House vote today to launch an investigation into Insurrection Day

Great...lets waste more taxpayer dollars. Like we didn't waste enough money with the Mueller report and the Ukraine impeachment. Amazing. And when the Republicans take control of the House in 2022 they will waste money investigating the Bidens. It will never end now.
Joe Biden has already been investigated by the Republicans in the senate during Trump-nothing found wrong...

Republican Inquiry Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing by Biden​

The report delivered on Wednesday appeared to be little more than a rehashing of unproven allegations that echoed a Russian disinformation campaign.

When they take the House in 2022...you will see that I am right. Despite what the unbiased NYT tells you. There will be a deep dive in Hunter, Burisma and nepotism.
View attachment 491126
Would that be the chickens that trump fluffers claim ate the ballots in AZ?

Great...lets waste more taxpayer dollars. Like we didn't waste enough money with the Mueller report and the Ukraine impeachment. Amazing. And when the Republicans take control of the House in 2022 they will waste money investigating the Bidens. It will never end now.
Do you support the waste of taxpayers' money with that funny lil' audit in AZ?
If there is a reasonable cause to have it and to ensure we have more transparency in future elections, yes. If it’s just a facade then,
No.

The capital police were essentially tourist directors. Trained to spot suspected terrorism with people leaving packages and backpacks. That's why the dipshit woman got herself shot coming through a window.

The question going forward is how much of the "nice guy cops" we can keep while still having a group with body armor, chem masks, semi auto weapons and crowd dispursement equipment, and being capable of taking down a mob of a few thousands, and where a larger militarized response can come from, with personnel carriers and water cannon, as well as chain guns ... just in case.

The House votes today to launch a bipartisan investigation into Insurrection Day ...

Democrats & Republicans reached a deal to bring this to a vote. The agreement includes a bipartisan commission with equal numbers of Democrats and Republicans leading the investigation ... and the investigation will be about January 6th, 2001 only and will not include any other violence by anybody else.
Bipartisan? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
Yes...that means there will be Democrats AND Republicans on the committee. Prove that will not be the case.

If there is a reasonable cause to have it and to ensure we have more transparency in future elections, yes. If it’s just a facade then,
No.
There should be as many deep investigations as to the Jan 6th insurrection as there was Benghazi.

The House votes today to launch a bipartisan investigation into Insurrection Day ...

Democrats & Republicans reached a deal to bring this to a vote. The agreement includes a bipartisan commission with equal numbers of Democrats and Republicans leading the investigation ... and the investigation will be about January 6th, 2001 only and will not include any other violence by anybody else.
I really don't see the positive in this. The 25% who still live and breath for Trump, will continue to do so. The only thing that really is unknown is how deeply Trump was in with the Proud Boys and whoever actually led the assault on the Capital Police, and what Police if any were in on it. That's really a DOJ type investigation.
wow.

How do you sleep at night?

You are pathetic.
Nah, Trump is pathetic...

Enrique Tarrio said:
Donald Trump said:
Proud Boys – stand back and stand by
Standing by sir.

Seems they too got the message you deny was given.

LOL. Insurrection day.

A bunch of people trespassed out of anger and it is an insurrection day.

You are pathetic.
Oh? I thought they were just tourists?
Never said that. They were violent rioters. Dont put words into my mouth. Thty were no different than the rioters during the summer of love. The only difference? …..people on capitol hill had armed protection. Business owners in the summer of love did not.

So investigate the “summer of love” already. We know what you are doing with the false equivalency - Gumming up the works.
how many businesses and lives were lost during the summer of love?

How many lives and businesses were lost on January 6th?

Enough said there.
Utterly irrelevant comparison which exposes the flaw of your thinking.

Insurrection Day didn't attempt to destroy businesses, it attempted to destroy the Constitution and this country.

That's the difference between Insurrection Day and the summer riots you're incapable of comprehending.
And that is where you were wrong. Insurrection day was defined by political opposition as insurrection day. It was an angry mob riot. Nothing more. It was despicable, uncalled-for and not in the best interest of anyone.
No different than a bunch of angry rioters declaring statehood for an area in n=the northwest.

Stop being a sheep. Open you eyes. You are being played by politicians
It was an organized event, called for by trump, to VIOLENTLY prevent congress from certifying the EV.
Ah...so the facts of his speech that day are irrelevant. You opted to believe the CNN version.
That makes you useless in this debate.
Saying "peacefully have your voices heard at capitol hill" is not inciting a riot.

Alas...but in your eyes, if said by a republican, it is inciting a riot.

Go away. You are a childish debater.
I was watching live, traitor.

LOL. Insurrection day.

You are pathetic.
Never said that. They were violent rioters. Dont put words into my mouth. Thty were no different than the rioters during the summer of love. The only difference? …..people on capitol hill had armed protection. Business owners in the summer of love did not.

So investigate the “summer of love” already. We know what you are doing with the false equivalency - Gumming up the works.

Enough said there.

Insurrection Day didn't attempt to destroy businesses, it attempted to destroy the Constitution and this country.

