House GOP’s First Vote? A Gift To Wealthy Tax Cheats

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
The first “policy” vote of the new Republican-controlled House of Representatives continued with their theme of capitulation to the extreme right, and more pointedly the people who fundthe political careers of the far right. They voted along party lines, 221 to 210, to rescind the more than $70 billion in IRS funding included in the Inflation Reduction Act to help the agency modernize and more effectively do its job.

The Congressional Budget Office scored the bill, and determined that if that $70 billion was rescinded for real (it won’t be, the Senate won’t do it), it would decrease federal revenue by more than double that amount—$186 billion. That’s $186 billion in lost revenue FOR the nation’s coffers between now and 2032. That means it would actually cost the nation more than $114 billion in the next decade.

Yes, the party of fiscal responsibility.

Yep. Explode the deficit $100 billion on the first day, to give Elon Musk, and David Koch a tax cut.

Actually.....
Those IRS agents were destined to come after YOU. Not Billionaires.

You are an ingrate. You should be thanking those who voted to stop the IRS from attacking poor people already paying nearly all their income in taxes.
The Feral Government already takes FAR more than it was ever designed to. Maybe instead of wasting trillions on Pork spending special interest projects overseas, more if it should actually help the people paying it?
Maybe YOU should focus your attention on the border where millions are flooding the country and will end up needing more Feral government assistance ultimately further hurting poor Americans.

Why are you so eager to enrich already wealthy politicians and leave lower income folks hungry?

PS.
It's NOT "LOST REVENUE" idiot. It's money that belongs to individual people who need it to pay rent and eat that the Feral government STEALS BY FORCE.
You sick people worship the Feral government as a God in and of itself. Are you Communist?
And the vast majority of your political wealth is in the hands of Democrats by the way.

Last edited:
The first “policy” vote of the new Republican-controlled House of Representatives continued with their theme of capitulation to the extreme right, and more pointedly the people who fundthe political careers of the far right. They voted along party lines, 221 to 210, to rescind the more than $70 billion in IRS funding included in the Inflation Reduction Act to help the agency modernize and more effectively do its job.

The Congressional Budget Office scored the bill, and determined that if that $70 billion was rescinded for real (it won’t be, the Senate won’t do it), it would decrease federal revenue by more than double that amount—$186 billion. That’s $186 billion in lost revenue FOR the nation’s coffers between now and 2032. That means it would actually cost the nation more than $114 billion in the next decade.

Yep. Explode the deficit $100 billion on the first day, to give Elon Musk, and David Koch a tax cut.
No, it was the general public who arent rich who have been livid over hiring these agents. This was done for us, not the rich. :cuckoo:

Republicans clearly understand the evil WEF strategy contained in the puppet Democrat party's thwarted plan.

A great blow against the control the WEF requires and which brainless Democrats were blissfully happy to provide .

Whilst no particular apologist for The Donald, I can see how this move reinforces the cry to America to MAGA .

Well done the smart party .

The $70 billion IRS agents was all a scam to start with. Biden promised to make the "rich" pay their fair share. But what does he do? He pretends he is going to hire thousands and thousands of new agents even though business can't even get enough people to run a register at McD's.

He then enact measures to go after the poor to pay for his programs. It was all an act to pretend his bills were going to get paid for when they never were.

The IRS was never going to be able to hire all these agents but that money would still be there to be spent. The IRS has appx 95,000 people working there now. If 95,000 can't handle the returns of the "rich", well, maybe we need to make the returns far, far, simpler.

/——-/ democRATs and RINOs spend $1.7 trillion we don’t have and can’t even bother reading the damn bill. Then wants us to account for every $600 we spend of our own money.
Well, too bad for you that the adults are in charge now.

Last edited:
The $70 billion IRS agents was all a scam to start with. Biden promised to make the "rich" pay their fair share. But what does he do? He pretends he is going to hire thousands and thousands of new agents even though business can't even get enough people to run a register at McD's.
Um, the Senate will undoubtedly pass a version bill. Plus really? You want private interest burger flippers hired ahead of obviously needed, public interest accountants? The Congressional Budget Office scoring means absolutely nothing to you? Have you always gone so far out of your way to defend billionaire tax cheats or is this a new low?

He then enact measures to go after the poor to pay for his programs. It was all an act to pretend his bills were going to get paid for when they never were.

The IRS was never going to be able to hire all these agents but that money would still be there to be spent. The IRS has appx 95,000 people working there now. If 95,000 can't handle the returns of the "rich", well, maybe we need to make the returns far, far, simpler.

Not so sure.
The Left sure does love to expand government.
Maybe they would have only hired 40,000 more. Who knows for sure.
What seems certain is that no matter which party is in power, the wealthiest do fantastic.

Your last line might be partially accurate, but the idea for all those new agents was to go after the NON RICH.

Um, the Senate will undoubtedly pass a version bill. Plus really? You want private interest burger flippers hired ahead of obviously needed, public interest accountants? The Congressional Budget Office scoring means absolutely nothing to you? Have you always gone so far out of your way to defend billionaire tax cheats or is this a new low?

You understood what I was saying, there was no need to try and spin it. You are the one defending billionaire tax cheats. You don't go after billionaire tax cheats by making sure anyone who gets $600 in their Paypal account gets a 1099.

If 95,000 agents are not able to address the billionaires, the IRS has a far bigger problem.

/——/ Billionaire tax cheats? Got any proof or is this another democRAT ploy to investigate people until they discover a crime?

You understood what I was saying, there was no need to try and spin it. You are the one defending billionaire tax cheats. You don't go after billionaire tax cheats by making sure anyone who gets $600 in their Paypal account gets a 1099.

If 95,000 agents are not able to address the billionaires, the IRS has a far bigger problem.
LOL. Exactly where did I say anything supporting more 1099s? Fantasy^
Fact:

Wow, you really got nuthin'!

You can address what I actually say or try and spin it to suit your purpose. Whatever.

Whether you "support" the 1099 thing or not, is irrelevant. It is what was done. Your opinion of it changes nothing.

You don't go after billionaire tax cheats by making sure anyone who gets $600 in their Paypal account gets a 1099.
Not gonna happen for at least another year..
And, technically, the IRS has been requiring reporting the same income all along anyway:
It is important to note that this delay in the $600 Form 1099-K reporting requirements does not change the rules regarding taxability of income. As before, taxpayers must report all income on their tax return, whether they received a Form 1099 or not. Taxpayers should continue to track and report their taxable income from all sources electronic and nonelectronic.
Now, have addressed (rebutted) some of the nonsense you actually said or not?

Those 94,000 cannot even handle the returns of the middle class, they are a year behind processing returns.

I have documented my struggles with the IRS on here a few times, been fighting them since 2021. Actually got a email from my lawyer telling me the IRS still has not completed our case and also they have not even processed my 2021 taxes, though they did cash my check I sent with them.

The problem with the IRS is that they are the only agency where when they say you are guilty you have to prove your innocence.

I have been paying them 435 dollars a month to keep them from garnishing our wages while they "process" the returns I sent them to prove that I had indeed filed our taxes in the years they said I did not.

I personally am all for the hiring more people if they can actually do the job and get the IRS caught up.

Forum List

Back