How come there are over 40,000 christian denominations and more invented daily

One thing you fail to understand. Organized religion is not the Church. It is composed of the body of believers in Christ. There are many traditions in the Catholic Church that are not in agreement with Scripture. If I had my way, there would be no Christian denominations. The Catholic Church is responsible for more human suffering than any other entity in human history. That tells me it is not of God. I could give countless examples, but my time is valuable. Look it up. Educate yourself.

I have many years of study and fact checking under my belt. I would suggest you do some fact checking, but have already concluded you are happy and content with factoid statements. Just keep in mind that actual history is much more fascinating.
I guess we'll just have to disagree on this. I do know my history. I know the atrocities that the Catholic Church has committed. I know how it persecuted Christians. I know how Catholic Priests have molested children, and forced women to have sex with them by threatening to hand them over to the inquisition. I could go on and on. The Catholic Church has too much innocent blood on it's hands to be anything other than a lie, perpetrated by the Devil. I don't need religion. I have Gods word. That's all I need.

No you know what you have been told. The RCC did more good than bad. They also fought the Crusades , where were the Protestants when one needed them , not there. You have been propaganda by the Protestants haters. The pedophiles were not as plentiful as they let on, and at first Priests were allowed to be married, and no they didn't torture women in the inquisitions.

Our precious Savior never ordered anyone to be slaughtered for any reason, especially for hardness of heart against His message, nor for disagreeing with Him on spiritual matters. But -- and this is a very big 'but' -- pagans regularly move to slaughter their opponents, usually with great relish and hardness of heart. In such slaughters, murder is not enough; rather, before the victim dies, pagans absolutely relish inflicting maximum pain upon their victims. White and Black Magick practitioners believe that the pain inflicted before death transfers great occult power to them, so they try to draw out a person's death as long as possible, inflicting the greatest amount of pain possible before death comes. Skilled Inquisition executioners would bring a victim to the point of death many times, only to stop the torture so the victim could revive, so they could be tortured again.

Therefore, the monstrosity of the Inquisition stands before mankind as the ultimate evidence of the inherent Satanism of the Roman Catholic Church. For those who have the courage to examine this ultimate "rotten fruit", they will see the truth of the Catholic Church. And do not think Rome has changed, for the Bible tells us that a Leopard does not change its spots [Jeremiah 13:23], and Rome is always bragging that she never changes. A concrete proof of this fact is that Pope Paul VI (1963-1978) restored the Office of the Inquisition, renamed today as the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith ["Lives of the Popes", by Richard P. McBrien, HarperSanFrancisco, 1997, p. 282, 354]. Today, this nefarious Office of the Inquisition is headed by Cardinal Ratzinger.

Why would Pope Paul VI reinstate the Office of the Inquisition unless he knew it would soon be needed again? With all prophecies of the appearance of Antichrist coming true together, just as Jesus mandated [Matthew 24:32-34], the time must have appeared right for Paul VI to reinstate this bloody office, for even though the original Inquisition killed tens of millions in 1,200 years, prophecy tells us that the False Prophet will kill billions in 3 1/2 years! Since the Roman Catholic Pope was chosen as the future False Prophet [Read NEWS1052 and NEWS1285], it makes sense that the Office of Inquisition be reinstated.

One thing you fail to understand. Organized religion is not the Church. It is composed of the body of believers in Christ. There are many traditions in the Catholic Church that are not in agreement with Scripture. If I had my way, there would be no Christian denominations. The Catholic Church is responsible for more human suffering than any other entity in human history. That tells me it is not of God. I could give countless examples, but my time is valuable. Look it up. Educate yourself.

I have many years of study and fact checking under my belt. I would suggest you do some fact checking, but have already concluded you are happy and content with factoid statements. Just keep in mind that actual history is much more fascinating.
I guess we'll just have to disagree on this. I do know my history. I know the atrocities that the Catholic Church has committed. I know how it persecuted Christians. I know how Catholic Priests have molested children, and forced women to have sex with them by threatening to hand them over to the inquisition. I could go on and on. The Catholic Church has too much innocent blood on it's hands to be anything other than a lie, perpetrated by the Devil. I don't need religion. I have Gods word. That's all I need.