That's the difference between Insurrection Day and the summer riots you're incapable of comprehending.
And that is where you were wrong. Insurrection day was defined by political opposition as insurrection day. It was an angry mob riot. Nothing more. It was despicable, uncalled-for and not in the best interest of anyone.
No different than a bunch of angry rioters declaring statehood for an area in n=the northwest.

It was an organized event, called for by trump, to VIOLENTLY prevent congress from certifying the EV.
Ah...so the facts of his speech that day are irrelevant. You opted to believe the CNN version.
Saying "peacefully have your voices heard at capitol hill" is not inciting a riot.

Oh. I see. You are one of those kind of people.
Thanks for making it clear.

LOL. Insurrection day.

You are pathetic.

Enough said there.

Still a false equivalency my friend. The worst assault on the seat of our democratic republic since the war of 1812 hardly compares to BLM in which 93% of the marches were peaceful.

And this during a constitutionally mandated process and stoked entirely by the freaking POTUS and his Big Lie.

Sorry, but no banana for you!
We were seconds away from the overthrow of our government, and this guy becoming President, right Buttercup?

View attachment 491167
Only because the insurgency fizzled because those domestic terrorists failed to capture any lawmakers.

No.
There should be as many deep investigations as to the Jan 6th insurrection as there was Benghazi.
I disagree. There are 1000s of hours of video footage. For Benghazi it was much more of an unknown.

LOL. Insurrection day.

You are pathetic.

Enough said there.

you started it, buttlick, in post 61. Live with your actions.

Although, at the time, while I was watching at the gym, Trump's speech was despicable, but not worse that the crap he'd been spewing since the campaign. But when the mob actually broke down doors to the capital, everyone I saw at the gym was in disbelief and just saddened. The anger came later, at least on my part. The one question imo that reamins is exactly what contact did Trump and his campaign have with the people who actually led the break in. If there was any, we need to know it.

The capital police were essentially tourist directors. Trained to spot suspected terrorism with people leaving packages and backpacks. That's why the dipshit woman got herself shot coming through a window.

The question going forward is how much of the "nice guy cops" we can keep while still having a group with body armor, chem masks, semi auto weapons and crowd dispursement equipment, and being capable of taking down a mob of a few thousands, and where a larger militarized response can come from, with personnel carriers and water cannon, as well as chain guns ... just in case.
Wait...

Just to clarify

An officer of the law is nothing more than a tourist director with the responsibility and training to spot suspected terrorism?

An officer who puts his/her life on the line everyday is nothing more than a tourist director as he/she looks for potential terrorism?

And you called me a traitor?

You really need a reboot.

We gave the bastards everything they wanted.and Scalise, Kevin and Donald himself are now whipping no votes.
I do not have high hopes. Kev is afraid to testify and R’s are afraid of the truth as we approach midterms.
It's very revealing the only ones against learning what happened that day are on the right.
They're afraid.

There was no reason whatsoever to shoot an unarmed 100 lb. woman. Period.

LOL. Insurrection day.

You are pathetic.

Enough said there.

you started it, buttlick, in post 61. Live with your actions.

Although, at the time, while I was watching at the gym, Trump's speech was despicable, but not worse that the crap he'd been spewing since the campaign. But when the mob actually broke down doors to the capital, everyone I saw at the gym was in disbelief and just saddened. The anger came later, at least on my part. The one question imo that reamins is exactly what contact did Trump and his campaign have with the people who actually led the break in. If there was any, we need to know it.
Said by a poster who referred to Trump as a xenophobe when he halted travel from CHina.

Grow up and debate like an adult.
Then get back to me.

You talk a big game behind a little keyboard
7a5f6ee0f8da260371a7ba640eeef177.jpg

Nope, the dictionary defines it.

insurrection

an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

Bitch to Merriam Webster.
So then i guess the "summer of love" was an insurrection? After all, it was "an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government"
Ah...but no.....they had a right to do it. Why? Because you believed in their cause.

Wake up.
Or dont.
Your choice
I don't care what you call it, it has no bearing on Insurrection Day.

And yes, I believe in their cause as should anybody who opposes police brutality; but no, I don't agree with any violence coming out of it nor do I believe they had a right to be violent. I've condemned their violence repeatedly and continue to do so. I've said anyone involved in the violence should be arrested and I continue to say that. They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Now if I were a traitorous schmuck like so many on the right, instead of condemning them such as I have, I would have said something like they were just tourists checking out a new city. They meant no harm. They weren't even armed. All they did was delay traffic for a few hours. Big deal, you're making way too much of that. And that woman the police arrested? She wasn't armed. She meant no harm. She was just strolling through the street. She was only climbing through that broken out window to look around, she wasn't going to steal anything. I demand to know the name of the white cop who arrested her. He should have to live in fear for the rest of his life for wrongly arresting that unarmed peaceful patriot who did nothing wrong.

Some larpers, cosplayers, and a handful of tourists got lost, strayed beyond the ropes, took some selfies, and left. A handful got silly and broke some small stuff. One lady got murdered by a cop. End of report.
There, millions of dollars saved.

Forum List

Back