How about a capital gains tax cut stimulus?

I've never been a fan of capital gains tax in Canada. Tax on interest and dividends, ok, but why on share gains? You risk your capital in a company, it should be taxed minimally if at all.

Regardless, this stimulus should be paid for by China. Hit them with a real tariff and a broad one. Block trade of specific essential products from all nations and force manufacturing back to America (and Canada) of such critical productions.

It's amazing that nobody thought "hey, I wonder if shipping exports of life saving medication to a communist, authoritarian state might be a problem for us one day?" This is like Russia shipping oil to the Germans in the 1940's. It's only a matter of time before it comes back to haunt you.
I am really concerned about the manufacturing of our medical supplies are not made in America. We have to design a program where we can manufacture life saving medical supplies and medicine here without it costing citizens an arm and a leg.

There has to be a way where pharmaceuticals stay profitable and pay about the same wages without their outlandish profits. When the CEO's have 15 million dollar homes, somethings wrong. They should be rich, but there's even a limit to that.

No, we create a nationalized health care system. The pharmaceutical companies are employed by the government, which guarantees salaries and cover costs. That takes the greed out of the industry so they don't jack up prices to profit off of sickness and disease. The benefits of that is we will get something back for the taxes we pay besides an army.
I would be for a nationalized health care if it was a good one. The new health care should be for everyone...including Congress!!! I have great insurance and I don't want to give it up unless the national one is as good as mine or better.

I believe a plan could be made that would allow people to keep their plan if they want to. I would think congress would already be included in the plan.

Bernie has three houses. Lets get him down to two. He makes his money from being a senator. Something I not right when the only job these politicians have are the Congress and they live in Beverly Hills...something is SERIOUSLY wrong, Maxine as in Waters....
Maxine is married to a former pro football player who got a job selling Mercedes Benzs' when he retired from football. Perhaps he's a multi millionaire maybe?
Selling cars???? I don't think so. She and her husband got in trouble with a bank deal when her husband was the president of the bank. Maxine used her from a vote in Congress to get a loan that was illegal...something like that.

I've never been a fan of capital gains tax in Canada. Tax on interest and dividends, ok, but why on share gains? You risk your capital in a company, it should be taxed minimally if at all.

Regardless, this stimulus should be paid for by China. Hit them with a real tariff and a broad one. Block trade of specific essential products from all nations and force manufacturing back to America (and Canada) of such critical productions.

It's amazing that nobody thought "hey, I wonder if shipping exports of life saving medication to a communist, authoritarian state might be a problem for us one day?" This is like Russia shipping oil to the Germans in the 1940's. It's only a matter of time before it comes back to haunt you.
I am really concerned about the manufacturing of our medical supplies are not made in America. We have to design a program where we can manufacture life saving medical supplies and medicine here without it costing citizens an arm and a leg.

There has to be a way where pharmaceuticals stay profitable and pay about the same wages without their outlandish profits. When the CEO's have 15 million dollar homes, somethings wrong. They should be rich, but there's even a limit to that.

No, we create a nationalized health care system. The pharmaceutical companies are employed by the government, which guarantees salaries and cover costs. That takes the greed out of the industry so they don't jack up prices to profit off of sickness and disease. The benefits of that is we will get something back for the taxes we pay besides an army.
I would be for a nationalized health care if it was a good one. The new health care should be for everyone...including Congress!!! I have great insurance and I don't want to give it up unless the national one is as good as mine or better.

I believe a plan could be made that would allow people to keep their plan if they want to. I would think congress would already be included in the plan.
When Obama care was passed, Congress had a waiver where they didn't have to give up their Cadillac plan. None of that shite again. They draw up the plan, then they should follow it too.

o
Bernie has three houses. Lets get him down to two. He makes his money from being a senator. Something I not right when the only job these politicians have are the Congress and they live in Beverly Hills...something is SERIOUSLY wrong, Maxine as in Waters....
Maxine is married to a former pro football player who got a job selling Mercedes Benzs' when he retired from football. Perhaps he's a multi millionaire maybe?
Selling cars???? I don't think so. She and her husband got in trouble with a bank deal when her husband was the president of the bank. Maxine used her from a vote in Congress to get a loan that was illegal...something like that.

All that turned out not to be true. And yes, her husband did play pro football and sell Mercedes Benz'

When Obama care was passed, Congress had a waiver where they didn't have to give up their Cadillac plan. None of that shite again. They draw up the plan, then they should follow it too.
Tell that to the republicans who blocked the public option which would have given Americans the same options congress has when enrolling for insurance.

