Holy F&CK Batman this generation is a MESS

Thanks to the 40 and 50 year olds for fucking everything up
Thank your Government ass kissers because nobody believe those 40 and 50 yr olds why because all the dumb asses are brainwashed into thinking it's all a conspiracy . Blame you liberal idiot parents. and those Democrats they can't seem to see through.

I just hate it when people complain about education but have no suggestions whatever for how to fix it. At least it sounds like the OP stuck his foot in the door. And it's all the teachers' fault these kids aren't learning, right?

I wasn't pointing fingers at the school, just noting what I see working in one. These kids are a mess, and the schools are a dumping ground for societies problems, which the schools are expected to fix. Parents fuck the kids up, then blame the schools for their kids problems. It's disturbing.
Because of the nature of your job, like me, you're seeing a larger majority of the "problems" than the kids who are doing okay (I hesitate to use the words "doing just fine" for any adolescent--it's a minute by minute thing). But don't think you don't make a difference, 'cause you do. One of the high schools I worked with had a school liaison officer who did wonders for a lot of kids Just being there to talk to and maybe intercede at the exactly needed moment can have more impact than you think.
Don't get discouraged.
Thank you. In the past I have had no problem staying positive. Things are getting so bad it gets more difficult all the time...

Last edited:
Teachers should be paid more than McDonald's cashiers.

Considering they only work 9 months out of the year, they do pretty good. Teachers are paid way too much for the amount of work they do. The heaviest thing they have to lift? A stack of test papers. Who is not paid enough? People who bust their asses, like airport personnel, baggage handlers, drywall finishers, etc. Very little time off, very poor pay and few benefits.

I got a job straight out of college making a dollar over minimum wage pumping jet fuel on a tarmac in June in Louisiana. For the first 4 months I worked there the heat index didn't remain below 100 in the afternoon. And I didn't get a 3 month vacation. Teachers start out making 3 times as much as me, some with less education. (I have two college degrees. Not for bragging just comparing apples to apples as far as education level is concerned.) I know a dude who was a teacher. Dude not only was an asshole but was a half-mexican with a cajun accent. And not a great influence on kids. He would tell kids who were bullied to stand up and fight. Although he cared about the kids, he left a 15 dollar an hour job to be a teacher so he could get paid more and do far less. I can't blame him.

I'd take a teachers cushy air conditioned job with a 3 month vacation in the summer any day.

Then go for it if you think it is that easy. The mental drain dealing with kids all day has as much effect as a manual labor job. I knowi have done both and you underestimate the bullshit teachers deal with, especially with the way parents are and the way kids are getting worse and worse.

Last edited:
I want nothing to do with teaching. I hated school and got two college degrees. I don't need to go back. I'd rather a job where I don't sit on my ass 3 months per year and leech off of taxpayers.

There is bullshit with every job. Just because teachers have it also doesn't make them special.

They get every weekend off, 3 months during the summer, 2 weeks for Christmas and new years, a week for thanksgiving and a week for spring break off.

Uh yea, they better shut the fuck up and stop bitching.

Last edited:

Considering they only work 9 months out of the year, they do pretty good. Teachers are paid way too much for the amount of work they do. The heaviest thing they have to lift? A stack of test papers. Who is not paid enough? People who bust their asses, like airport personnel, baggage handlers, drywall finishers, etc. Very little time off, very poor pay and few benefits.

I'd take a teachers cushy air conditioned job with a 3 month vacation in the summer any day.

Teachers work from September to June/ August to May. It is a 2 month holiday not 3 months. The kids are out of school so what are teachers suppose to do? If school was all year around then teachers would be working throughout the year. Some teachers do work summers in summer school for extra money because teaching generally pays shit. But not every school will offer summer school.

Paid too much? How much do you think we get paid? In fact many teachers are underpaid. We are not doing any heavy lifting but it is a mentally stressful job. Being responsible for the education of 25-30 kids isn't easy. Now throw in behavioral problems from students and delusion parents.

Work generally doesn't stop at school for teachers. Many teachers like myself work at school, at home and even will come in on weekends to complete work.

Also baggage handlers do not have to go to university to handle baggage. Teaching is a skill that you have to spend money on for 4 years and then your license.

I want nothing to do with teaching. I hated school and got two college degrees. I don't need to go back. I'd rather a job where I don't sit on my ass 3 months per year and leech off of taxpayers.

There is bullshit with every job. Just because teachers have it also doesn't make them special.

They get every weekend off, 3 months during the summer, 2 weeks for Christmas and new years, a week for thanksgiving and a week for spring break off.

Actually it sound like you are the one bitching. Just sayin.

One thing I notice about parents today is how they treat their kids. They try to be friends with the kids. They also ask the kids to do something for them, like "hey buddy, can you do --- for me"? The kid says no, and then the parent just ups the reward for complying.

