How can a CMT boycott succeed...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
A typical boycott of CMT likely will not produce results. Just not watching will have little effect on the cable distribution of the CMT Channel.

To effectively boycott CMT, a threat against the entire cable lineup by cable and satellite subscribers is the only way to promote change and protest censorship.

If you are a cable subscriber, call, write or email your cable provider and threaten to cancel your subscription.

One America News was removed from cable and satellite subscriptions...so there is definately a precedent for removing a channel from the line up.

Honestly...there isn't much on cable and satellite to justify the expense anymore anyway. You may be far better off to simply cut the cord if your cable or satellite provider fails to take your censorship concerns to heart.

“You just cannot ‘boycott’ CMT. They program cheap crap as it is. Cable providers pick up CMT to fill up their schedule,” one user wrote. “You have to contact your cable provider and tell them you’re switching to streaming services because of the Jason Aldean situation.”

A typical boycott of CMT likely will not produce results. Just not watching will have little effect on the cable distribution of the CMT Channel.
It must be exhausting being a conservative, trying to remember all the things that your cult told you to get triggered about.

I mean, the list doesn't just change daily. It changes hourly.

To effectively boycott CMT, a threat against the entire cable lineup by cable and satellite subscribers is the only way to promote change and protest censorship.

If you are a cable subscriber, call, write or email your cable provider and threaten to cancel your subscription.

One America News was removed from cable and satellite subscriptions...so there is definately a precedent for removing a channel from the line up.

Honestly...there isn't much on cable and satellite to justify the expense anymore anyway. You may be far better off to simply cut the cord if your cable or satellite provider fails to take your censorship concerns to heart.

“You just cannot ‘boycott’ CMT. They program cheap crap as it is. Cable providers pick up CMT to fill up their schedule,” one user wrote. “You have to contact your cable provider and tell them you’re switching to streaming services because of the Jason Aldean situation.”

Disagree. Some shows on CMT are now gone because people quit watching because of all the homosexual kissing. Kung Fu is one of them A good show that was boycotted enough that the sponsors pulled ads. Walker is hanging on because the brother of Walker stopped the kissing scenes perhaps in time. Also, the daughter was seen possibly being bisexual and they lost viewers. Fortunately, Superman and Lois haven't gone down that road, yet.

CMT is owned by paramount. you might as well shoot your TV if you want to boycott them.

CMT is owned by paramount. you might as well shoot your TV if you want to boycott them.
Well... That explains a lot, doesn't it.

"CMT (originally standing for Country Music Television) is an American pay TV network Owned by Paramount Media Networks a division of Paramount Global."

"In the most recent quarter, Paramount’s revenue was flat at $7.3 billion. Its operating loss was $1.2 billion. "

That might make it even easier...

Threaten to cancel Paramount Plus.

There's that cancel culture that Republicans were so against.
4i6Ckte.gif

Make a list of CMT's advertisers and let them you know you are finished with their products, and why.

I thought it would be impossible to live without Amazon when they pledged to pay for their employees' abortions, but I am Amazon free.

It may take a while but look at what we were able to do to Bud Lite, Target, Pet Smart, et cetera.

The Silent Majority is no longer Silent.

If CMT goes under, where will you hear your redneck noise?
You still mad about me being happy they fired your biased ass as a moderator?

It's a fact.

You need to grow some thicker skin My Dude.

To answer your question...I suppose you've never heard of that new invention...the radio?

How about internet streaming?

Too newfangled?

Here's old school for your wrinkly ass.

Why not go see some LIVE music?

CMT isn't in my top million places to look for musical entertainment.

You still mad about me being happy they fired your biased ass as a moderator?

It's a fact.

You need to grow some thicker skin My Dude.

To answer your question...I suppose you've never heard of that new invention...the radio?

How about internet streaming?

Too newfangled?

Here's old school for your wrinkly ass.

Why not go see some LIVE music?

CMT isn't in my top million places to look for musical entertainment.

Right?

There are those of us who have killed our TV's.

Forum List

Back