Homeschooling surges as parents realize how worthless public schools are

the public system, where political indoctrination, not knowledge, is the priority.

False premise.

Hardly, judging by the results.

Most recently, would you not consider the inclusion of The 1619 Project and Critical Race Theory in many districts nationwide to be political indoctrination?
Which districts?

A three second search. There is more should you be so motivated.

Fairfax Schools Indoctrinating Children In "Critical Race Theory"

One of the most liberal school districts in this country because they are full of children whose parents work in DC!

There are some truly great teachers, but the Unions are great at getting rid of them because they expose the rest for what they are.

Schools with unions perform better than those without.
You get what you pay for
Depends on the measurement.

For example... ITED's used to be a pretty big thing, even for other states. That's Iowa Test of Educational Development... Essentially all students took the same test, and then they were measured and given a percental based on how other students did on the test in your age group. WHOA! That sounds like standardized tests there Zin, and I've read your posts in the past you hypocrite! Nono... See it's not a pass/fail. The only thing this test did was measure you against your peers that also took the test. Having a 99% in one category just means you answered more questions correctly than 99% of the people who took the test.

Now... There were A LOT of schools who's graduating GPA was great... That performed very poorly when tested against their peers... Because they didn't' challenge their students. An "A" grade in a class in one school, may very well not make the grade of "B" in another, or possibly even lower.

Meaning a lot of schools with higher GPA's, scored horribly when comparied to students in other schools with lower GPA's... Which essentially told the story that the school was giving out good grades, but the skills they were supposed to be learning was below those other schools. Thus... The schools were just padding numbers at the expense of actually teaching kids how to learn, and instead training them to memorize for tests.

And besides... If you got what you pay for when it comes to education... There would be no need bail out student loans.
Schools with unionized teachers routinely outperform non-union schools regardless of the measure.
Unions not only protect teachers, but teaching conditions

.13 GPA says you are lying.

Are you that stupid to claim that non union teachers would do better in that Baltimore School system with the same demographics?

Damn,Boi
Are you ever an asshole

Yes, the union protects incompetent teachers. That's pretty clear. Don't you think?

Not in my state, and states where i have taught.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

The union operatives who sit in public school classrooms (or used to, anyways) call themselves "educators", not teachers. They don't teach anything. You're a product of that system.
Yes, we are talking about certified, qualified professionals vs any idiot who can teach the Bible
Biden wants these teachers to teach white kids to hate themselves.
No way would I send my kids to school under those circumstances.
Link where Biden said that

Biden doesn't have to "say" it. CRT is being implemented in schools nationwide.

Mhm....

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
And another butt hurt from the "conservatives"

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Like watching a cat with a laser pen.

Who demanded schools close so everyone has to homeschool?
I believe schools closed under Trump.

We want the schools open. When it is safe to do so.
You want the schools closed. Permanently.
That's the intent of this thread.

Where did your strawman go to school?
Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

Who has demanded that schools close permanently? That was your claim.
I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic. You are excused.
Then you're in luck, because I have much, much more knowledge of the topic than you. Unlike you, I'm not afraid of simple questions, so if you want to learn something just ask.
Yeah, a person too ignorant to know 40 years of Republican policy is waaaaaaaay to ignorant to teach a rock to be still.
You ready to answer the question now? Or are you too "ignorant"?

There are some truly great teachers, but the Unions are great at getting rid of them because they expose the rest for what they are.

Schools with unions perform better than those without.
You get what you pay for
Depends on the measurement.

For example... ITED's used to be a pretty big thing, even for other states. That's Iowa Test of Educational Development... Essentially all students took the same test, and then they were measured and given a percental based on how other students did on the test in your age group. WHOA! That sounds like standardized tests there Zin, and I've read your posts in the past you hypocrite! Nono... See it's not a pass/fail. The only thing this test did was measure you against your peers that also took the test. Having a 99% in one category just means you answered more questions correctly than 99% of the people who took the test.

Now... There were A LOT of schools who's graduating GPA was great... That performed very poorly when tested against their peers... Because they didn't' challenge their students. An "A" grade in a class in one school, may very well not make the grade of "B" in another, or possibly even lower.

Meaning a lot of schools with higher GPA's, scored horribly when comparied to students in other schools with lower GPA's... Which essentially told the story that the school was giving out good grades, but the skills they were supposed to be learning was below those other schools. Thus... The schools were just padding numbers at the expense of actually teaching kids how to learn, and instead training them to memorize for tests.

And besides... If you got what you pay for when it comes to education... There would be no need bail out student loans.
Schools with unionized teachers routinely outperform non-union schools regardless of the measure.
Unions not only protect teachers, but teaching conditions

.13 GPA says you are lying.

Are you that stupid to claim that non union teachers would do better in that Baltimore School system with the same demographics?

Damn,Boi
Are you ever an asshole

Yes, the union protects incompetent teachers. That's pretty clear. Don't you think?
The Union protects all teachers and makes sure the rules are followed

The union protects bad teachers by getting rid of the good ones. Here in Nevada there was a teacher of the year that was let go in favor of a teacher who had been in the union longer.

And she was hated by the majority of her students.

Teachers unions protect mediocrity, and punish excellence.

Many of my students hated me because I held them accountable.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic. You are excused.

You were asked a direct question and you dodged it like a little bitch. Pathetic.
I was asked an ignorant question far too stupid to qualify for a response.
That you think it was worthy of response proves you to be just another tiny minded "conservative" idiot.

Now back to your playpen with your trump sex doll!
Keep dodging, you ignorant pussy.

???????

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic.
Is this your pattern? One pointless, idiotic post then you run away for a week?
As noted, you are simply too ignorant of the topic to be involved in the conversation. .....