The word was given to you by Rome, like it or not.
The word was given to us by God. The books of the Bible were agreed upon long before the council of Nicaea. Rome gave us nothing.

The first obstacle to overcome is to distinguish between acts committed by individual Catholics--and those which were actions/directions by the Church. For example, according to statistics, it can be shown that for every three priests who were pedophiles, there were ninety-seven who were not. Jesus chose Twelve Apostles. One, (one-twelfth or eight percent). There have been a fewer percentage of Catholic priests found guilty of pedophilia than the percentage of the overall population.

I could also go on and on, but I'm certain my point is understood. Your particular Christian denomination would fare no better than Catholicism, Judaism, Buddhism, atheism, etc. This is unfortunate for all.
Really? Where did these 'statistics' come from, and why should I believe that they are accurate? This was a long time ago, and records are not exactly plentiful. There is also the very real probability that these statistics reveal only the ones who were caught.

Really? Where did these 'statistics' come from, and why should I believe that they are accurate? This was a long time ago, and records are not exactly plentiful. There is also the very real probability that these statistics reveal only the ones who were caught.

These statistics are not hidden. As you rightly point out, they can only be statistics to the point history provides them...which brings us to the point that many statistics about the Inquisition were manufactured much later. Go back to the actual history. Actual history tells a much different story. You might also be interested in actual statistics of Protestant persecutions against others.

These statistics are not hidden. As you rightly point out, they can only be statistics to the point history provides them...which brings us to the point that many statistics about the Inquisition were manufactured much later. Go back to the actual history. Actual history tells a much different story. You might also be interested in actual statistics of Protestant persecutions against others.
Even if you are correct, it does not change the fact that such persecution is contrary to what Jesus taught. Everything about the Christian faith must be based on Scripture. Denominations are irrelevant. The only thing that matters is Gods word. It is not open to interpretation. I don't belong to any denomination. The world might be a better place if everyone followed my example.

The word was given to us by God. The books of the Bible were agreed upon long before the council of Nicaea. Rome gave us nothing.

No the bible did not fall from heaven into Rome's hands. The NT was wrote in the later half of the first century.

No the bible did not fall from heaven into Rome's hands. The NT was wrote in the later half of the first century.
Which places it within living memory of those who were alive during Christ' earthly ministry. The canon of Scripture was established long before the council of Nicaea.

I thought Catholics were the first Christians. Constantine and all that.

But I don't pay much attention to ancient history so, uh --

Do you validate for parking and can you do something about the freaks who came to my door yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you are correct, it does not change the fact that such persecution is contrary to what Jesus taught. Everything about the Christian faith must be based on Scripture. Denominations are irrelevant. The only thing that matters is Gods word. It is not open to interpretation. I don't belong to any denomination. The world might be a better place if everyone followed my example.

No one is--or has been--arguing for persecution.

No one is--or has been--arguing for persecution.
That's funny. Isn't that what the Catholic Church was doing? And please explain why the Pope made it a capital offense for someone to own a Bible. And why was the office of the Inquisition reinstated? They call it something else now, but it's the same thing. Why would they do this, if they did not feel that it would be used at some future date? You can place your faith in the Church, if you like. I place my faith in Gods word.

The EO and RC Church are the original ones, the rest are branches off the tree.
The RC is not in any way original. It was created by Emperor Constantine, and included Pagan practices. It is a perversion of the original Christian religion.

RC was copied from other, older religions, Pagan religions being the oldest, original religion. Although I studied religions at university, I'm certainly no authority. But it's obvious that Christians take want they want and need and throw the rest away. Additionally, the Bible is a very watered down version of the fictional tales of 2000 years ago.

