Homosexual declarations of children of homosexuals brings gay lifestyle into question..

Uh huh. Okay, first of all, your first sentence made no actual sense. Maybe dial back on your "how DARE you!" outrage enough to be coherent, huh?

OK, I screwed up the first sentence! Sue me. Here it is again:

It's stunning to me, to listen to you people rant and rave about this issue, claiming that kids need a mother and a father, while having the temerity to expect that your appeals to ignorance will convince anybody except those who already agree with you.

Second of all, perhaps you could define for me what would constitute "credible evidence" in your books, and not immediately be met with your fingers shooting into your ears while you scream, "Doesn't prove anything, because REASONS!"

A scientifically well constructed, peer reviewed study by well credentialed professionals who do not have a political agenda. Oh what? You don't know what that looks like. Here, try this on for size:

I
n a project launched last month, a team at Columbia Law School has collected on one website the abstracts of all peer-reviewed studies that have addressed this question since 1980 so that anyone can examine the research directly, and not rely on talking heads or potential groupthink. Even when we might not agree with a study’s conclusions—with how a researcher interpreted the data—we still included it if it went through peer review and was relevant to the topic at hand. Peer review, of course, isn’t perfect, but it’s one of the best ways the world has to ensure that research conclusions are at least the product of good-faith efforts to get at the truth.

The Columbia project is the largest collection of peer-reviewed scholarship on gay parenting to date. What does it show? We found 71 studies concluding that kids with gay parents fare no worse than others and only four concluding that they had problems. But those four studies all suffered from the same gross limitation: The children with gay parents were lumped in with children of family breakup, a cohort known to face higher risks linked to the trauma of family dissolution.

Even the notion that some try to put forth that there are no good studies is wrong...the studies, while not perfect do give us a very good idea on the conclusions and that is that gay homes are not better nor worse.
Here is a link to all the studies

https://whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-wellbeing-of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/

I should add, the consensus that kids in gay homes do just as well as kids in straight homes is recognized

LGBT parenting - Wikipedia

Consensus

The scientific research that has directly compared outcomes for children with gay and lesbian parents with outcomes for children with heterosexual parents has been consistent in showing that lesbian and gay parents are as fit and capable as heterosexual parents, and their children are as psychologically healthy and well-adjusted as children reared by heterosexual parents,[3][4][5] despite the reality that considerable legal discrimination and inequity remain significant challenges for these families.[4] Major associations of mental health professionals in the U.S., Canada, and Australia, have not identified credible empirical research that suggests otherwise.[5][6][7][8][9] Literature indicates that parents’ financial, psychological and physical well-being is enhanced by marriage and that children benefit from being raised by two parents within a legally recognized union.[5][6][87][92] Statistics show that home and childcare activities in homosexual households are more evenly split between the two rather than having specific gender roles,[93] and that there were no differences in the interests and hobbies of children with homosexual or heterosexual parents.[94]

Third, savor the irony of you dancing around, screaming, "You haven't shown me evidence!" before turning around and saying, "There are numerous studies that say I'm right!" without actually naming any. And don't even get me started on your absurd claim that your mere dislike of what I'm saying constitutes not only proof that I'm wrong, but ALSO makes you able to make definitive statements to what I think and feel and what my motivations are.

I have not bothered to post any documentation because, in my experience, people who are bigots and want to believe the worst about gays and gay parenting do not even look at it, so I consider it a waste of my time. But, if you insist -here is more:

1. The Australian Study of Child Health in Same-Sex Families is the world’s largest attempt to study how children raised by same-sex couples compare to children raised by heterosexual couples. According to a preliminary report on the study of 500 children across the country of Australia, these young people are not only thriving, but also have higher rates of family cohesion than other families:

An interim report found there was no statistical difference between children of same-sex couples and the rest of the population on indicators including self-esteem, emotional behaviour and the amount of time spent with parents.

