House Republicans To Gut Ethics Watchdog

Where was this alleged ethics committee when Fast and Furious was going on? Lois Lerner and the IRS scandal? How about the fact that the Barrypuppet admin went after whistle blowers with a vengeance??? During the Benghazi scandal CIA operatives were given lie detector tests weekly to see if they were leaking details into how the extremists were able to lift surface to air missiles in Libya that would be used in Syria....how Scott Bennett was persecuted for doing the job he was being asked to do concerning the financing of ISIS/al qaeda...they never figured out that he could actually do it.

What about the Wikileaks revelations showing how Hitlery's private server had been hacked? How the DNC worked to make sure that Bernie Sanders wasn't the nominee? How the DNC and NGOs were sending out paid operatives to disrupt Trump rallies with their paid of media to cover it? Project Veritas that had moles within the DNC validating the Wikileaks e-mails???? There is no oversight at all......none, nada, zero...zilch.
All GOP crap propaganda, dupe. DUH.

Nope, not a fan of the neocon GOP.....you lose.......
You believe all their propaganda duh....

A committee of Congress members to investigate ethics is like a committee of prostitutes enforcing chastity.

I am stealing this from a FB friend of mine because even though I didn't vote? This is relevant and I will be adding my own comments to explain to those that are just aghast that the Hildebeast wasn't given free passge into the WH for a second tour......read, digest and learn.....

"I'm noticing that a lot of you aren't graciously accepting the fact that
your candidate lost. In fact you seem to be posting even more hateful things
about those of us who voted for Trump.
Some of you are apparently "triggered" because you are posting how "sick"
you feel about the results.
How did this happen you ask?
-------------------
You created "us" when you attacked our freedom of speech"
And it has..... because any criticism of Barrrypuppet has been labeled as "racist".....it's like the Barrypuppet shoud be given a free pass and given the benefit of the doubt......seriously?

"You created "us" when you attacked our right to bear arms."

False flag and staged events like Sandy Hook, the Charleston shooting, the Virginia TV reporter shooting, the Aurora movie theater "Batman" shooting event and the Orlando Pulse shooting that were nothing but "made for TV" news fodder complete with crisis actors with enough holes to drive a tank through and that includes the Oregon and San Bernadino staged events. People are not as dumb as they may seem.....the scent of bullshit permeates the air and the agenda of more draconian gun control laws permeats the air.....

"You created "us" when you attacked our Christian beliefs"

Those that cling to their Bibles and guns are a dying aftermath of "bitter clingers" that simply refuse to succumb to liberal indoctrination and need to get with the progressive program.

"you created "us" when you constantly referred to us as racists"
Anything that the Barrypuppet did that people disagreed with didn't disagree because it didn't fall in line with their belief system..they disagreed because it had to do with the tint ofBarrypuppet's skin....and it had it been someone that was Caucasian that proposed these draconian measures? We would have just be fine with it......

You created "us" when you constantly called us xenophobic"

Wanting a secured border made one afraid of people from other countries even though USA.INC has always had the most generous immigration program of any other country. What we resented was an open border where people could come over and squirt out an "anchor baby" and then claim they they and their child was entitled to benefits that they had never contributed to...,....

You created "us" when you told us to get on board or get out of the way"

Remember how Barrypuppet told the repub party that they could come along for the ride on the barrypuppet "hope and change" train but that they would have to ride in back? I do......

You created "us" when you forced us to buy health care and then
financially penalized us for not participating"

This backdoored piece of legislation turned full time employees into part-time employees and that was all by design to make these part-time employees dependent on the largess of "da gubermint" while leaving those that were not be liable to pick up part of the tab for the others while seeing the costs of their healthcare plan double and triple.......like your plan? like your doctor? you can keep it": bullshit???? Remember that? I do.......

You created "us" when you lied and said we could keep our insurance plans
and our doctors.
You created "us" when you allowed our jobs to continue to leave our
country.
You created "us" when you attacked our flag.
You created "us" when you took God out of our schools.
You created "us" when you confused women's rights with feminism.
You created "us" when you began to emasculate men.
You created "us" when you decided to make our children soft.
You created “us” When you decided to rewrite school history books and
remove the truth about our founders
You created "us" when you decided to vote for progressive ideals.
You created "us" when you attacked our way of life.
You created "us" when you decided to let our government get out of control.
"You" created "us" the silent majority.
You created "us" when you began murdering innocent law enforcement
officers.
You created "us" when you took a knee, or stayed seated or didn't remove
your hat during our National Anthem.
And we became fed up and we pushed back and spoke up.
And we did it with ballots, not bullets.
With ballots, not riots.
With ballots, not looting.
With ballots, not blocking traffic.
With ballots, not fires, except the one you started inside of "us".
"YOU" created "US". It really is just that simple.

