Bernie Sanders needs to unite behind Joe Biden

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Biden's delegate lead (over 300) has pretty much become insurmountable by Sanders. Biden needs to be free to focus on the General Election. Sanders needs to suspend his campaign, unite behind Biden, and try to convince his supporters to also unite behind Biden.

Current delegates per MSNBC:

Biden: 1,132

Sanders: 817
BIDEN CLOSES IN: Sweeps Bernie In 3 Big States

Biden's delegate lead (over 300) has pretty much become insurmountable by Sanders. Biden needs to be free to focus on the General Election. Sanders needs to suspend his campaign, unite behind Biden, and try to convince his supporters to also unite behind Biden.

What does Lady gaga say about that? I think democrats are required to use a woman VP. They have a very strict quota system...Jim Crow had nothing on them. I cant see them listing communist as an affirmative action target...plenty in the party now

But you arent real bright politically I have never seen you get it right yet.

Last edited:

I think he is ----- slowly. His supporters will take a little time to get used to the idea. I suspect Bernie will even eventually campaign for Joe, but he wants to do it in a way that he brings his supporters along with him.

I think he is ----- slowly. His supporters will take a little time to get used to the idea. I suspect Bernie will even eventually campaign for Joe, but he wants to do it in a way that he brings his supporters along with him.

Thank you. I agree.

Bernie and biden who?

trump is the center of the universe as long as the public is freaked out over the chinese virus

dems may as well stay home and limit their risk of catching the deadly coronavirus

Biden could still catch a virus and that would knock him out. Bernie needs to stay until the end.

The faster they unite behind Biden, the faster they can bait and switch and go with Clinton. No way they are going with Joe. It will be quite a moment when Joe steps aside.

The faster they unite behind Biden, the faster they can bait and switch and go with Clinton. No way they are going with Joe. It will be quite a moment when Joe steps aside.

Just my opinion of course, but THAT would be something. Joe will have a difficult enough time getting Bernie voters who feel they were shafted and many are now even questioning Bernie themselves, assuming he's just going through the motions. Many see him as just another weak candidate now, even if he campaigns for Joe. Some see the writing on the wall and questioned his inability to go hard at Joe.

Joe might get some, but Hillary or someone else wouldn't get any of their support. That would be the ultimate backhand to the flock who are already stinging.

Last edited:

Just my opinion of course, but THAT would be something. Joe will have a difficult enough time getting Bernie voters who know they were shafted and many are now even questioning Bernie themselves. Many see him as just another weak candidate now, even if he campaigns for Joe. Some see the writing on the wall and questioned his inability to go hard at Joe.

Joe might get some, but Hillary or someone else wouldn't get any of their support. That would be the ultimate backhand to the flock who are already stinging.

Its too late. Sanders voters now know Bernie was only in this race for show. i don't think he ever wanted to win. In some ways, I can't blame him. With the entire establishment against him and making every move to take him down, Bernie couldn't bring himself to point out to the people the clear decline Joe Biden has suffered in recent years. They see it and wonder why Bernie would kneel to Old Joe, who is not nearly as competent to take on Trump. They will probably cheer the bait and switch because they know Biden can't do it, and Clinton is their best shot to beat Trump now that Bernie is ready to wrap it up.

Stay strong, Bernie! Chairman Mao and Uncle Joe and smiling up at you

Bernie's fans are likely to lose interest now and stay home. Not all of them but enough to give Trump an easy victory (or should I say "easier"?).

Clinton? Really? Are you really that stupid? That's psycho stupid.

Joe will pull a LBJ type announcement when he steps aside, "any sane person can see my piano is missing a few keys, some white one and some blacker that Brack Obiden himself."

What other choice do they have? Biden isn't a serious option in my opinion.

What other choice do they have? Biden isn't a serious option in my opinion.

Biden will be our next president.

That's been the plan from the start.

Jakestarkey's front yard is covered with "I'm seeing 2020 for Hillary" signs. Sure, they've been there since 2017, but still.

Forum List

Back