However, children of same-sex couples scored higher than the national average for overall health and family cohesion, measuring how well a family gets along. World’s Largest Study Of Same-Sex Parenting Finds That Children Are Thriving

Children raised by same-sex couples appear to do as well as those raised by parents of both sexes, suggests an international research review that challenges the long-ingrained belief that children need male and female parents for healthy adjustment.

"It's more about the quality of the parenting than the gender of the parents," says Judith Stacey of New York University, co-author of the comprehensive review. It will be published Friday in the Journal of Marriage and Family. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-01-21-parentgender21_ST_N.htm

A sampling of recent studies of same-sex parenting: http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_pare2.htm

The Supreme Court in Obergefell denied the petitions for amicus briefs from some kids raised by gays who were opposed to gay marriage. Was quite the scandal. I guess facts can be hidden from the public to forward a certain agenda. I'll pay attention more to the tomes and tomes of studies done on deleterious effects of a lack of a father or mother for life for a child. You can keep your Australian come-lately "studies".

From where I sit, you're not even clear on what YOU think and why, let alone prepared to make assertions about anyone else.
Really? OK, maybe I have not been explicit enough, or maybe you have a comprehension problem

1. I believe that gay and Lesbian people should be treated as equals IN ALL RESPECTS including marriage, the ability to adopt children, to be free of discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodation

2. I believe that while there of good and bad parents of all kinds, there is overwhelming evidence that the children of same sex couples do just as well as other kinds and sometimes better-as I have documented.

3. I think that the allegations that gay people sexually exploit, or abuse children, expose them to inappropriate sexual activity, or try to influence their sexual orientation or gender identity is despicable bigotry and /or willful stupidity.

4. I believe that people who oppose marriage equality - claiming that they do so for the sake of the children- are either just that stupid, or liars who do not really give a shit about the kids, because clearly children benefit from having two married parents who both their legal guardians with all of the financial benefits, legal protections, and social status that goes with that.

5. I believe that when a child is questioning their gender identity or sexual orientation, they should be respected and supported and taken seriously and not scorned, shamed or reject which only adds to the pain and confusion that they are already experiencing.

As to why, I have done extensive research on all aspects of the topic and worked with children and families most of my long adult life. I have posted some of the evidence that I see, and there is a lot more where that came from

From where I sit, you're not even clear on what YOU think and why, let alone prepared to make assertions about anyone else.
Really? OK, maybe I have not been explicit enough, or maybe you have a comprehension problem

1. I believe that gay and Lesbian people should be treated as equals IN ALL RESPECTS including marriage, the ability to adopt children, to be free of discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodation

2. I believe that while there of good and bad parents of all kinds, there is overwhelming evidence that the children of same sex couples do just as well as other kinds and sometimes better-as I have documented.

3. I think that the allegations that gay people sexually exploit, or abuse children, expose them to inappropriate sexual activity, or try to influence their sexual orientation or gender identity is despicable bigotry and /or willful stupidity.

4. I believe that people who oppose marriage equality - claiming that they do so for the sake of the children- are either just that stupid, or liars who do not really give a shit about the kids, because clearly children benefit from having two married parents who both their legal guardians with all of the financial benefits, legal protections, and social status that goes with that.

5. I believe that when a child is questioning their gender identity or sexual orientation, they should be respected and supported and taken seriously and not scorned, shamed or reject which only adds to the pain and confusion that they are already experiencing.

As to why, I have done extensive research on all aspects of the topic and worked with children and families most of my long adult life. I have posted some of the evidence that I see, and there is a lot more where that came from
Omg you've done *extensive research* hahaha.

Yes you're a teacher who then became a cps scumbag, because as a teacher you discovered that what you really wanted to do was isolate children from their families.

The simple and irrefutable fact is that there is no credible evidence to show that same sex marriage and parenting by gay folks harms anyone. Yet conservatives won't leave it alone.

Except the reams and reams and tomes and tomes of research showing that a boy not having a father or a girl not having a mother for life is deleterious to them. Just that. And that uniquely of all parenting situations, "gay marrieds" possess a contract they share with prospective children that guarantees them the absence of a father or mother under their roof for life.