Seems to me it's a lot of noise and signifies nothing much beyond the human need for meaning in their own existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Which places it within living memory of those who were alive during Christ' earthly ministry. The canon of Scripture was established long before the council of Nicaea.

Later part of the first century. According to Scripture Jesus the Christ was crucified in 30 or 33 AD.

Later part of the first century. According to Scripture Jesus the Christ was crucified in 30 or 33 AD.
Well, I'm no Biblical Scholar. All I can do is read what others say about it, then compare it to Scripture. But there is usually a consensus on these things.

That's funny. Isn't that what the Catholic Church was doing? And please explain why the Pope made it a capital offense for someone to own a Bible. And why was the office of the Inquisition reinstated? They call it something else now, but it's the same thing. Why would they do this, if they did not feel that it would be used at some future date? You can place your faith in the Church, if you like. I place my faith in Gods word.

The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith is the office you reference. The difference between Catholics and Protestants is that Catholics have ever been faithful in keeping with the doctrines, teachings, and interpretations of the Apostles--and an accurate interpretation of scripture. Protestants believe everyone can come up with their own interpretations--which is one of the reasons we have so many Protestant factions. No one can agree on which interpretation is correct so everyone goes their own way, following their own opinions.

You are wrong that the Pope forbade people owning a Bible. What was forbidden in the Church was for people to own Bibles that were not accurate and valid translations. Remember, with the advent of the printing press, people wanted to make money selling Bibles, and they weren't too careful about the accuracy and authenticity about the translations. The Catholic Church had approved translations for most of the languages in common use, and it was the unapproved translations with their inaccuracies the Church forbade. Anyone who who has the charge of keeping any book accurate and correctly translated would issue warnings about those books who did not meet the highest standard.

Truthfully, how do you think the motto of, "Everyone can read and understand the Bible for him or herself" has worked in the Protestant Community? Do you think having several opposing "understandings" of each passage useful?

By the way, study the accurate history of the Inquisition, by actual historians of the times. Later exaggerated Protestant hysteria and inflation of numbers is shameful. Again, the real truth is out there. Perhaps you can explain Protestant lies about the Catholic Church? Why would anyone choose to dwell in lies and spread falsehoods?

No, I am not saying the Catholic Church is perfect and anything it undertakes is perfect by definition. People are imperfect, and anything any person--Catholic or otherwise--is going to have its imperfections that will sometimes devolve into grave and dangerous faults. After these times, just like the Apostles did after Judas, the Church makes reparations and moves on, ever striving to do better. What I am saying is your Protestant presentation of the Inquisition is not truth, either. There were inquisitions the Church can be proud of; others that shame them. But even the shameful ones do not rise to the numbers Protestants present. Real historians will point out that the number the Protestants enjoy throwing around, is a number over the total of entire populations of the times.

The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith is the office you reference. The difference between Catholics and Protestants is that Catholics have ever been faithful in keeping with the doctrines, teachings, and interpretations of the Apostles--and an accurate interpretation of scripture. Protestants believe everyone can come up with their own interpretations--which is one of the reasons we have so many Protestant factions. No one can agree on which interpretation is correct so everyone goes their own way, following their own opinions.

You are wrong that the Pope forbade people owning a Bible. What was forbidden in the Church was for people to own Bibles that were not accurate and valid translations. Remember, with the advent of the printing press, people wanted to make money selling Bibles, and they weren't too careful about the accuracy and authenticity about the translations. The Catholic Church had approved translations for most of the languages in common use, and it was the unapproved translations with their inaccuracies the Church forbade. Anyone who who has the charge of keeping any book accurate and correctly translated would issue warnings about those books who did not meet the highest standard.

Truthfully, how do you think the motto of, "Everyone can read and understand the Bible for him or herself" has worked in the Protestant Community? Do you think having several opposing "understandings" of each passage useful?