The House ethics committee on Monday outlined its charges against Rep. Maxine Waters, who is accused of helping a bank in which her husband owned stock secure federal bailout funds.

The committee charged the 10-term California Democrat with three counts of violating House rules and the federal ethics code in connection with her effort to arrange a 2008 meeting between Treasury officials and representatives with OneUnited bank.

The panel said Waters, who sits on the Financial Services Committee, broke a House rule requiring members to behave in a way that reflects “creditably” on the chamber. The committee said that by trying to assist OneUnited, she stood to benefit directly, because her husband owned a sizable amount of stock that would have been “worthless” if the bank failed.

The committee also accused Waters of violating the “spirit” of a House rule prohibiting lawmakers from using their positions for financial gain, as well as a government ethics statute banning the dispensing of “special favors.”

Waters has vehemently denied wrongdoing and said she would rather defend herself at an ethics trial than admit to “something I did not do.”

In a motion to dismiss the charges, which the ethics panel has denied, Waters’s attorney, Stanley M. Brand, said the congresswoman had done nothing wrong.

“This committee asserts that Rep. Waters improperly used her position to ‘preserve her husband’s investment in OneUnited,’ ” he wrote. “Yet, after its exhaustive investigation, it cannot identify a single active step taken by Rep. Waters in furtherance of that goal.”

The release of the formal charges comes at a bad time for Democrats, as Waters is the second party lawmaker heading to a public trial after the August recess — with time running out before the November midterms. In late July, the House ethics committee charged Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) with 13 counts of breaking House rules and federal ethics statutes.

Now, for the third straight week, as House lawmakers return from recess Tuesday to pass a $26 billion state aid package, Democratic leaders must watch their legislative agenda take a backseat to ethics scandals that Republicans already are using against them.

The ethics committee last week released a detailed report, by the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE), on Waters’s alleged wrongdoing in the OneUnited matter, but it did not outline the formal charges against her until Monday.

The panel’s investigative subcommittee, to buttress its case, released more information Monday about Waters’s involvement with OneUnited and a meeting she helped arrange between the National Bankers Association (NBA), a trade group of minority owned banks of which OneUnited is a member, and Treasury officials. Three of the four attendees NBA invited had ties to OneUnited, according to the OCE report.

OneUnited asked for $50 million in assistance to cover expected losses from the collapse of the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, but Treasury lacked the authority to grant the request, the ethics committee said.According to the 10-page Statement of Alleged Violation, Waters “did not instruct” her chief of staff, Mikael Moore, to stop assisting OneUnited after she told Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-Mass.) she would halt her outreach.

In early September, Frank had warned Waters against getting involved because of her husband’s ties, telling her he would handle all contact on behalf of the bank, according to the report, even before he knew about her husband’s OneUnited stock. It is unclear when Frank learned about his holdings.

But Moore, who is Waters’s grandson, contacted OneUnited executives in late September, sending them publicly available draft legislation of a broad Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) bill that would have permitted Treasury to buy certain assets of banks.

OneUnited CEO Kevin Cohee and OneUnited senior counsel Robert Cooper exchanged several e-mails with Moore that September. In one, Cooper wrote: “Thank you for all your hard work!”

In October, the legislation authorizing the TARP contained language intended to apply to OneUnited, according to Frank. The bank eventually applied for TARP funds and received $12 million in December.

The ethics committee valued Williams’s stock holdings at over $350,000 at the end of 2007, between 4.6 and 15.2 percent of the couple’s net worth, according to Waters’s financial disclosure reports. By the end of September 2008, the stock’s value plummeted more than 50 percent, to $175,000, because of the collapse of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

“If OneUnited failed, [Waters’s] husband’s investment would have been worthless,” the subcommittee wrote.

The panel also reported that Cohee had previously hosted a fundraiser for Waters at his home and that he and his wife contributed to her campaign on “numerous occasions.”

The investigative subcommittee denied two motions filed by Waters: one to provide further clarification of the charges against her and another to dismiss the case.

The fact that her grandson handled the OneUnited matter for her raises even more ethics concerns, watchdogs argue. House rules bar members from hiring for their congressional offices nearly anyone with a family relationship, though not grandchildren.

“Congress has anti-nepotism rules, which sadly don’t rule out members from hiring their grandchildren,” said Melanie Sloan, executive director of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

Public Citizen’s Craig Holman said, “The family and the business relationship is just so close — it defies credibility that he would be acting on his own without her knowledge.”