Just that. Same sex marriage actually, truly, provenly, and proximally hurts children for the duration of their entire lives; using a contract no less. That is illegal also per contract laws where both adults and children share vital benefits. See Obergefell Opinion page 15 for details; and the Infancy Doctrine.. Fun fact, children's interests in the contract re: their stated benefits and shared-status, was not separately briefed to the court in Obergefell. That means the USSC in Obergefell did not follow law in rendering its decision.

It is stunning to me that anyone can look at the complex, complicated, difficult job of effective parenting and raising a sane, functional, productive human being, which is incredibly hard to do even when you have a mother and father working at it together, and just casually decide that it's no big hairy deal if you simply subtract one of them from the equation. Meh. It's like looking at the schematics for building a nuclear reactor, and then deciding that the lead shielding isn't necessary.
It's stunning to me to listen to you people rant and rave about this issue, claiming that kids need a mother and a father, while having the temerity to expect that your appeals to ignorance anybody except those who already agree with you. I have yet to see a shred of credible evidence to back up you claims. There are numerous studies that clearly refute your crap and it's clear to me that what you are doing is motivated by nothing less than bigotry and that none of you care a whit about the kids.

Remember- its is only when the single parent is a lesbian- that Silhouette thinks that the boys and girls need a father.

If the mother is purportedly straight- Silhouette is fine with the kids being raised without another parent.

Kuddo's- you laid it out plainly and simply.

Not a single one of the homophobic bigots here will actually read your actual words.

The simple and irrefutable fact is that all the videos being posted on this thread are credible evidence that same-sex marriage and parenting by gay folks harm children. Yet leftists insist there's "no evidence" by simple virtue of the fact that they refuse to ACCEPT any evidence. "I don't want to believe that's bad" is not the same thing as "that's not bad".
If you're referring to the two videos from the idiotic OP, please explain exactly what that has to do with parenting by gay people. If there is something else that I'm missing spell it out. You seem to have some strange ideas. Gay people are now allowed to adopt kids in every state, and in some states, have been for quite some time. That would not be the case if they were being harmed.

Yes, because human societies NEVER collectively decide to do things that are bad, harmful, or even evil. Governments are ALWAYS benevolent, omniscient, infallible, and unswayed by the imbecilic, selfish whims of special interest groups. And I fart rainbow glitter when I eat too much Mexican food.
Let's see, what just happened here. You stated that there is proof on this thread that gay parenting is harmful. I called you on it and asked you to point it out instead of doing so , you post this gibberish? Thank you for clearly demonstrating that you nothing but appeals to ignorance logical fallacies at your disposal

Let's see, what just happened here? You posted a demand, and I chose to respond to another part of the post instead, and YOU decided that the ONLY possible reason that you and satisfying your demands is not THE most important, pressing, urgent thing in the world to me, that MUST mean that I'm "demonstrating" something about my positions, rather than just demonstrating that 1) I'm not your waitress, and I don't take orders, and 2) you need to massively get the fuck over yourself.

It is not often that I feel the urge to spend large amounts of time proving painfully obvious things to leftists who are determined to pretend that objective reality stopped existing the day they decided they didn't like it, but IF I choose to do so, I will do it on MY schedule, because I want to. I will NOT do it because an obnoxious, hubristic prick demanded it.
That is quite an hysterical boatload of bizarre blather. However, it serves no purpose other than to try to squirm the fact that I called you on your idiotic claim that there is proof-right here on this thread-that same sex parenting harms children, and you cannot back it up. Case closed.

"No, no, I WIN! 'Cause I says it!"

Fact One: I answered the part of your post I was interested in.

Fact Two: I have other things to do in the middle of the day besides jump when you yell "Frog" and research on the Internet to find evidence you will just dismiss because you don't want to hear it. Maybe YOU don't have a job, but I do. And frankly, picking lint out of my navel would be more important and interesting to me than you are.

