House GOP’s First Vote? A Gift To Wealthy Tax Cheats

I've paid $810 to the IRS this year already and it's only Jan 10th. The IRS got the money automatically, no agent needed to garnish my check. I'm a teacher, not a wealthy elitist, so my district just takes the money off the top.

Now the IRS needs 70 Billion dollars to hire agents to make sure I'm not cheating?

Not gonna happen for at least another year..
And, technically, the IRS has been requiring reporting the same income all along anyway:

Now, have addressed (rebutted) some of the nonsense you actually said or not?

I started the original thread on the delay of the reporting requirements and it actually goes to show it all was a scam. 1 we won't be getting this tax money to pay for his bill and 2. it shows it was all thrown quickly together without any planning or for thought just to pretend things were going to be paid for.

There was no process put in place to address all the questions which caused it to be delayed. It was never meant to be anything but cover for more debt.

Those 94,000 cannot even handle the returns of the middle class, they are a year behind processing returns.

I have documented my struggles with the IRS on here a few times, been fighting them since 2021. Actually got a email from my lawyer telling me the IRS still has not completed our case and also they have not even processed my 2021 taxes, though they did cash my check I sent with them.

The problem with the IRS is that they are the only agency where when they say you are guilty you have to prove your innocence.

I have been paying them 435 dollars a month to keep them from garnishing our wages while they "process" the returns I sent them to prove that I had indeed filed our taxes in the years they said I did not.
I've experienced the same with my 2020 taxes. Still unprocessed, thought they quickly cashed the check.
I personally am all for the hiring more people if they can actually do the job and get the IRS caught up.
What in the world would make you think they might use those people to get the IRS caught up? If the past is any guide - and isn't it always - those agents will be investigating political enemies.

Those 94,000 cannot even handle the returns of the middle class, they are a year behind processing returns.

I have documented my struggles with the IRS on here a few times, been fighting them since 2021. Actually got a email from my lawyer telling me the IRS still has not completed our case and also they have not even processed my 2021 taxes, though they did cash my check I sent with them.

The problem with the IRS is that they are the only agency where when they say you are guilty you have to prove your innocence.

I have been paying them 435 dollars a month to keep them from garnishing our wages while they "process" the returns I sent them to prove that I had indeed filed our taxes in the years they said I did not.

I personally am all for the hiring more people if they can actually do the job and get the IRS caught up.

If that is the case, the problem is a far too complicated tax system. It took an entire state (NY) to audit Trump's business returns. The answer is a simpler system, not billions and billions more in funding.

If that is the case, the problem is a far too complicated tax system. It took an entire state (NY) to audit Trump's business returns. The answer is a simpler system, not billions and billions more in funding.

There is nothing to gain by the politicians for making our tax code simple. You do not think it got this complicated by accident do you?

I've experienced the same with my 2020 taxes. Still unprocessed, thought they quickly cashed the check.

What in the world would make you think they might use those people to get the IRS caught up? If the past is any guide - and isn't it always - those agents will be investigating political enemies.

They have more than enough agents to investigate political enemies. They need a few more to do the actual paper work required.

There is nothing to gain by the politicians for making our tax code simple. You do not think it got this complicated by accident do you?

They can only think this way because they know we will re-elect and re-elect them.

They can only think this way because they know we will re-elect and re-elect them.

And they are correct.

Just look at how many people on this forum would never dare not vote for their chosen beloved party.

You want private interest burger flippers hired ahead of obviously needed, public interest accountants?

Those burger flippers make my lunch every day. And in the process, they make an honest living.

Your “obviously needed, public interest accountants” are willing, knowing accessories to robbery, extortion, corruption, and fraud.

Yes, I will definitely choose to support the burger flippers, here.

Politicians follow orders from their corporate campaign donors who also supply lobbyists galore to hog the lion's share of consideration time. We certainly don't want this complex tax code and there's always way more of us than them. So is it "the politicians" or the billionaires (hiding behind their tax cheating corporations) who really wish to complicate the tax code, slash IRS funding, and make life ever more miserable for the tiny business owner / independent contractor? Both major Parties obviously support Big Business and the Billionaires. This need not be a partisan issue.

The $70 billion IRS agents was all a scam to start with. Biden promised to make the "rich" pay their fair share. But what does he do? He pretends he is going to hire thousands and thousands of new agents even though business can't even get enough people to run a register at McD's.

He then enact measures to go after the poor to pay for his programs. It was all an act to pretend his bills were going to get paid for when they never were.

