How About A "Find My Posts" Link Imbedded in the Main, Forum Index Page?

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
I hope this is the right forum for this topic. I couldn't find another that seemed more appropriate.

I have a suggestion with regard to the "Find All of My Posts" feature here. At present, in order to find all of your posts, you have to (1) Click on Quick Links, (2) Scroll down and click on Your Profile (3) In your Profile, click on the Statistics tab and finally, (4) In Statistics, click on the "Find All of my Posts" link. Four, separate operations to get to your posts.

How hard would it be to put a permanent "Find My Posts" link somewhere in the Main Discussion Forum index page so that, when you first come on, you can click on that link and be taken directly to all of your posts?

I have been a member of another, rather well known political message board for a number of years. They have always had such a link, available on the main discussion forum index page. It was always the first thing I did when coming onto the site - check my posts to see if there have been any responses and if so, to answer them.

Four clicks to get there is three too many, seems to me.

Thanks for listening.

GC

Go back to your other board, you lazy fucker!

BTW, I can find all your posts in one click...even though I am not a lazy fucker.

I hope this is the right forum for this topic. I couldn't find another that seemed more appropriate.

I have a suggestion with regard to the "Find All of My Posts" feature here. At present, in order to find all of your posts, you have to (1) Click on Quick Links, (2) Scroll down and click on Your Profile (3) In your Profile, click on the Statistics tab and finally, (4) In Statistics, click on the "Find All of my Posts" link. Four, separate operations to get to your posts.

How hard would it be to put a permanent "Find My Posts" link somewhere in the Main Discussion Forum index page so that, when you first come on, you can click on that link and be taken directly to all of your posts?

I have been a member of another, rather well known political message board for a number of years. They have always had such a link, available on the main discussion forum index page. It was always the first thing I did when coming onto the site - check my posts to see if there have been any responses and if so, to answer them.

Thanks for listening.

GC

How about clicking on your user ID, then user statistics, then find all posts by user? This ain't rocket science, percy .....

Thanks for listening.

GC

How about clicking on your user ID, then user statistics, then find all posts by user? This ain't rocket science, percy .....

Yes, you can do that. But how much better to do it with a ONE-CLICK link on the Main Page, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
How hard would it be to put a permanent "Find My Posts" link somewhere
That's another one-click deal for the admin. By default, that link goes up in the taskbar, where you see "Home, UserCP, Active Topics" and etc.

They have it de-selected here.

Meanwhile, you could always bookmark the link, see?

How hard would it be to put a permanent "Find My Posts" link somewhere
That's another one-click deal for the admin. By default, that link goes up in the taskbar, where you see "Home, UserCP, Active Topics" and etc.

I figured. Maybe they will see fit to select it. It would really make a huge difference.

Meanwhile, you could always bookmark the link, see?

I have done that on my computer at work (XP). It won't work with Vista.

Click on your user name, it brings down a drop down menu. It is the 4th item down.

Yes, you can do that - but in order to do that, you have to be looking at one of your posts (unless you know a way to click on your user name at the Main Forum Index page that I don't see). And in order to be looking at one of your posts, you have to hunt around until you get one. That is sometimes more tedious than going the Quick Link-Profile-Statistics-Find All Posts route.

I really don't see what the big deal is about enabling a Find All Posts link on the Main Page. It would make a big difference.

I figured. Maybe they will see fit to select it.
Don't hold thy breath.

Trust me - this is an EXCELLENT feature that is used almost universally on other boards.

This board is more than just a cut above other boards in so many ways - it would seem they would want to implement this feature to be consistent with the otherwise high level of formatting in place here already.

Thanks for listening.

GC

How about a one-click link on the Main Page, thereby making it a helluva lot more convenient for your users here than having to make multiple moves to find all posts?

That ain't rocket science either.

But there IS one on the first page, main menu. It's called SEARCH. Plug in your own user name, click all posts, then advanced search and it will give you several options to narrow your search. Most people are searching for a specific thing they said, which narrows down that search considerably, rather than just listing them all page after page randomly.

How about a one-click link on the Main Page, thereby making it a helluva lot more convenient for your users here than having to make multiple moves to find all posts?

That ain't rocket science either.

But there IS one on the first page, main menu. It's called SEARCH. Plug in your own user name, click all posts, then advanced search and it will give you several options to narrow your search. Most people are searching for a specific thing they said, which narrows down that search considerably, rather than just listing them all page after page randomly.

Thanks, but I'm not sure you understand what I am after here. The whole point of an imbedded link on the Main Page is ONE CLICK gets you what you want. Good Lord - what you suggest here is even more rigorous than going the Quick Links/Profile/Statistics route.

You are aware of the Find All Posts feature, right? Get to your Profile, click on the Statistics tab and then on Find All of My Posts link. It takes you to a page that lists all of your posts, most recent on top.

How much better to be able to get there with one click, rather than the various, alternative (and tedious) methods now available, don't you agree?

Forum List

Back