Fact Three: This was "case closed" for you before you ever started talking, because God Almighty descending from on high to tell you that you're wrong would STILL not be evidence enough for you, because nothing ever will.

But hey, I'm not at all surprised that you think the world revolves around you, and that you desperately want to declare victory and scarper as fast as possible. Run away, little girl.

The simple and irrefutable fact is that there is no credible evidence to show that same sex marriage and parenting by gay folks harms anyone. Yet conservatives won't leave it alone.

Except the reams and reams and tomes and tomes of research showing that a boy not having a father or a girl not having a mother for life is deleterious to them. Just that. And that uniquely of all parenting situations, "gay marrieds" possess a contract they share with prospective children that guarantees them the absence of a father or mother under their roof for life.

Just that. Same sex marriage actually, truly, provenly, and proximally hurts children for the duration of their entire lives; using a contract no less. That is illegal also per contract laws where both adults and children share vital benefits. See Obergefell Opinion page 15 for details; and the Infancy Doctrine.. Fun fact, children's interests in the contract re: their stated benefits and shared-status, was not separately briefed to the court in Obergefell. That means the USSC in Obergefell did not follow law in rendering its decision.

It is stunning to me that anyone can look at the complex, complicated, difficult job of effective parenting and raising a sane, functional, productive human being, which is incredibly hard to do even when you have a mother and father working at it together, and just casually decide that it's no big hairy deal if you simply subtract one of them from the equation. Meh. It's like looking at the schematics for building a nuclear reactor, and then deciding that the lead shielding isn't necessary.

No kidding.

My family bought into that feel good the devil be damned marriage is just a piece of paper single women have a right to raise their kids alone bs that was pushed on our society during the 60s and 80s...and it decimated it. There is a reason we celebrate and support traditional family values..and it's because children in traditional families do better. That's the beginning and end of it. That isn't to say there isn't the occasional non traditional family that doesn't produce an amazing set of kids..but for the most part, homosexual families and single parent families are poorer, are more dysfuctional in every way, and have children who suffer for their selfish decisions for their entire lives.
Prove it!! Put up or shut up.
Until all parties can agree on a standard of "morality" y'all gonna be spending a lot of time blue in the face... the word 'futile' comes to mind

How do you agree on a standard of morality with people who find the whole idea of a standard of morality offensive?

Yes you're a teacher who then became a cps scumbag, because as a teacher you discovered that what you really wanted to do was isolate children from their families.

And all you do is troll to spread hate about gays from you little bunker in the hills.

If you're referring to the two videos from the idiotic OP, please explain exactly what that has to do with parenting by gay people. If there is something else that I'm missing spell it out. You seem to have some strange ideas. Gay people are now allowed to adopt kids in every state, and in some states, have been for quite some time. That would not be the case if they were being harmed.

Yes, because human societies NEVER collectively decide to do things that are bad, harmful, or even evil. Governments are ALWAYS benevolent, omniscient, infallible, and unswayed by the imbecilic, selfish whims of special interest groups. And I fart rainbow glitter when I eat too much Mexican food.
Let's see, what just happened here. You stated that there is proof on this thread that gay parenting is harmful. I called you on it and asked you to point it out instead of doing so , you post this gibberish? Thank you for clearly demonstrating that you nothing but appeals to ignorance logical fallacies at your disposal

Let's see, what just happened here? You posted a demand, and I chose to respond to another part of the post instead, and YOU decided that the ONLY possible reason that you and satisfying your demands is not THE most important, pressing, urgent thing in the world to me, that MUST mean that I'm "demonstrating" something about my positions, rather than just demonstrating that 1) I'm not your waitress, and I don't take orders, and 2) you need to massively get the fuck over yourself.