As retorted, I actually know much, much, much more about the topic than you do. Go ahead and say the word "ignorant" a few more times, you buffoon.

Let everyone who wants put their money towards homeschooling private education. Those that want to go to public school, PAY for it.

Why is it so difficult for some people to remember that education to a certain age is mandatory in the US?

Keep going....now you're getting it....
o.0

A union paid for by the government isn't likely to go out of business. It SHOULD. If a school is failing/failed... It needs to fire everyone there and start over, or move said business (students) to another school. But that's not how Unions work when it's more or less government derived.

Let everyone who wants put their money towards homeschooling private education. Those that want to go to public school, PAY for it.

I still think an additional 25% federal income tax for anyone who votes Democrat in a national election is a great idea.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

The union operatives who sit in public school classrooms (or used to, anyways) call themselves "educators", not teachers. They don't teach anything. You're a product of that system.
Yes, we are talking about certified, qualified professionals vs any idiot who can teach the Bible
Biden wants these teachers to teach white kids to hate themselves.
No way would I send my kids to school under those circumstances.
Link where Biden said that

Biden doesn't have to "say" it. CRT is being implemented in schools nationwide.

Mhm....

Some teachers are great (that's what I hear, anyway) but some of them...... (smh)

I think some people want to "guide and mold young minds" mostly because they can't find any adults to buy into their stupid ideas. :rolleyes:

Why is it so difficult for some people to remember that education to a certain age is mandatory in the US?
I remember being a kid and finding that hard to believe actually.
If it was mandatory, how come all the schools kept throwing me out, was my question.

Keep going....now you're getting it....
o.0

A union paid for by the government isn't likely to go out of business. It SHOULD. If a school is failing/failed... It needs to fire everyone there and start over, or move said business (students) to another school. But that's not how Unions work when it's more or less government derived.

We tried that in my school district in FL many years ago. We developed a magnet school for the best students and sent them to the worst school building in the run down part of town where the poor kids had attended. They brought in selected excellent and highly qualified teachers from all over the district. It quickly became one of the top high schools in the nation on Newsweek's ranking system. My school had students that were given school choice to attend our suburban school as we were a state rated "A" school. The faculty remained largely unchanged and the school immediately fell to the state rating of "C". What changed? Poor students often make for poor students. The location and building they are housed in has nothing to do with the educational process. Neither did the faculty. We were not alone as several high schools in the district suffered the same fate.

If it was mandatory, how come all the schools kept throwing me out, was my question.

Things have changed since you were a student. When I was a student decades ago, an 85% graduation rate was exceptional. Now, schools are penalized for rates below 95%.

....not every kid is educatable.......

I don't believe that.
Results show you to be wrong...can't ague with the numbers...and that's why you get so bent when you are challenged....

Educating students does NOT mean that every single kid goes to Harvard. If you are so quick to give up on kids, it's a damn good thing you never tried to be a teacher.

We're not claiming that that is the goal. How do you explain an entire class of high schoolers that has a COLLECTIVE GPA of less than 1?

Does every restaurant in the country turn a profit?

Yes, if they don't they are out of business. If that is the extent of your critical thinking skills you should reevaluate your self.

Things have changed since you were a student. When I was a student decades ago, an 85% graduation rate was exceptional. Now, schools are penalized for rates below 95%.

Yeah, and they "graduate" semi literate morons with a GPA of .13.

We tried that in my school district in FL many years ago. We developed a magnet school for the best students and sent them to the worst school building in the run down part of town where the poor kids had attended. They brought in selected excellent and highly qualified teachers from all over the district. It quickly became one of the top high schools in the nation on Newsweek's ranking system. My school had students that were given school choice to attend our suburban school as we were a state rated "A" school. The faculty remained largely unchanged and the school immediately fell to the state rating of "C". What changed? Poor students often make for poor students. The location and building they are housed in has nothing to do with the educational process. Neither did the faculty. We were not alone as several high schools in the district suffered the same fate.
Sounds like you are saying the parents failed their children, not the teachers. You may very well be right. I don't know enough on the topic to actually dive THAT deep into it.

Maybe tax credits should be given to poor parents based on their children's grades. Might be a cheaper way out than letting them remain that unskilled in the art of thinking.

What kind of penalties? Many school districts are below 50% graduation rate, and have been for years. They're virtually all run by Democrats, of course:
  • Those with the lowest graduation rates include Indianapolis (31 percent), Cleveland (34 percent), Detroit (38 percent), Milwaukee (41 percent), Baltimore (41 percent), Atlanta (44 percent), Los Angeles (44 percent), Las Vegas (45 percent), and Columbus (45 percent).

[As noted, you are simply too ignorant of the topic to be involved in the conversation. But, as a courtesy...

Republicans, tiny minded "conservatives" have been trying to shut down public schools for 40 years under the lie of "school choice."
Republicans don't give a damn about choice or education.
In fact, the republican elite want people ignorant and stupid. Ignorant and stupid is the core of their base. Ignorant and stupid is what they like to call the "bigger tent" and, of course, the ignorant and stupid, being ignorant and stupid, fall for the lies like a line of dominoes,
WHY, You say? Well being an ignorant tiny minded "conservative" I'd expect that you wouldn't understand the plan.
UNIONS
Get rid of the schools and you get rid of the NEA and half a million union activists.
Republicans along with their tiny minded "conservative" servants have been trying to destroy unions for 50 years.

That you claim not to know this clearly paints you as a tiny minded ignoramus or just a liar.
Sorry, nothing in between.

Next time, fool, know when to STFU!
Always remember... Nobody can make you look like anything. You have to do it.
"""""""
Apparently you ran out.

Forum List

Back