Homeschooling surges as parents realize how worthless public schools are

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.

Let everyone who wants put their money towards homeschooling private education. Those that want to go to public school, PAY for it.

Why is it so difficult for some people to remember that education to a certain age is mandatory in the US?
I remember being a kid and finding that hard to believe actually.
If it was mandatory, how come all the schools kept throwing me out, was my question.

Things have changed since you were a student. When I was a student decades ago, an 85% graduation rate was exceptional. Now, schools are penalized for rates below 95%.

Yeah, and they "graduate" semi literate morons with a GPA of .13.

No. That is not true. Every district I taught in had a minimum 2.0 GPA in order to graduate. This is just more of the education basher lies.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.

Let everyone who wants put their money towards homeschooling private education. Those that want to go to public school, PAY for it.

Why is it so difficult for some people to remember that education to a certain age is mandatory in the US?
If it was mandatory, how come all the schools kept throwing me out, was my question.

Things have changed since you were a student. When I was a student decades ago, an 85% graduation rate was exceptional. Now, schools are penalized for rates below 95%.

What kind of penalties? Many school districts are below 50% graduation rate, and have been for years. They're virtually all run by Democrats, of course:
  • Those with the lowest graduation rates include Indianapolis (31 percent), Cleveland (34 percent), Detroit (38 percent), Milwaukee (41 percent), Baltimore (41 percent), Atlanta (44 percent), Los Angeles (44 percent), Las Vegas (45 percent), and Columbus (45 percent).

Thank you for proving my point! These issues are only problems in Democrat run shitholes.

Keep going....now you're getting it....
o.0

A union paid for by the government isn't likely to go out of business. It SHOULD. If a school is failing/failed... It needs to fire everyone there and start over, or move said business (students) to another school. But that's not how Unions work when it's more or less government derived.

What's another difference between eating out and going to school in the US (up to a certain age)?

And another butt hurt from the "conservatives"

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Like watching a cat with a laser pen.

Who demanded schools close so everyone has to homeschool?
I believe schools closed under Trump.

We want the schools open. When it is safe to do so.
You want the schools closed. Permanently.
That's the intent of this thread.

Where did your strawman go to school?
Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

Who has demanded that schools close permanently? That was your claim.
I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic. You are excused.
Then you're in luck, because I have much, much more knowledge of the topic than you. Unlike you, I'm not afraid of simple questions, so if you want to learn something just ask.
Yeah, a person too ignorant to know 40 years of Republican policy is waaaaaaaay to ignorant to teach a rock to be still.
You ready to answer the question now? Or are you too "ignorant"?
Read on my tiny minded ignoramus.

That might have been the wrong question...

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic. You are excused.

You were asked a direct question and you dodged it like a little bitch. Pathetic.
I was asked an ignorant question far too stupid to qualify for a response.
That you think it was worthy of response proves you to be just another tiny minded "conservative" idiot.

Now back to your playpen with your trump sex doll!
Keep dodging, you ignorant pussy.
Done with the doll? Read on but wash your hands first!

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

The union operatives who sit in public school classrooms (or used to, anyways) call themselves "educators", not teachers. They don't teach anything. You're a product of that system.

One can tell from his spelling and grammar

What are the qualifications for a Home Skool Teecher?

It depends on the state, just like public schools. In your backwards, redneck of the woods, I wouldn't know. In the world where we eat with utensils and don't fuck our sisters, homeschooling parents are held to high standards. Clearly, you need some more education on it, Cletus. In the meantime, go fuck your redneck self.
What degrees are they expected to hold to Homeskool?
Depends. When my wife and did it, one of the parents was required to hold a college degree of some kind. Didn't matter though, because the curriculum we used was more remote learning, with teachers for every subject available online. The internet HAS been around for a while, you know. It's not 1955 any more.
My wife and I home schooled our daughter for a couple years when she had a medical condition the public schools couldn't effectively deal with. It was state approved curriculum with online teachers available. She still had interaction with other kids in dance classes, band, and soccer. When she returned to public school, she was quite a bit ahead of her peers. Home schooling is a good option for many families as it was for us.

???????

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic.
Is this your pattern? One pointless, idiotic post then you run away for a week?
As noted, you are simply too ignorant of the topic to be involved in the conversation. .....

As retorted, I actually know much, much, much more about the topic than you do. Go ahead and say the word "ignorant" a few more times, you buffoon.
OK. But only because not bright enough to ask for something better.
ignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorant

And just for your...ignoramus.

What kind of penalties? Many school districts are below 50% graduation rate, and have been for years. They're virtually all run by Democrats, of course:
  • Those with the lowest graduation rates include Indianapolis (31 percent), Cleveland (34 percent), Detroit (38 percent), Milwaukee (41 percent), Baltimore (41 percent), Atlanta (44 percent), Los Angeles (44 percent), Las Vegas (45 percent), and Columbus (45 percent).

