Hillary was awarded 3 delegates by coin toss!

Omfg. 3 coin tosses and Hillary won all 3!

I smell a rat!
image.jpeg

officials in different counties flipped the coins .. Democratic rules.

Coin tosses used to determine county delegates in Clinton-Sanders race

video and all ...

Sure sure sure.. EXCEPT that process for ADDING those "toss-up" delegates is based on ACTUAL ATTENDANCE and votes cast.. And THAT information is strangely "secret"... Isn't it???

apparently there was enough different people at the polling places to make sure everything was above board ... not one single person said otherwise either.

6 different counties,
6 different coins
keeping x amount of people on the same page, telling the same story ?

if you or anyone else believes that, hide a tooth under your pillow tonight.

Isn't that "voter disenfranchisement" ??? Was it because it was an ODD number of delegates in that precinct and no one could do the math on the ACTUAL VOTE COUNT?

So having an ODD number of delegates in a precinct necessitates a game of chance?
Why aren't you curious about this???

mainly because Iowa isn't the deciding factor in any Presidential general election .. If you're not from Iowa why would you care?

1/64. Not that far odds - about the same as getting three-of-a-kind in a game of 5-card stud.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah sparky, you go with that.

2^6 is not the statistical probability across 6 coin tosses.

{
What actually happens is that when we examine the possibility of an unsuccessful run of heads at toss i, we slightly bias the outcome at toss i+1. A demonstration will show exactly how this happens.

For the sample problem of a sequence of two heads out of four tosses, we can first examine the chance of a negative outcome starting at toss 1. There are just four possible outcomes that have two tosses starting at position 1: HH HT TH TT And only one of these tosses yielded two heads in a row, so the probability of not seeing two heads after two tosses is 3/4.

But now when we look at the sequence of tosses starting at position two, we have to throw out the outcomes where we had two heads at toss one - we've already seen two heads, so we can't continue flipping coins in those outcomes. So our universe of possible outcomes is now a bit different: HTH HTT THH THT TTH TTT Instead of eight outcomes, we have six. And if we look at the first toss seen in position two, instead of having an even distribution of heads and tails, you can see that sample is biased: only two have a head in position two, while four have tails. So the chances of not seeing two heads starting at position two increases to 5/6. Note that this change in probability occurs because we have selected only those outcomes without a streak of two heads at position one.

Likewise, when we look at the possible outcomes for streaks starting at position three, we get a different probability again. Because we have to throw out one sequence in the previous test, the universe of possible outcomes is now limited to: HTHH HTHT HTTH HTTT THTH THTT TTHH TTHT TTTH TTTT So now we have just ten possible outcomes, and two of those will produce the desired outcome, meaning the probability has changed to 4/5.

So what is the probability of all three possible positions not containing a streak? That would be (3/4)*(5/6)*(4/5) which reduces nicely to 1/2, the correct answer.}
20 Heads In a Row - What Are the Odds?

Factor in the streak and it is actually 2^6^6 or 64^6

:lol:

Further analysis of your cut-and-paste and link shows that you actually have no idea of what you're talking about.

Your link is discussing the odds of a twenty-head streak within a million coin flips - and somehow you've managed to completely misunderstand the author's point to generate some truly bizarre numbers.

Even your link states the obvious statistical fact:

The chance of n heads in a row occurring is 1/2^n

What's 2 to the 6th power again, Captain Mathematician?

How close was the Iowa race between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders? Democrats flipped coins in some precincts to determine how to award an extra county delegate, a rare but longstanding procedure to break ties.

Party rules call for a coin flip when support for candidates is even but a precinct has an odd number of delegates to award.

The Des Moines Register reports that Clinton won coin tosses at precincts in Davenport and Des Moines.

The newspaper says party officials ordered another coin flip to decide a dispute between the campaigns at an Ames precinct. Clinton won that toss, too.

Iowa Democratic Party spokesman Sam Lau noted that the flips were to determine county convention delegates, which are only fractions of the state delegates awarded to candidates.

———

2 delegates they split, three delegates they flip a coin ...

whining RW's crack me up.

Further analysis of your cut-and-paste and link shows that you actually have no idea of what you're talking about.

Your link is discussing the odds of a twenty-head streak within a million coin flips - and somehow you've managed to completely misunderstand the author's point to generate some truly bizarre numbers.

LOL, you read poorly.

I even cut the pertinent part for you,

You do understand that winning 6 coin tosses is not the same as having 6 consecutive tosses land on heads, right?

It was six consecutive tosses, sploogy. She didn't win 2. lose 3, then win 4 more.

Anyway, if you're happy with the Hillary victory, more power to you.

She didn't "win" shit.

Nevertheless, your math is still nonsense.

Let me try to model this for you:

There are 64 different results that can occur by flipping a coin 6 times:

HHHHHH
THHHHH
TTHHHH
THTHHH
...and so on.

Six heads in a row occurs one time out of those 64 possibilities.

Therefore, the odds of getting six heads out of six flips is 1/64. You're trying and failing to make it more complicated.

LOL, you read poorly.

I even cut the pertinent part for you,

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously dude, pick up a Probability textbook. The "pertinent" information will likely be in chapter 1.

You do understand that winning 6 coin tosses is not the same as having 6 consecutive tosses land on heads, right?

It was six consecutive tosses, sploogy. She didn't win 2. lose 3, then win 4 more.

She didn't "win" shit.

HHHHHH
THHHHH
TTHHHH
THTHHH
...and so on.

Therefore, the odds of getting six heads out of six flips is 1/64. You're trying and failing to make it more complicated.

You will defend Hillary or any democrat regardless of fact or reality.

In a contest between two reprehensible scum, my stake is pretty small. But it is fun to watch you melt down in your defense of the party favorite.

She didn't "win" shit.

HHHHHH
THHHHH
TTHHHH
THTHHH
...and so on.

You will defend Hillary or any democrat regardless of fact or reality.

In a contest between two reprehensible scum, my stake is pretty small. But it is fun to watch you melt down in your defense of the party favorite.

I'm a Sanders supporter, clown. But it is cute to watch you try to avoid the subject of how wrong your math is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back