House vote today to launch an investigation into Insurrection Day

Great...lets waste more taxpayer dollars. Like we didn't waste enough money with the Mueller report and the Ukraine impeachment. Amazing. And when the Republicans take control of the House in 2022 they will waste money investigating the Bidens. It will never end now.
Why shouldn't we learn exactly what happened that day and how? Part of this investigation is to learn from mistakes made in order to establish appropriate changes necessary to Capitol police procedures.

You need a federal bill to do that.

If I were a representative, I'd ask Pelosi if what was left of her mind has finally stopped working.
No, she doesn't. Preferably, both parties from both chambers would work together on this. Regrettably, despite being threatened on Insurrection Day, Republicans can't seem to stand up and face the assailants who stormed their workplace. Why? Because the insurgents are on the same side of the aisle as themselves and they lack the testicular fortitude to stand up to them. Plus, they fear the wrath of Trump, who still leads them by the nose. But since they won't stand up, each chamber can hold their own subcommittee investigations. That's not ideal since it won't be a united Congress, but it's better than nothing.

I can't stop laughing.

Your little fairy tale was pretty entertaining.

"Stormed"....more like muddled.

Insurgents......ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh

The "wrath of Trump"........so terrible..........

My side hurts.
LOL

Yeah, "stormed."

jenna-ryan-capitol-mob-x7T.jpg

I'm laughing too. I'm laughing at how stupid those conservatives were for giving law enforcement all the evidence they need to convict them.

:abgg2q.jpg:
If they have “all the evidence” then why do you want an investigation?
oreqaxutka071.jpg
Hypocrisy 101. Investigate Jan 6th but don't investigate any of the BLM riots.
If those riots involved any political leader inciting violence, certainly yes.

but there is a big difference between property damage & violence inside a law making (governing) building, vs outside on the streets.
Please link how many rioters were charged with sedition and or treason vs. the same crimes some of the BLM rioters were charged with. Thank you. Please don't cower and run away.
I dont think treason would never apply to the insurrectionists, but insurrection might or sedition might. But i'm no lawyer.

lets just pick randomly one of the 493 people charged:

Knowingly entering and disorderly conduct in any restricted building or grounds;
knowingly engaging in act of physical violence in any restricted building or grounds;
disorderly conduct and act of physical violence on Capitol grounds;
obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder;
obstruction of justice/Congress;
assault on a federal officer with physical contact and intent to commit another felony

which one of those would apply to somebody rioting during a BLM protest?
perhaps 2 of 6 at most.
How many have been charged with sedition?
Investigation isn't over yet.

The House votes today to launch a bipartisan investigation into Insurrection Day ...

Democrats & Republicans reached a deal to bring this to a vote. The agreement includes a bipartisan commission with equal numbers of Democrats and Republicans leading the investigation ... and the investigation will be about January 6th, 2001 only and will not include any other violence by anybody else.
We need to subpoena Nancy's calls with the Capitol police that day
Why?
She was in charge of them and directed them
Your evidence she directed them is....?

Great...lets waste more taxpayer dollars. Like we didn't waste enough money with the Mueller report and the Ukraine impeachment. Amazing. And when the Republicans take control of the House in 2022 they will waste money investigating the Bidens. It will never end now.
Why shouldn't we learn exactly what happened that day and how? Part of this investigation is to learn from mistakes made in order to establish appropriate changes necessary to Capitol police procedures.

If I were a representative, I'd ask Pelosi if what was left of her mind has finally stopped working.
No, she doesn't. Preferably, both parties from both chambers would work together on this. Regrettably, despite being threatened on Insurrection Day, Republicans can't seem to stand up and face the assailants who stormed their workplace. Why? Because the insurgents are on the same side of the aisle as themselves and they lack the testicular fortitude to stand up to them. Plus, they fear the wrath of Trump, who still leads them by the nose. But since they won't stand up, each chamber can hold their own subcommittee investigations. That's not ideal since it won't be a united Congress, but it's better than nothing.