You may or may not find this site interesting...... Charlotte Iserbyt is excellent.

the deliberate dumbing down of america

if you look to the right of the page where it says " free pdf" it's an eye opener. She also has a youtube explaining how this is being done via the school system. " Dumbing down" the kids.
upload_2016-11-5_22-49-53.png

One thing I notice about parents today is how they treat their kids. They try to be friends with the kids. They also ask the kids to do something for them, like "hey buddy, can you do --- for me"? The kid says no, and then the parent just ups the reward for complying.
You are right on the money with that one.
I remember when the education system and some dum bitch teacher started teaching the kids " if your parents yell at you" it's child abuse" and it took off . I've heard kids say they would call CPS on their parents etc.
If a kid of mine said that to me I would be like go right ahead and be my guest. Bet when the smart ass lands in basically a prison system that smart ass would regret that call LOL..

Working in a High School (9-12) you really see how quickly things are going to shit in this country. The homes are a mess, parents don't know what the fuck they are doing, the kids can't deal with anything, drug use is getting worse, they have no respect, and they are getting DUMBER.

Seriously, this country is in trouble.

Talk to someone who works in a school, preferably an administrator (teachers get a piece of the picture but not the whole of how bad it is).
You subbing?
Police officer. (School Liaison Officer)
That in itself is pretty bad. When I went to HS, there was no police there. Sure, there was an officer or two who would come in to lecture once in a while (just a couple of times a year), but none of them worked there really.

The administrators did all the policing.

Working in a High School (9-12) you really see how quickly things are going to shit in this country. The homes are a mess, parents don't know what the fuck they are doing, the kids can't deal with anything, drug use is getting worse, they have no respect, and they are getting DUMBER.

Talk to someone who works in a school, preferably an administrator (teachers get a piece of the picture but not the whole of how bad it is).
You subbing?
Police officer. (School Liaison Officer)
That in itself is pretty bad. When I went to HS, there was no police there. Sure, there was an officer or two who would come in to lecture once in a while (just a couple of times a year), but none of them worked there really.

The administrators did all the policing.

:lol: There was an entire police gang unit permanently stationed in the school where I used to teach.

Maybe television and Internet are guilty for that.
Even the global culture we have almost everywhere these day imbued with materialism and hedonism is not very good.
Ancient Indian and Chinese culture say we are in the "kali yuga" the last of the fourth stages the world goes through the worst one to be honest.
Who knows? Maybe it's true and that's why all the things are going bad in the world! :dunno: :eusa_think:

I got a job straight out of college making a dollar over minimum wage pumping jet fuel on a tarmac in June in Louisiana. For the first 4 months I worked there the heat index didn't remain below 100 in the afternoon. And I didn't get a 3 month vacation. Teachers start out making 3 times as much as me, some with less education. (I have two college degrees. Not for bragging just comparing apples to apples as far as education level is concerned.) I know a dude who was a teacher. Dude not only was an asshole but was a half-mexican with a cajun accent. And not a great influence on kids. He would tell kids who were bullied to stand up and fight. Although he cared about the kids, he left a 15 dollar an hour job to be a teacher so he could get paid more and do far less. I can't blame him.

Really? You are an airplane Mechanic, and you make only a third that a teacher does? What the hell kind of airplanes do you work on? Models?

I am a millwright and I make more than most teachers that I know, and that included many college professors.

As far as how the kids today compare to the kids of yesterday, when I was in high school, '58 to '62, exactly the same things were being said of the students of that time.

I'm not sure the kids are worse, I think they are just treated worse.

For example, when I was in high school, even though we didn't have cops, we had plenty of fascist administrators.

Hearing stories that my high school was an open campus in the 60s, in other words you could go out for lunch and eat or do whatever, made me kind of jealous and pretty upset that kids had more rights decades earlier.

In my day, we had this group called hippies. Long hair, don't bathe, free love, drugs

What is it with kids these days?

Sounds to me like advice you should take. And if you have two degrees, why are you not making good money? Perhaps you should have chosen your majors with more care?

Teachers in this or any other generation have their hands full with students whose parents just don't give a damn. It has been that way since school was invented.

For example, when I was in high school, even though we didn't have cops, we had plenty of fascist administrators.

Hearing stories that my high school was an open campus in the 60s, in other words you could go out for lunch and eat or do whatever, made me kind of jealous and pretty upset that kids had more rights decades earlier.
Funny

When I was in High School there was a student smoking lounge

Funny

When I was in High School there was a student smoking lounge

When you went to school there was an electric chair in the principal's office.

I just hate it when people complain about education but have no suggestions whatever for how to fix it.

This is me raising my hand furiously...

Fixing education is easy. Get the government out of the education business.

Now, I'm not saying states shouldn't redistribute wealth in order for poor people to get an education, but the government should not RUN the schools, from determining what's in the text books to how many tater tots are served at lunch. It's an unholy alliance between local, state and federal governments that ensures there is little competition and no consequences for failing to meet the expectations of the the school's customers, parents.

The USA consistently spends more on K-12 education than just about any other country and we spend more and more every year...yet the results get worse. Any rational market wouldn't last long with that kind of inefficiency and poor performance. Only a government monopoly on affordable education gets you that kind of crappy result.

You want to fix education, end the monopoly and allow competition to thrive. There you go, fixed.

Forum List

Back