Holy Crap Tine E, look at the Antarctic Sea Ice Extent!

Note the sharp turn upwards at about 2000; just when surface warming slowed. Perhaps they're related.

Now this is impressive, I wonder how long it has been since the Antarctic sea ice was at this level?

S_timeseries.png

S_bm_extent_hires.png

You know that sea ice isn't pack ice, right? Sea ice is seasonal...and is not what has scientists concerned.

It is a conversational or debate technique known as facetiousness.

So directly contradicting yourself and possibly lying is what you call being facetious? You need to make up your mind. Does global warming cause more ice or less ice?

It is a conversational or debate technique known as facetiousness.

So directly contradicting yourself and possibly lying is what you call being facetious? You need to make up your mind. Does global warming cause more ice or less ice?

So being an ass and having nothing of worth to say about a topic is what you call participating in a discussion?

You made a statement indicating you thought the ocean was not warming. I've shown you data indicating it most certainly IS warming. Do you have a meaningful response or do you want to just stand here and insult each other?

ps: And, yeah, numbnuts, that IS what they call being facetious? How old ARE you anyway?

A note:

This has sort of been talked around - someone pointed out that Antarctica's sea ice was seasonal but I'm not sure the actual meaning of that got through.

EVERY SHRED of Antarctica's sea ice MELTS each and every summer. That's one point (IanC, if you're reading this) that makes the Arctic ice more significant than the Antarctic. Most of the stuff up north used to hang around all year. None of it down south has EVER hung around the entire year.

Last edited:
Now this is impressive, I wonder how long it has been since the Antarctic sea ice was at this level?

S_timeseries.png

S_bm_extent_hires.png

You know that sea ice isn't pack ice, right? Sea ice is seasonal...and is not what has scientists concerned.

Yes I do know that. And yes, the scientists trot the sea ice out in the Arctic at the drop of a hat, so you're clearly wrong. They only bring up other types of ice when they have so epically failed. As in this case.

Nice try to deflect, but you fail too.

A note:

This has sort of been talked around - someone pointed out that Antarctica's sea ice was seasonal but I'm not sure the actual meaning of that got through.

EVERY SHRED of Antarctica's sea ice MELTS each and every summer. That's one point (IanC, if your're reading this) that makes the Arctic ice more significant than the Antarctic. Most of the stuff up north used to hang around all year. None of it down south has EVER hung around the entire year.

Ooooohhhh, you might want to do a little research before you make that statement....UH-OH, too late. You're stuck with it!

Oh, gee looky here. It's that falsified graph AGAIN!

Oh, gee looky here. It's Westwalls insipid, unsubstantiated assertions. Where's your evidence?

:lol::lol::lol: Every time that graph has been posted here, it has been destroyed. Wake up and smell the coffee Mr. "the Antarctic sea ice has never stuck around from year to year".

Which I must say...is easily one of the most ignorant statements I have ever seen posted....anywhere.

Frank, why don't you save everyone a headache and just stay away from conversations for which you lack the background to make intelligent comments?

I'll give you a hint, though. Read the label on the vertical axis and think about it.

EVERY SHRED of Antarctica's sea ice MELTS each and every summer. That's one point (IanC, if your're reading this) that makes the Arctic ice more significant than the Antarctic. Most of the stuff up north used to hang around all year. None of it down south has EVER hung around the entire year.

Ooooohhhh, you might want to do a little research before you make that statement....UH-OH, too late. You're stuck with it![/QUOTE]

SeaIce.jpg

Looks like I'm THAT much wrong.

Last edited:
See that grey area on both sides of the solid grey line? Do you see that? That is the ANTARCTIC SEA ICE EXTENT with the light grey being the two standard deviations extent for the last 29 years.

Do you see any point there where there was NO ice?

Anywhere?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zyjLyBp64]Bueller Bueller Bueller - YouTube[/ame]

S_timeseries.png

See that grey area on both sides of the solid grey line? Do you see that? That is the ANTARCTIC SEA ICE EXTENT with the light grey being the two standard deviations extent for the last 29 years.

Nope. Looks like I overspoke. I took an "almost no" to mean "no. Mea culpa.

However, AGW is still valid.

Frank, why don't you save everyone a headache and just stay away from conversations for which you lack the background to make intelligent comments?

I'll give you a hint, though. Read the label on the vertical axis and think about it.

I've thought about it and you've been suckered. You just take anything the AGWCult throws at you without question.

And why do you think it's doing that?

MAAT%2070-90S%20HadCRUT4%20Since1900.gif

Not because the place is getting any colder. Perhaps because of a warmer ocean surrounding the place.

So you just failed to show significant warming of the Antarctic Oceans.. Why dont you go for the 2-fer and also fail to show the increased Antarctic precipt??????

Nope. Looks like I overspoke. I took an "almost no" to mean "no. Mea culpa.

However, AGW is still valid.

I have to say you are a refreshing change from the usual deniers we see. When it is shown to you that you have made an error you will admit it. A far cry from the norm and for that I salute you. So, you have been shown that what you were told was wrong twice,...in one case catastrophically so, so hopefully that will give you pause and you won't just blindly accept what they tell you anymore.

Hopefully you will do your own research, and then you too will come ever to the sceptic side.

Forum List

Back