The IRS was never going to be able to hire all these agents but that money would still be there to be spent. The IRS has appx 95,000 people working there now. If 95,000 can't handle the returns of the "rich", well, maybe we need to make the returns far, far, simpler.
A good start would be to make the 95,000 there put in a full day. I know someone who works for the IRS, and goes in one day a week. The rest of the time he logs on, and then goes to check on his rental properties, coordinating repairs, looking at replacement appliances, etc.

In fact, the entire government should make their workers come into the office. The redundancy alone is unbelievable, and then when you add in the fact that the redundant employees are “working” at home for full pay, it’s a double whammy.

My own niece has admitted to me that her $150,000 job at a government agency is really a part-time gig.

Politicians follow orders from their corporate campaign donors who also supply lobbyists galore to hog the lion's share of consideration time. We certainly don't want this complex tax code and there's always way more of us than them. So is it "the politicians" or the billionaires (hiding behind their tax cheating corporations) who really wish to complicate the tax code, slash IRS funding, and make life ever more miserable for the tiny business owner / independent contractor? Both major Parties obviously support Big Business and the Billionaires. This need not be a partisan issue.

You are correct, it is not a partisan issue, it is a duopoly issue. Both parties benefit greatly from the complicated tax codes and all the social engineering included in it.

The first “policy” vote of the new Republican-controlled House of Representatives continued with their theme of capitulation to the extreme right, and more pointedly the people who fundthe political careers of the far right. They voted along party lines, 221 to 210, to rescind the more than $70 billion in IRS funding included in the Inflation Reduction Act to help the agency modernize and more effectively do its job.

The Congressional Budget Office scored the bill, and determined that if that $70 billion was rescinded for real (it won’t be, the Senate won’t do it), it would decrease federal revenue by more than double that amount—$186 billion. That’s $186 billion in lost revenue FOR the nation’s coffers between now and 2032. That means it would actually cost the nation more than $114 billion in the next decade.

Yes, the party of fiscal responsibility.

Yep. Explode the deficit $100 billion on the first day, to give Elon Musk, and David Koch a tax cut.
More howler monkey babbling. You don't know what they did, all you can do is cut and paste what some other lying howler monkey claims.

The first “policy” vote of the new Republican-controlled House of Representatives continued with their theme of capitulation to the extreme right, and more pointedly the people who fundthe political careers of the far right. They voted along party lines, 221 to 210, to rescind the more than $70 billion in IRS funding included in the Inflation Reduction Act to help the agency modernize and more effectively do its job.

The Congressional Budget Office scored the bill, and determined that if that $70 billion was rescinded for real (it won’t be, the Senate won’t do it), it would decrease federal revenue by more than double that amount—$186 billion. That’s $186 billion in lost revenue FOR the nation’s coffers between now and 2032. That means it would actually cost the nation more than $114 billion in the next decade.

Yes, the party of fiscal responsibility.

Yep. Explode the deficit $100 billion on the first day, to give Elon Musk, and David Koch a tax cut.
Defending the IRS would be very popular. I can see how you are scared of this bill...lol

Politicians are millionaires. They want to benefit from the tax code, too.

You are correct, it is not a partisan issue, it is a duopoly issue.
Of course. I'm always correct, lol.
Both parties benefit greatly from the complicated tax codes and all the social engineering included in it.
They certainly maintain one another by cooperating to keep all competition at bay, but how exactly does either major Party "benefit greatly from the complicated tax codes"? The billionaires alone "benefit greatly." One glance at how their wealth has mushroomed while the rest have been losing ground should make that patently clear.

Of course. I'm always correct, lol.

They certainly maintain one another by cooperating to keep all competition at bay, but how exactly does either major Party "benefit greatly from the complicated tax codes"? The billionaires alone "benefit greatly." One glance at how their wealth has mushroomed while the rest have been losing ground should make that patently clear.
I'm not a billionaire and I benefit from the tax code. I enjoy the hell out of deducting donations that don't have to be documented...lol

A good start would be to make the 95,000 there put in a full day. I know someone who works for the IRS, and goes in one day a week. The rest of the time he logs on, and then goes to check on his rental properties, coordinating repairs, looking at replacement appliances, etc.

In fact, the entire government should make their workers come into the office. The redundancy alone is unbelievable, and then when you add in the fact that the redundant employees are “working” at home for full pay, it’s a double whammy.

My own niece has admitted to me that her $150,000 job at a government agency is really a part-time gig.

Lie.

Forum List

Back