By the way, study the accurate history of the Inquisition, by actual historians of the times. Later exaggerated Protestant hysteria and inflation of numbers is shameful. Again, the real truth is out there. Perhaps you can explain Protestant lies about the Catholic Church? Why would anyone choose to dwell in lies and spread falsehoods?

No, I am not saying the Catholic Church is perfect and anything it undertakes is perfect by definition. People are imperfect, and anything any person--Catholic or otherwise--is going to have its imperfections that will sometimes devolve into grave and dangerous faults. After these times, just like the Apostles did after Judas, the Church makes reparations and moves on, ever striving to do better. What I am saying is your Protestant presentation of the Inquisition is not truth, either. There were inquisitions the Church can be proud of; others that shame them. But even the shameful ones do not rise to the numbers Protestants present. Real historians will point out that the number the Protestants enjoy throwing around, is a number over the total of entire populations of the times.
Who, or what, gave the Catholic Church the authority to say what is an accurate translation of the Bible? Everything you just posted is totally inaccurate. Those Bibles they said were inaccurate did not contain the Apocrypha. That is why they were considered inaccurate. Protestants, as well as most other denominations do not consider them Scripture. And for good reason. And the Bible is not hard to understand. We have several translations that are accurate, but different. We have concordances, Bible dictionaries, as well as commentaries by respected theologians. We can even read it in the original languages it was written in. I don't need no stinking church to tell me what the Bible says. That is the sole province of the Holy Spirit. Your problem is that you place your trust in a church. I place my trust in my Creator. The Catholic Church has many traditions that are not Biblical. They bow down to idols, for Pete's sake! Don't say they don't. I've seen them do it. You do know that's forbidden in Scripture, right? They also pray for the dead. How silly is that? God does not hear those prayers. The Bible teaches that it is appointed unto a man once to die, then the Judgement. Praying for the dead is just one of the many false teaching of the Catholic Church. Now, about the historical record. There is no doubt that the Catholic Church tortured and killed many people. Many of them Christians. Can you deny this? Your lame attempt to claim that it wasn't as bad as people think is rather pathetic. What difference if it's millions, or hundreds of thousands, or even a single individual? Those people were tortured and killed by order of freakin church. That is not the fruit of the Holy Spirit. It is not what Jesus taught. Therefore, it is of the Devil. Can you deny this? The Catholic Church is corrupt and evil. It is the spawn of Satan. Nothing you say will change that. I'm not saying that all Catholics are evil. I think they have been deluded. I pray for them. But the Church leadership, all the way up to the pope, are beholden to the Devil.

You do understand Luther never wanted to start a new religion right. Also King Henry VIII's desire for an annulment was denied so he left the RCC, but then he adopted all the RCC laws and decrees, except one, the Pope did not have authority over the King, the KIng of England was the new Pope.

What gives the RCC the right, Rome created and made Christianity the Empires religion, its their religion, that is what gives them the right. The RCC is based on tradition (which came first) and the bible, which they assembled and wrote with some help of Hellenistic jews.

What you have is based on the Bible , and every sect has its different opinion of what it says.

You do understand Luther never wanted to start a new religion right. Also King Henry VIII's desire for an annulment was denied so he left the RCC, but then he adopted all the RCC laws and decrees, except one, the Pope did not have authority over the King, the KIng of England was the new Pope.

What gives the RCC the right, Rome created and made Christianity the Empires religion, its their religion, that is what gives them the right. The RCC is based on tradition (which came first) and the bible, which they assembled and wrote with some help of Hellenistic jews.

What you have is based on the Bible , and every sect has its different opinion of what it says.
Rome created Christianity? You really believe that?

Rome created Christianity? You really believe that?

Absolutely, look at my avatar and figure it out. Father , Son and HS. How did Jesus know to tell Peter to find a coin in the fish's gut, because jews were also called fish, and many Jews fleeing the temple swallowed their money, and those fighting with the Romans knew this. There is also the story in the holocaust about how jews swallowed diamonds. Figure it out. Who was Titus right hand man, a jew, Tiberius Alexander.

