy Spirit. We are new creations. The old life has passed away, and we enter into a personal relationship with our Creator. I feel sorry for those who cannot accept that Jesus paid the price for our sin. It is a free gift, not to be earned. Remember the thief on the cross? He accepted Christ as his Savior. Jesus said that he would be with Him in paradise that very day. No works. No baptism. Nothing else. He accepted the gift of salvation and entered into eternal life.

There she goes again, oblivious as to the word of God as catholics are. If you quote Scripture to a catholic you get a blank stare.

Here's some more Scripture for you.

Romans 10:9King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

There it is in black and white. "Thou shalt be saved" It doesn't say that thou shalt embark on the road to Salvation. It says thou shalt be saved. What part of that don't you understand? Salvation is something that takes place in an instant. It is not something we earn. The Bible tells us that the moment we accept Christ, he gives us Gods Holy Spirit. We are new creations. The old life has passed away, and we enter into a personal relationship with our Creator. I feel sorry for those who cannot accept that Jesus paid the price for our sin. It is a free gift, not to be earned. Remember the thief on the cross? He accepted Christ as his Savior. Jesus said that he would be with Him in paradise that very day. No works. No baptism. Nothing else. He accepted the gift of salvation and entered into eternal life.
Yep, the guy on the cross next to Jesus went to paradise because he became a believer hanging up there with Jesus.
But to catholics he was not saved because the guy in the funny hat says he needs to pay cash and work hard to get to heaven.

Transubstantiation, I mean that is what Jesus said, eat my flesh and drink my blood and yet that is the only part you think just can't be, but yet you believe in the virgin birth. No I do not believe in it , except as a spiritual meal, but due to the bacteria Serratia marcescens and the hosts were not water proof, many did show a red color due to the bacteria, so many did truly believe in transubstantiation.

What do you do pass around crackers and grape juice, at least we do it with some dignity. Most of us know we are not being cannibals, but having a spiritual communion meal.

On Oct 31, 1517 Luther nailed his 95 thesis to the church door and billions of people became Christians that would not have otherwise.

What is meant by salvation? Salvation is life, not an afterlife. It is not something that takes place in an instant and then put aside or even forgotten. No one is arguing over whether or not Christ paid a price. What everyone should agree on is that we enter into new life. If you say this new life is no more than the twiddling of thumbs as we wait for an afterlife, that is your prerogative. For Catholics, it is much more animated than twiddling and waiting.

The thief, by his words and actions, entered into the gift of salvation. If this were not so, would Jesus have responded as he did? Like the workers who came late to the vineyard, he received the same reward as those who were there earlier. Keep in mind in that story, no one who entered the vineyard with the last group, sat down and took their leisure and then waited for a day's wages.

What is meant by salvation? Salvation is life, not an afterlife. It is not something that takes place in an instant and then put aside or even forgotten. No one is arguing over whether or not Christ paid a price. What everyone should agree on is that we enter into new life. If you say this new life is no more than the twiddling of thumbs as we wait for an afterlife, that is your prerogative. For Catholics, it is much more animated than twiddling and waiting.

The thief, by his words and actions, entered into the gift of salvation. If this were not so, would Jesus have responded as he did? Like the workers who came late to the vineyard, he received the same reward as those who were there earlier. Keep in mind in that story, no one who entered the vineyard with the last group, sat down and took their leisure and then waited for a day's wages.
Yet another display that Catholics have no understanding of Scripture.

You sure do have a poor opinion of Catholics, brother.

Well earned opinion.

Not all Catholics, I think. Just the leadership of the Church, who are leading others astray.

Forum List

Back