Homosexuality and Mental Health~

These days, there are subjects where no honest study would be tolerated, like race vs. IQ, or the causes of homosexuality. But, the weight of the evidence is that no one is destined to be a homosexual by condition at birth.

"...the weight of the evidence is that no one is destined to be a homosexual by condition at birth". Wow. Please post the weighty evidence, all I've ever heard from gay & lesbian activists is they knew at an early age they were different.

empirical data....

richard_simmons.jpg

That guy must be a liberal, he's so...not fat!

These days, there are subjects where no honest study would be tolerated, like race vs. IQ, or the causes of homosexuality. But, the weight of the evidence is that no one is destined to be a homosexual by condition at birth.

"...the weight of the evidence is that no one is destined to be a homosexual by condition at birth". Wow. Please post the weighty evidence, all I've ever heard from gay & lesbian activists is they knew at an early age they were different.
I know of no heterosexuals being "converted" either.

"These days" IQ tests include spatial and pattern recognition. What reputable studies show being gay is a decision, and why would one make that decision?

Pattern recognition?

Show me one "reputable" study that attempts to challenge the doctrine that people are born homosexual.

Why challenge it?

The idea is politically motivated, not scientific.

One's sex is hormonal and genetic. One's sexual preferences are learned.

Last edited:
I personally think that Dependent Personality Disorder is discriminatory to southern women because southern women are brought up to be dependedent and manipulative. But, I guess there is no political movement with which to get it redacted from the DSM IV TR. I also have to wonder if schizophrenics could lobby hard enough to have their disease declared to be normal.
That would depend on what, if any, discriminatory practices schizophrenics are subject to as a class of persons.

Is there evidence, for example, that could be submitted to a court justifying restrictions? Are schizophrenics capable of functioning independently without treatment, posing threat to neither self nor society?

The fact that homosexuals are capable of living productive, independent lives with no treatment at all – either initially or ongoing – would indicate their ‘condition’ is not ‘mental illness,’ and never was.

Indeed, this lack of evidence with regard to homosexuals being ‘ill’ is a contributing factor leading to courts striking down laws preempting the rights of homosexuals.

If schizophrenics believe they’re being subject to discriminatory practices as a consequence of their mental illness, they’re free to file suit in Federal court challenging such policies. But submitting compelling evidence in support of their case will likely prove difficult, if not impossible.

And yes, there are varying degrees of ‘mental illness,’ it could be argued we’re all ‘mentally ill’ in some respect, but it ultimately comes down to what can be proven in court of law, independent of political pressure or APA designations.

Homosexuality is a choice.....not an illness.

In your opinion only, which is legally irrelevant.

BTW, I'll put a comma any damned where I please,,,,,,,,,,
lol

Yet, your homosexual activists are unable to identify a gene or hormone level, or any underlying biological cause, especially one present at birth. Maybe your homosexual friends need to look at their childhood experiences and what their values are?

Whatever gave you the idea that I am 'upset.' This is a thread for intellectual discussion. It was started off with a history of homosexuality and how various scholars have viewed it.

BTW, I'll put a comma any damned where I please,,,,,,,,,,

Intellectual? If you say so.

What is your point in starting this thread?

To have a discussion. This IS a discussion forum. DUH!
Apparently homosexuality is very important to you.

The fact that homosexuals are capable of living productive, independent lives with no treatment at all – either initially or ongoing – would indicate their ‘condition’ is not ‘mental illness,’ and never was.

It's common for mentally ill people to live "productive" lives, that doesn't make their mental illness anything less than a mental illness. But, when they let their mental illness guide their lives, they become a burden on society, like homosexuals molesting teenagers and spreading AIDS.

It's common for mentally ill people to live "productive" lives, that doesn't make their mental illness anything less than a mental illness. But, when they let their mental illness guide their lives, they become a burden on society, like homosexuals molesting teenagers and spreading AIDS.

We all hope you’re receiving the mental health therapy you so clearly need.

So you are saying that being gay is SO negative that no one would choose it.
I find myself unable to make that choice. I cannot see gay americans as "different".

And as one of my teachers used to say, 'no choice is still a choice.'

who cares if its a choice..its a choice a free person should be able to decide for themselves

most of the gay men i know are very successful, drive nice cars, take awesome vacations and give their lovers very nice gifts.

i still can't bring myself to fuck one.

choice, riiight :lol:

most of the gay men i know are very successful, drive nice cars, take awesome vacations and give their lovers very nice gifts.

i still can't bring myself to fuck one.

choice, riiight :lol:

if there was not a measure of choice involved then why where the roman soldiers all buggering each other ?..why is homosexuality much more prevalent in prisons or during certain times or in certain cultures ?

"These days" IQ tests include spatial and pattern recognition. What reputable studies show being gay is a decision, and why would one make that decision?

Pattern recognition?

Show me one "reputable" study that attempts to challenge the doctrine that people are born homosexual.

Perhaps you should answer her question... if you understand it.

As for IQ, there is a great deal of evidence that IQ is, in substantial part, based on cultural norms and the absence of certain cultural norms or social knowledge, IQ scores become lower.

Your point?

Forum List

Back