Which emperor used to be called , my lord and my god, Domitian who was Emperor after Titus. Domitian was also very strick when it came to morals. Domitian was jealous of Titus, and was somewhat of a ghost till he became emperor. He is a holier than thou ghost. Who rode into Rome on a white Charger. Why did Jesus/ Titus, say one should not blasphemy the Holy Spirit (Ghost) because Domitian would not tolerate it.

You don't need to study the bible more, you need to study history.

Who, or what, gave the Catholic Church the authority to say what is an accurate translation of the Bible? Everything you just posted is totally inaccurate. Those Bibles they said were inaccurate did not contain the Apocrypha. That is why they were considered inaccurate. Protestants, as well as most other denominations do not consider them Scripture. And for good reason. And the Bible is not hard to understand. We have several translations that are accurate, but different. We have concordances, Bible dictionaries, as well as commentaries by respected theologians. We can even read it in the original languages it was written in. I don't need no stinking church to tell me what the Bible says. That is the sole province of the Holy Spirit. Your problem is that you place your trust in a church. I place my trust in my Creator. The Catholic Church has many traditions that are not Biblical. They bow down to idols, for Pete's sake! Don't say they don't. I've seen them do it. You do know that's forbidden in Scripture, right? They also pray for the dead. How silly is that? God does not hear those prayers. The Bible teaches that it is appointed unto a man once to die, then the Judgement. Praying for the dead is just one of the many false teaching of the Catholic Church. Now, about the historical record. There is no doubt that the Catholic Church tortured and killed many people. Many of them Christians. Can you deny this? Your lame attempt to claim that it wasn't as bad as people think is rather pathetic. What difference if it's millions, or hundreds of thousands, or even a single individual? Those people were tortured and killed by order of freakin church. That is not the fruit of the Holy Spirit. It is not what Jesus taught. Therefore, it is of the Devil. Can you deny this? The Catholic Church is corrupt and evil. It is the spawn of Satan. Nothing you say will change that. I'm not saying that all Catholics are evil. I think they have been deluded. I pray for them. But the Church leadership, all the way up to the pope, are beholden to the Devil.

As Grandpa used to say, "Simmer down a minute."

The Catholic Church was the "Consumer Advocate" of the proper interpretation of scripture BEFORE Luther and the Protestant Reformation. If you think any money-grubbing entrepreneur of the time should be able to foist off bad translations of scripture to the unsuspecting public of the time, then that's one opinion. Capitalism, Consumerism, and Let the Buyer Beware are all valid points. Equally as valid were the theologians of the time decrying poor translations and telling the buyers to beware.

Now we can take a take a look at Protestants and the Apocrypha issues entering the scene. Luther saw that books of the Apocrypha were no longer part of Jewish Scriptures (the Jews revising their Canon about a hundred years after the death of Christ) and Luther moved these books to the back of the Bible. However, another enterprising entrepreneur, to save money and make a profit for himself, removed these books altogether--and presto, the Protestant Bible no longer included the books at all. Catholic Bibles retained these books as they were part of Jewish Scripture at the time of Christ and the Apostles. What was then there, is included today...for Catholics.

Look up the deaths and persecutions for which Protestants need to take responsibility. I've already looked into the ones the Catholic Church takes responsibility for--and know the non-exaggerated truth. I'm not dismissing facts, I'm pointing out the exaggeration of facts. No exaggeration is needed, or do you disagree on this point?

If you think the Holy Spirit gives you an accurate interpretation of a Bible passage, and then gives the person sitting into the pew next to you, a second, entirely opposing interpretations, that's your prerogative. Catholic believe the Holy Spirit gave the Apostles one interpretation for all. This Apostolic teaching/interpretation/revelation by the Holy Spirit, has been passed down to all Catholics. That manner of teaching is our prerogative.

Forum List

Back