Thank you for proving my point! These issues are only problems in Democrat run shitholes.

Glad we agree.

???????

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

Then you're in luck, because I have much, much more knowledge of the topic than you. Unlike you, I'm not afraid of simple questions, so if you want to learn something just ask.
Yeah, a person too ignorant to know 40 years of Republican policy is waaaaaaaay to ignorant to teach a rock to be still.
You ready to answer the question now? Or are you too "ignorant"?
Read on my tiny minded ignoramus.
This 'persona' you are trying so hard (too hard) to act out is really not working for you. You do not present yourself as intelligent or well-informed, despite what you seem to be hoping for. How about you just stop being a douche bag?

???????

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic.
Is this your pattern? One pointless, idiotic post then you run away for a week?
As noted, you are simply too ignorant of the topic to be involved in the conversation. .....

As retorted, I actually know much, much, much more about the topic than you do. Go ahead and say the word "ignorant" a few more times, you buffoon.
OK. But only because [sic] not bright enough to ask for something better.
ignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorant

And just for your [sic]..ignoramus.

"just for your"? Learn some English, idiot.

[As noted, you are simply too ignorant of the topic to be involved in the conversation. But, as a courtesy...

Republicans, tiny minded "conservatives" have been trying to shut down public schools for 40 years under the lie of "school choice."
Republicans don't give a damn about choice or education.
In fact, the republican elite want people ignorant and stupid. Ignorant and stupid is the core of their base. Ignorant and stupid is what they like to call the "bigger tent" and, of course, the ignorant and stupid, being ignorant and stupid, fall for the lies like a line of dominoes,
WHY, You say? Well being an ignorant tiny minded "conservative" I'd expect that you wouldn't understand the plan.
UNIONS
Get rid of the schools and you get rid of the NEA and half a million union activists.
Republicans along with their tiny minded "conservative" servants have been trying to destroy unions for 50 years.

That you claim not to know this clearly paints you as a tiny minded ignoramus or just a liar.
Sorry, nothing in between.

Next time, fool, know when to STFU!
Always remember... Nobody can make you look like anything. You have to do it.
"""""""
Apparently you ran out.
Ran out of what?

o.0

A union paid for by the government isn't likely to go out of business. It SHOULD. If a school is failing/failed... It needs to fire everyone there and start over, or move said business (students) to another school. But that's not how Unions work when it's more or less government derived.

What's another difference between eating out and going to school in the US (up to a certain age)?
Too many to bother with. I'm willing to engage in discussion with you, and I'm even willing to let you lead the dance some... But I gotta know where we are going with it to make it worthwhile. That's way too open of a question.

o.0

Too many to bother with. I'm willing to engage in discussion with you, and I'm even willing to let you lead the dance some... But I gotta know where we are going with it to make it worthwhile. That's way too open of a question.
If the government says you have to eat a certain combination of things, you either eat out or prove that you have eaten all those things at home. Furthermore, the restaurant in your neighborhood isn't allowed to close or turn away any customers. Are the cooks likely to be part of some dark conspiracy to poison the customers, or just doing the best they can?

If the government says you have to eat a certain combination of things, you either eat out or prove that you have eaten all those things at home. Furthermore, the restaurant in your neighborhood isn't allowed to close or turn away any customers. Are the cooks likely to be part of some dark conspiracy to poison the customers, or just doing the best they can?
Oh... Ok.. I agree with you. With the stipulation that sometimes the "best they can" isn't enough, and perhaps more needs to be done that has nothing to do with the cooks. With that said... I don't have all the answers.

But I do like my off the cuff monetary value for poor people having tax credits based off of their kids grades.

No. That is not true. Every district I taught in had a minimum 2.0 GPA in order to graduate. This is just more of the education basher lies.

Here you go, sport. This is from yahoo news. This is the sort of shit that teachers unions spew out.

'Baltimore HS student fails all but 3 classes over 4 years, ranks near top half of class'

Here you go, sport. This is from yahoo news. This is the sort of shit that teachers unions spew out.

'Baltimore HS student fails all but 3 classes over 4 years, ranks near top half of class'

You found ONE example but claim this is a nationwide problem. Retard?

But I do like my off the cuff monetary value for poor people having tax credits based off of their kids grades.

That's difficult when you consider all the reasons why one student might have different grades than another. Might end up with a new tax on the poorest families/students with the most challenges to overcome. You would be surprised how many of my students are homeless and/or working full time and/or living with adults who have mental illness or addiction.

Yeah, I was a slow learner, lol.

It took me a really long time to realize that they didn't much care whether or not I learned the material, it was about teaching me to conform.

Last edited:

Yeah, I was a slow learner, lol.

It took me a really long time to realize that they didn't much care whether or not I learned the material, it was about teaching me to conform.
You sure it wasn't you preventing everyone else from learning?

Forum List

Back