Where was this alleged ethics committee when Fast and Furious was going on? Lois Lerner and the IRS scandal? How about the fact that the Barrypuppet admin went after whistle blowers with a vengeance??? During the Benghazi scandal CIA operatives were given lie detector tests weekly to see if they were leaking details into how the extremists were able to lift surface to air missiles in Libya that would be used in Syria....how Scott Bennett was persecuted for doing the job he was being asked to do concerning the financing of ISIS/al qaeda...they never figured out that he could actually do it.

What about the Wikileaks revelations showing how Hitlery's private server had been hacked? How the DNC worked to make sure that Bernie Sanders wasn't the nominee? How the DNC and NGOs were sending out paid operatives to disrupt Trump rallies with their paid of media to cover it? Project Veritas that had moles within the DNC validating the Wikileaks e-mails???? There is no oversight at all......none, nada, zero...zilch.
All GOP crap propaganda, dupe. DUH.

So, are you saying that the DNC didn't conspire to steal the nomination from Sanders??? Are you saying that the DNC didn't work to usurp the democratic process by conspiring with the lamestream media to pay operatives to cause disruptions at Trump rallies??? Is that what you are contending???? Yes or no....it's really just that simple.....

You people reason like children. The obvious point is that republicans are dissolving the committee because they are corrupt pieces of shit. Let's pretend you're right and the committee hasn't been holding enough people accountable for their actions. The solution isn't to be defeatist pussies and get rid of it. You fix what's wrong with it. You find out what the flaws are and fix them. That's what problem solving means.

I think you ass clowns will say anything to defend the actions of the GOP. You're such sheep.

The neocons are just as corrupt as the fabian socilaist left and I notice that you couldn't address anything that I brought up because in YOUR world? Leftard = good....end justifies the means.......so blow it out of your ass.
All of those scandals are bedsides the point. We both know you're too much a pussy to admit the GOP are a bunch of scumbags. You would rather deflect to shit about democrats

You people reason like children. The obvious point is that republicans are dissolving the committee because they are corrupt pieces of shit. Let's pretend you're right and the committee hasn't been holding enough people accountable for their actions. The solution isn't to be defeatist pussies and get rid of it. You fix what's wrong with it. You find out what the flaws are and fix them. That's what problem solving means.

I think you ass clowns will say anything to defend the actions of the GOP. You're such sheep.

The neocons are just as corrupt as the fabian socilaist left and I notice that you couldn't address anything that I brought up because in YOUR world? Leftard = good....end justifies the means.......so blow it out of your ass.
All of those scandals are bedsides the point. We both know you're too much a pussy to admit the GOP are a bunch of scumbags. You would rather deflect to shit about democrats

Ummmm, I mentioned the neocons......you ignored that just like you ignore the scandals of the leftard clown posse........you seem to be fine with thje scandals of the Barrypuppet but yet you are wringing your hands about scandals that have yet to happen...why is that?????

You people reason like children. The obvious point is that republicans are dissolving the committee because they are corrupt pieces of shit.

Well, it's clear from you that Democrats are incapable of doing anything wrong. Tell me, what did this committee do to ensure proper ethics were upheld by the Democrats when they were in power?

Why keep this committee when it doesn't do its job? I find it more of an oxymoron... our Congress investigating its own ethics?

I laughed more than I should have.
You people are so stupid. Again the obvious point is that if Repubs cared about holding corrupt politicians accountable, they would fix any flaws they see in the committee. Quit deflecting to democrat scandals and admit how much of scumbags Repubs are for dissolving this program.

Ummmm, I mentioned the neocons......you ignored that just like you ignore the scandals of the leftard clown posse........you seem to be fine with thje scandals of the Barrypuppet but yet you are wringing your hands about scandals that have yet to happen...why is that?????
Yeah you said "neocons". That isn't addressing the actual issue.

You people reason like children. The obvious point is that republicans are dissolving the committee because they are corrupt pieces of shit.

Well, it's clear from you that Democrats are incapable of doing anything wrong. Tell me, what did this committee do to ensure proper ethics were upheld by the Democrats when they were in power?

Why keep this committee when it doesn't do its job? I find it more of an oxymoron... our Congress investigating its own ethics?

