HOF Quarterbacks w/o HOF receivers

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Eli Manning hasn't had HOF calibre receivers or running backs

Brett Favre? He never had a HOF receiver unless I'm forgetting someone.

Favre is HOF bound....hmmmm Greg Jennings? Mark Chumura? Probably not so I bet Favre is a safe name to pick. Jennings came on later in Brett's career anyways.

Is it possible the #1 & #2 career TD pass leaders did not throw one of 800+ touchdowns to a HOF receriver?

Brady is HOF material himself. Wes Welker getting in does not seem a stretch. Wonder about Gronkowski's career path. Brady needs traded to the Chiefs a la Joe Montana so I can tell if Tom is just a bit better than Matt Cassell (who did very good filling in one year when Brady was injured) or if he can perform like Montana did outside the system. Still Brady is HOF material.

How about Antonio Freeman?

How about Andre Rison?

How about Dorsey Levins?

Mark Chmura was already mentioned.

Favre also had some other decent running backs.

Tom Brady never had a "superstar" receiver until AFTER he had three Super Bowl rings, and the only above average running back he's EVER had was Corey Dillon.

Aside from Randy Moss and Wes Welker, Brady has had below-average wide receivers.

How about Andre Rison?

How about Dorsey Levins?

Tom Brady never had a "superstar" receiver until AFTER he had three Super Bowl rings, and the only above average running back he's EVER had was Corey Dillon.

Aside from Randy Moss and Wes Welker, Brady has had below-average wide receivers.

None of those guys for Favre are going to be in the HOF except MAYBE Chmura. MAYBE.

And I wouldn't really count Moss/Brady on the technicality that it was a short lived situation in the middle of their careers, and Moss certainly doesn
t get to claim anything close to a majority of Brady's success.

How about Andre Rison?

How about Dorsey Levins?

None of those guys for Favre are going to be in the HOF except MAYBE Chmura. MAYBE.

And I wouldn't really count Moss/Brady on the technicality that it was a short lived situation in the middle of their careers, and Moss certainly doesn

You're right about Moss. Moss's 2007 season was beyond belief, but Brady missed the 2008 season, and then Moss decided to act like himself and the Pats got rid of him.

Antonio Freeman was Favre's "go to" receiver for MANY years.

Chmura won't make the Hall Of Fame, because of that whole messy "babysitter" thing.

How about Andre Rison?

How about Dorsey Levins?

You're right about Moss. Moss's 2007 season was beyond belief, but Brady missed the 2008 season, and then Moss decided to act like himself and the Pats got rid of him.

Antonio Freeman was Favre's "go to" receiver for MANY years.

Chmura won't make the Hall Of Fame, because of that whole messy "babysitter" thing.

I know but the point of this was HOF QB's without HOF receivers, not just 'go to' receivers. Freeman isn't even close to HOF material.

I know that I mentioned a couple QB's that aren't actually in the HOF yet, but Brady and Favre are obviously going to be in.

Favre had what should have been a HOF receiver in Sterling Sharpe. :tongue:
But yes, there have been a few HOF quarterbacks who didn't have HOF receivers to throw to.
Of course, it's always hard to answer the questions of whether a qb made his wr better, or vice versa, or if they were both just great. :confused:

Forum List

Back