Waters plans a vigorous defense this week. Her attorneys previously have argued that Moore acted without her knowledge and compared her office’s activities to those of Rep. Sam Graves (R-Mo.), whom the committee exonerated last year.

Graves had invited a business partner of his wife’s to testify before a committee. The hearing covered the industry in which the witness and Graves’s wife were investors, and he failed to disclose the relationship at the hearing.

This post was originally posted at 12:33 p.m. and updated at 1:56 p.m. and 8:24 p.m.

Tell that to the republicans who blocked the public option which would have given Americans the same options congress has when enrolling for insurance.
I blame ALL of Congress, not just one side.

Rep. Waters charged on three counts

Check out this link.

her husband probably was a football player, but selling cars doesn't make you rich.

Her husband was a pro football player. Perhaps you do some research instead of looking for old ethics charges that were dropped. And you can get rich selling cars.
I bought a Cadillac and when they delivered it, they told me my house was beautiful. They didn't act or dress like millionaires andt though my house was a dream. They don't live in Beverly hIlls, I tell ya,!

California Democrat Maxine Waters Charged on 3 Counts of Corruption

Editors Note: This story is a repost of an older story for the Records. This kind of corruption has been ongoing for a very long time -centuries-. Legal Innocence/Guilt is only and merely a LEGAL FICTION; a non-sense fictional story that Attorneys tell themselves to sleep at night.

via ItMakesSenseBlogThe Meister
The House Ethics Committee has finally charged Maxine Waters (D-CA) with corruption.

In 2008, Maxine arranged a meeting between the Treasury Department and representatives of OneUnited bank – where her husband was a notable shareholder.

As a member of the House Financial Committee, she was able to directly contact then-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson to speak with him about meeting with minority-owned banks. Through her efforts, OneUnited bank was able to obtain $12 million in federal bailout funding to help cover expected losses from the collapse of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Author’s Note: Maxine has a long history of suspicious behavior. She is a crazy person who has been elected to the House 10 times. The media likes to cover her antics but has mostly avoided covering her corruption charges. This could actually be a move by Democrats to get rid of her.

As a member of the House Financial Committee, she was able to directly contact then-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson to speak with him about meeting with minority-owned banks. Through her efforts, OneUnited bank was able to obtain $12 million in federal bailout funding to help cover expected losses from the collapse of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

And she's still head of that finance committee, providing us with hilarious posturing in the hearings over Wells Fargo's most recent hijinks. Article in the Weekend WSJ about it. Funnier than The Onion.

I’m trying to figure out the benefit of reduction in capital gains tax when the market is down 20%.

I mean, right now, who is actually worried about a tax when there are no gains?

I’m trying to figure out the benefit of reduction in capital gains tax when the market is down 20%.

No normal people that’s for sure....

And she's still head of that finance committee, providing us with hilarious posturing in the hearings over Wells Fargo's most recent hijinks. Article in the Weekend WSJ about it. Funnier than The Onion.

If you want to see comedy, look to the white house.

California Democrat Maxine Waters Charged on 3 Counts of Corruption

Editors Note: This story is a repost of an older story for the Records. This kind of corruption has been ongoing for a very long time -centuries-. Legal Innocence/Guilt is only and merely a LEGAL FICTION; a non-sense fictional story that Attorneys tell themselves to sleep at night.

via ItMakesSenseBlogThe Meister
The House Ethics Committee has finally charged Maxine Waters (D-CA) with corruption.

In 2008, Maxine arranged a meeting between the Treasury Department and representatives of OneUnited bank – where her husband was a notable shareholder.

Author’s Note: Maxine has a long history of suspicious behavior. She is a crazy person who has been elected to the House 10 times. The media likes to cover her antics but has mostly avoided covering her corruption charges. This could actually be a move by Democrats to get rid of her.

Jackson, she was cleared of those charges. I believe that was done in 2012. I realize that with you conservatives democrats stay guilt forever even when they are cleared of charges, but in real life when a person is cleared of charges, it means what they were charged for they did not do.

Because most everybody knows the history of the markets. This virus is likely to be temporary. When it blows over, the market is going to head up to it's pre-virus levels. People are just trying to evaluate when the best entry point is.

If we had a huge tax break for the next 120 days, people would be less likely to pull out, or more anxious to get back into the game because they know that sometime soon, the market is going back up.

Forum List

Back