It is not often that I feel the urge to spend large amounts of time proving painfully obvious things to leftists who are determined to pretend that objective reality stopped existing the day they decided they didn't like it, but IF I choose to do so, I will do it on MY schedule, because I want to. I will NOT do it because an obnoxious, hubristic prick demanded it.
That is quite an hysterical boatload of bizarre blather. However, it serves no purpose other than to try to squirm the fact that I called you on your idiotic claim that there is proof-right here on this thread-that same sex parenting harms children, and you cannot back it up. Case closed.

"No, no, I WIN! 'Cause I says it!"

Fact One: I answered the part of your post I was interested in.

Fact Two: I have other things to do in the middle of the day besides jump.

You certainly demonstrate that by repeatedly posting on the subject....

Yes, yes, we have all seen the clap trap that you try to pass off as proof and your bizarre theories like the infancy doctrine You seem incapable of learning that something does not mean what you want it to mean just because you.......want it to mean something that it does not mean.

I'm totally creeped out by the thought of you investigating and interrogating children.

Blech.
I believe that you said that you worked in CPS?

The feeling is mutual

And by the way, didn't you say that CPS workers were creepy and dishonest? YOU ARE CREEPY, DISHONEST BIZARRE IN YOUR VIEWS

I was not a teacher and you are fucking insane. Moreover , you are making dangerous and slanderous acquisitions against me.

Who think he's adorable and potentially would be a great business asset, perched on a counter.

People who think that a 10 year old tranny in makeup and dresses is *employable* as a draw are known as *pimps* or *sex traffickers*.

Just sayin.

You're the one who only sees a ten year old tranny ripe for exploitation.
That says more towards the way you think than anyone else.

I on the other hand saw a talented young man who was doing something he likes ...
Recognized he was good at it ... And enjoyed his sense of humor.

I never suggested he should be perched on the counter ...
With the proper direction he could probably own the city block.

Omg.

I am speechless. You really are defending pimping children. I was being kind of hyperbolic but apparently I was dead on.

pimping children?

in what way?

No kidding.

My family bought into that feel good the devil be damned marriage is just a piece of paper single women have a right to raise their kids alone bs that was pushed on our society during the 60s and 80s...and it decimated it. There is a reason we celebrate and support traditional family values..and it's because children in traditional families do better. That's the beginning and end of it. That isn't to say there isn't the occasional non traditional family that doesn't produce an amazing set of kids..but for the most part, homosexual families and single parent families are poorer, are more dysfuctional in every way, and have children who suffer for their selfish decisions for their entire lives.
Prove it!! Put up or shut up.
Until all parties can agree on a standard of "morality" y'all gonna be spending a lot of time blue in the face... the word 'futile' comes to mind

There it is...I'm sorry, the entire world recognizes that dressing up children in sexually provacative clothing and having them lisp about their *sexuality* is immoral, depraved, and criminal.

The people who think that just because they think it's cool means it's *okay*..and who think that diversity demands that we accommodate all lifestyles including the ones that exploit, damage, and molest children...are criminals.

Just because you like it doesn't mean we have to accommodate it. Just because you don't agree with decency and morality doesn't mean you get to molest, exploit and sexualize children.

Get it?

I'm sorry, the entire world recognizes that dressing up children in sexually provacative clothing and having them lisp about their *sexuality* is immoral, depraved, and criminal.

maybe your, (very small) world does.

Fact Two: I have other things to do in the middle of the day besides jump when you yell "Frog" and research on the Internet to find evidence you will just dismiss because you don't want to hear it. Maybe YOU don't have a job, but I do. And frankly, picking lint out of my navel would be more important and interesting to me than you are.
Fact: You do not have squat to offer that can refute anything that I have said, and your running far a fast from the evidence that I posted in the form of peer reviewed studies that show that kids of gay people are just fine/

But hey, I'm not at all surprised that you think the world revolves around you, and that you desperately want to declare victory and scarper as fast as possible. Run away, little girl.
Hey, I don't think the world revolves around me one bit, and I have not need to win anything for myself. The win that I seek is for the children and for the LGBT folks who -to this day are catching hell from BIGOTS like you

Forum List

Back