I can't stop laughing.

My side hurts.
LOL

Yeah, "stormed."

I'm laughing too. I'm laughing at how stupid those conservatives were for giving law enforcement all the evidence they need to convict them.

oreqaxutka071.jpg

but there is a big difference between property damage & violence inside a law making (governing) building, vs outside on the streets.
Please link how many rioters were charged with sedition and or treason vs. the same crimes some of the BLM rioters were charged with. Thank you. Please don't cower and run away.
I dont think treason would never apply to the insurrectionists, but insurrection might or sedition might. But i'm no lawyer.

Knowingly entering and disorderly conduct in any restricted building or grounds;
knowingly engaging in act of physical violence in any restricted building or grounds;
assault on a federal officer with physical contact and intent to commit another felony

perhaps 2 of 6 at most.
How many have been charged to date please?

I can't stop laughing.

My side hurts.
LOL

Yeah, "stormed."

oreqaxutka071.jpg

perhaps 2 of 6 at most.
None yet.

I can't stop laughing.

My side hurts.
LOL

Yeah, "stormed."

oreqaxutka071.jpg

perhaps 2 of 6 at most.
None yet.
Thank you

I can't stop laughing.

My side hurts.
LOL

Yeah, "stormed."

oreqaxutka071.jpg

perhaps 2 of 6 at most.
None yet.
Thank you
if you wish to understand the situation, why it takes so long:

Current debates completely neglect the rebellion or insurrection charge because, unlike sedition, there have been no prosecutions for it since the Civil War. But there is also no precedent for the events of Jan. 6. A novel crime requires a novel prosecution. What made the breach of the Capitol singularly shocking was that it targeted the defining moment of U.S. democracy: the peaceful transfer of power between political parties. Other protests and riots, no matter their excesses, never crossed this nearly unprecedented threshold of attempting to overthrow the government.

I can't stop laughing.

My side hurts.
LOL

Yeah, "stormed."

oreqaxutka071.jpg

perhaps 2 of 6 at most.
None yet.
Thank you
if you wish to understand the situation, why it takes so long:

Current debates completely neglect the rebellion or insurrection charge because, unlike sedition, there have been no prosecutions for it since the Civil War. But there is also no precedent for the events of Jan. 6. A novel crime requires a novel prosecution. What made the breach of the Capitol singularly shocking was that it targeted the defining moment of U.S. democracy: the peaceful transfer of power between political parties. Other protests and riots, no matter their excesses, never crossed this nearly unprecedented threshold of attempting to overthrow the government.
So you see bear spray as an attempt to overthrow the Govt?

What pieces of shit the GOP are -- after the Capitol police put their lives on the line for those very same backstabbing scum.
Cops put their lives on the line in dealing with violent criminals everyday, but progressives don't seem to care about that when they defend violent suspects that get shot by cops.
Oh? Who here defended any sick fucks killing cops....
If you sympathize with "All Cops are Bastards", that's pretty much the same thing. Plenty of people here and on the left in general support Antifa, which has that motto among others.

The House votes today to launch a bipartisan investigation into Insurrection Day ...

Democrats & Republicans reached a deal to bring this to a vote. The agreement includes a bipartisan commission with equal numbers of Democrats and Republicans leading the investigation ... and the investigation will be about January 6th, 2001 only and will not include any other violence by anybody else.
The Left is Investigating a thing that did not happen. The people who are like cry babies are the people who accuse others of being a cry baby. The Left is speaking of themselves. Satan does that through people. Art will reveal what is in the mind of whoever.

The Left is Investigating a thing that did not happen. The people who are like cry babies are the people who accuse others of being a cry baby. The Left is speaking of themselves. Satan does that through people. Art will reveal what is in the mind of whoever.
The house is investigating an attack on the Capitol. You saying that didn't happen??

This is a bona-fide fool.

Forum List

Back