You people are so stupid. Again the obvious point is that if Repubs cared about holding corrupt politicians accountable, they would fix any flaws they see in the committee. Quit deflecting to democrat scandals and admit how much of scumbags Repubs are for dissolving this program.

What did this committee do about "outing" the corruption of the Barrypuppet????? Examples?????

If we are going to have an ethics committee it should be an independent body made up of people in no way connected to anyone in government.

Having congress pick its own ethics committee is letting the inmates run the asylum

Yeah you said "neocons". That isn't addressing the actual issue.

So...what did this "committee" do about Barrypuppett???? Have you some examples of their bi-partisan investigations??????

That's Congress. They are beholden to nobody but themselves.

I have never figured out why Congress investigates any and everyone, but there is nobody to investigate Congress. I don't see the sense in that. Yes, the really big deal stuff surfaces, but there's no telling what else goes on, and you know there has to be plenty because nobody's looking and nobody can, and Congresspeople are politicians and more in need of money, favors and quid pro quos than presidential candidates and executive branch officials.

“Evidently, ethics are the first casualty of the new Republican Congress.”

I think that won't be the only ethics casualty.

Yep, it's no surprise that "ethics" would be the first casualty of the new Republican Congress. They are not only not draining the swamp - they are trying to hide the swamp.

They can't hide the swamp, but they sure 'nuff don't want nobody diggin' through the mud at the bottom.

What did this committee do about "outing" the corruption of the Barrypuppet????? Examples?????
Quit deflecting from the point. You already know my response. If Repubs actually cared about holding politicians accountable, they would fix any problems with the committee.

My personal opinion on the scandals you listed are irrelevant and you know it. If you want to discuss those scandals, make a thread on them.

Quit deflecting from the point. You already know my response. If Repubs actually cared about holding politicians accountable, they would fix any problems with the committee.

My personal opinion on the scandals you listed are irrelevant and you know it. If you want to discuss those scandals, make a thread on them.

Yeah. they are not relevant because it was leftards that did them........look the other way, right???? Leftards never do anything wrong in the eyes of a sheeple like you...I "get that".....

Yeah. they are not relevant because it was leftards that did them........look the other way, right???? Leftards never do anything wrong in the eyes of a sheeple like you...I "get that".....
They aren't relevant to the topic you dumbass. You're just making an excuse to deflect to bitching about democrats rather than being a man and addressing how fucking corrupt the GOP is.

WASHINGTON ― As one of their first actions in the new Congress, House Republicans are planning to significantly change the Office of Congressional Ethics, removing the entity’s independence, barring it from investigating anonymous complaints and even changing the group’s name.

Less than 24 hours before the House convenes and votes on its rules for the 115th Congress, Republicans adopted an amendment Monday night, 119 to 74, from Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) that would fundamentally change the OCE. The independent ethics board investigates complaints against members and issues reports to the Ethics Committee.

Specifically, the amendment would place the OCE under the “oversight” of the lenient Ethics Committee and rename it the Office of Congressional Complaint Review. The new group would no longer be able to release information to the public, employ anyone “for a position involving communications with the public,” or directly contact law enforcement without approval. It would also be prohibited from investigating anonymous complaints.

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said the change would “functionally destroy” the office.

“Republicans claim they want to ‘drain the swamp,’ but the night before the new Congress gets sworn in, the House GOP has eliminated the only independent ethics oversight of their actions,” Pelosi said. “Evidently, ethics are the first casualty of the new Republican Congress.”

More: House Republicans To Gut Ethics Watchdog | The Huffington Post

Yep, it's no surprise that "ethics" would be the first casualty of the new Republican Congress. They are not only not draining the swamp - they are trying to hide the swamp. More governance behind closed doors - without releasing information to the public.
DRAIN THE SWAMP!!! lol

They are not relevant to sheeple like you because they certainly haven't bothered to shine light on the corruption of the leftard clown posse. I'm not a

They aren't relevant to the topic you dumbass. You're just making an excuse to deflect to bitching about democrats rather than being a man and addressing how fucking corrupt the GOP is.

The GOP neocons and the leftard clown posse are corrupt to the core......have you ever seen a post where I claim that either bought and paid for political party has the high road? You are the one that wants to pretend that leftard are unfairly persecuted.. You are a fucking joke, dude.......clueless and you take pride in it......

Ah america, a bastion of liberty and democracy for all the world to admire. No wonder we have to export this shit via violence.

Forum List

Back