House Republicans To Gut Ethics Watchdog

Well, he doesn't have Obamas phone and pen to change it yet, and I'm not sure he could change it with an Executive-elect Order.

this is what the GOP congress is up too late at night . Getting rid of those pesky ethics rules !

Republicans just gutted Congress' ethics panel. Elizabeth Warren's response is PRICELESS.

n a Monday night vote, Rep. Robert Goodlatte (R-Virginia) introduced a series of rules that would gut the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) — an independent, nonpartisan agency set up by then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-California) in 2008 after several members of Congress were jailed for corruption and various other crimes. The vote comes the night before a crop of new Republican members of Congress will be sworn in. Among other things, Goodlatte’s proposed language would prevent the ethics agency from contacting law enforcement if they identify a crime.

Oh boy here we go, wonder what they are up to... We need to keep a good eye out everyday.

What do you expect him to do? What control does he have over congressional rules?

I expect him to grow up and stop tweeting stupid shit like a jr high kid.
Triggered

Well, he doesn't have Obamas phone and pen to change it yet, and I'm not sure he could change it with an Executive-elect Order.

Don has not come to save the american public, he simply can't, that's on us, and we've obviously not had enough yet.

What do you expect him to do? What control does he have over congressional rules?

Triggered

Very easily isn't he.

The 'Ethics Committee' has been a JOKE for a very long time, almost as much as our non-existent / extremely Broken 'Checks and Balances'.

Asking the fox to govern and regulate it's own activities is ludicrous. The 'Ethics Committee' should be comprised of independent, outside, objective, non-partisan group. Congress / Washington Politicians should have no role / seat on that commission / panel.

As it is, the Obama administration has been the most lawless in US history.

Where was the ethics board when Hussein used the IRS to spy on and punish political enemies and then used "executive privilege" to prevent the IRS chief from testifying? Where was the ethics board when Hussein used threats and intimidation to get the abomination of a health care bill passed? Where was the ethics board when an obscure you tube video was blamed for the Benghazi attack? Drain the swamp.

You're right, we don't need no stinking ethics.
Well you've been fine without them til now!

Why not use AG....Corruption is just another word for crime and instead of handing out meaningless slaps on the wrist send em to jail

Doesn't sound like the ethics committee has done much so far. In fact it seems to have ignored quite a few things.

Its function depends on who's doing the watching and who they report to.

Triggered

Very easily isn't he.
I was talking about YOU

I would like to see the reason...odds are it turned into a bash the GOP machine, going after the GOP while ignoring the democrats and their continuous corruption.....we'll see......

When Newt and the GOP won congress in 1994, they had a rule that if a head of a committtee came under indictment for any reason they would have to surrender their leadership role....then, a democrat prosecutor went after Tom Delay with false charges, sat 2-3 grand juries to get an indictment and then got Tom Delay kicked out of leadership....and he was found not guilty after all the legal attacks by the democrats...

So I wouldn't be too fast to attack the GOP on this...the democrats fight total war..and odds are they took over this ethics board and used it as a weapon....

I would like to see the reason...odds are it turned into a bash the GOP machine, going after the GOP while ignoring the democrats and their continuous corruption.....we'll see......

The reason is that the story is fake news.

What the GOP did was to take the independent ethics audit board, a witch hunt created by Pelosi and co. in 2008 and roll them into the long established congressional ethics committee

{After eight years of operation, many members believe the Office of Congressional Ethics is in need of reform to protect due process and ensure it is operating according to its stated mission. I want to make clear that this House will hold its members to the highest ethical standards and the Office will continue to operate independently to provide public accountability to Congress," Ryan released in a statement Tuesday. "The Office will continue to be governed by a bipartisan independent outside board with ultimate decision-making authority. The Office is still expected to take in complaints of wrongdoing from the public. It will still investigate them thoroughly and independently. And the outside board will still decide whether or not evidence exists to warrant a full investigation by the House Ethics Committee."}

After Ethics Vote, Speaker Ryan Tries To Reassure Americans Politicians Will Still Be Held Accountable

This was a redundant agency and a waste of taxpayer money. They have NEVER done anything, since the day Pelosi created them in hopes of spearing Republicans back in 2008.

House GOP Votes to Put Independent Ethics Board Under Lawmakers’ Control

Lawmakers want to police themselves? GTFO with this nonsense

Stop reading fake news like the NY Times.

The story is a fraud, this is simply rolling the independent board into the already existing ethics committee.
That is the Wallstreet Journal dumbass

Fake news is fake news.

This is fake news, regardless of the source.

this is what the GOP congress is up too. Getting rid of those pesky ethics rules !

Republicans just gutted Congress' ethics panel. Elizabeth Warren's response is PRICELESS.

Meh... you fucks are out of power. The ethics issues will subside.
Rightwing response type 1: Apathy, it doesn't matter, we are in power and we will do it how want to. When were it a Dem, he'd be up to his knees in diarrhea by now. He'd have so shatted on himself.

this is what the GOP congress is up too late at night . Getting rid of those pesky ethics rules !

n a Monday night vote, Rep. Robert Goodlatte (R-Virginia) introduced a series of rules that would gut the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) — an independent, nonpartisan agency set up by then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-California) in 2008 after several members of Congress were jailed for corruption and various other crimes. The vote comes the night before a crop of new Republican members of Congress will be sworn in. Among other things, Goodlatte’s proposed language would prevent the ethics agency from contacting law enforcement if they identify a crime.
They didn't get rid of any ethics rules you babbling dumbfuck

Yeah after several members of the ethics commission went to jail for bribery and corruption charges.
Rightwing response type 2: Bargaining, well, it really doesn't matter, because the commission were all crooks any way. Wouldn't be the same response were it a Dem Administration though.

Lets see….fewer ethics cops running around and more Goldman Sachs types in the hallways of lawmakers.

Whats the worst that could happen?
A booming economy. The libs would consider it Armageddon.
Rightwing response type 1: Apathy, because we're now doing good anyway...so who cares? This palooka would care if it were a Dem though...same economy, different response, depending on who's in charge.

The 'Ethics Committee' has been a JOKE for a very long time, almost as much as our non-existent / extremely Broken 'Checks and Balances'.

Asking the fox to govern and regulate it's own activities is ludicrous. The 'Ethics Committee' should be comprised of independent, outside, objective, non-partisan group. Congress / Washington Politicians should have no role / seat on that commission / panel.

As it is, the Obama administration has been the most lawless in US history.
Rightwing response type 2: Bargaining, because the committee was a joke anyway, so good riddance to bad rubbish. Had, say Obama done the same thing, he'd be singing the praise of a "much needed" ethics Committee.

Folks, we're seeing the start of the corruption of EPIC proportions. Like I said before, this is Bush 3.0, more corrupt, more smarter, and more ruthless.

Strap in folks, we're in for a doozy!

Seems this was their first order of business

Opens up what they want to do next

Forum List

Back