Hilarious

To end it, comprehensive immigration reform needs to be passed. Undocumented immigrants have been in limbo for decades due to the lack of balls in Congress. Hopefully, that is one good thing that will actually HAPPEN. It is better to know what is going to happen then have your hopes raised, then dashed, then put on hold, year after year. Hold D.C. accountable on this one. It isn't fair to anyone as it stands, including the undocumented immigrants doing so much necessary work in this country.
As an American citizen who remembers how we have been LIED TO for DECADES (We will secure the border and stop illegal immigration if you agree to let us do 'X' 1st - thanks.......Ok, I know we said this before BUT we will secure the border and stop illegal immigration if you agree to let us do 'X' - thanks...), I would not agree to one more damn thing until all existing laws are obeyed / enforced, the border is secured - CLOSED, and the wall that was promised repeatedly since the Reagan days is built.

I understand you want immigration reform...it is needed...because politicians have IGNORED / refused to enforce the existing laws. NO MORE....NO MAS!
The only reform of the existing laws that needs to be done is what to do with the existing illegal immigrants and their US born children who have been productive law abiding people for years. Other than that, I agree, we've got plenty of laws. Enforce them.

The only reform of the existing laws that needs to be done is what to do with the existing illegal immigrants and their US born children who have been productive law abiding people for years. Other than that, I agree, we've got plenty of laws. Enforce them.
IMO, I could live with creating a pathway to citizenship for the illegals in this country right now...under 1 NON-Negotiable condition: All illegals who become US Citizens NEVER have the Right to Vote...UNLESS they are willing to leave the country and come back in following the existing immigration law / path to citizenship.

THE main reason, again IMO, Liberals have fought for open borders / facilitated the illegal immigration is to forever change the face of US politics, gaining millions of new DNC voters, eliminating the GOP once and for all, and cementing their grasp on power so as to never lose an election again.

A fitting 'punishment' to them would be granting citizenship to illegals - giving them access to all rights, programs, etc - but never allowing them to vote due to coming here illegally. They did not 'EARN' the right to vote, and they did not EARN the right to 'trump' (no pun intended) the votes of law-abiding American citizens, who came her / became citizens the legal / right way.

Citizens w/out the right to vote. (You would see Libs RAISE HELL about this because the only thing about illegals they acre about is their vote.)

IMO, I could live with creating a pathway to citizenship for the illegals in this country right now...under 1 NON-Negotiable condition: All illegals who become US Citizens NEVER have the Right to Vote...UNLESS they are willing to leave the country and come back in following the existing immigration law / path to citizenship.

THE main reason, again IMO, Liberals have fought for open borders / facilitated the illegal immigration is to forever change the face of US politics, gaining millions of new DNC voters, eliminating the GOP once and for all, and cementing their grasp on power so as to never lose an election again.

A fitting 'punishment' to them would be granting citizenship to illegals - giving them access to all rights, programs, etc - but never allowing them to vote due to coming here illegally. They did not 'EARN' the right to vote, and they did not EARN the right to 'trump' (no pun intended) the votes of law-abiding American citizens, who came her / became citizens the legal / right way.

Citizens w/out the right to vote. (You would see Libs RAISE HELL about this because the only thing about illegals they acre about is their vote.)
That's a pretty cynical viewpoint, imo, but it has no doubt had a LOT to do with why Democrats have politely ignored the illegal immigrant issue for so long--they need the Hispanic voting block (or at least they thought they did--didn't work out so well this time). I'm glad almost a third of Hispanic voters said Hell, no, we don't want illegal immigrants here either!
I think your compromise is fair. I'd support that 100%

Defying Trump, Chicago will continue as immigrant sanctuary
They act so tough, but want their republican governor to fight for them, I'd say fuck off Chicago.
This is an easy fix (no pun intended):

The President just needs to tell the country that all federal funding will be cut off from City Governments who run their cites as 'Sanctuary Cities'. Go one step further and inform Governors that they have 1 month from the announcement to get their cities in line and following this or federal funding for states with Sanctuary cities will be cut. This will incentivize the Governors to actively work to end Sanctuary cities.

Any city who violates Federal Law should NOT be eligible to receive federal funds. Period.

IMO, this is playing nice.

These cities are supporting law breaking, and siding with foreigners over the wishes and interests and Laws of the rest of the nation.

A law making this clearly illegal would be a good call imo.

what FEDERAL law are sanctuary type people violating?

Nothing in my post stated that "sanctuary type people" were violating federal law.

INdeed, i specifically supported the creating of a law to make supporting the law breaking of the illegals, clearly illegal.

While I agree with you it is SAD that there is a need for such a law. Barry, IMO, is much to blame for this - he is the one who immediately set the precedence and the tone once he was elected by declaring to the American people that his administration would NOT enforce existing law - specifically DOMA - because HE did not agree with it.

Once he declared that and followed through with it, he made it clear to the American people that the nation under him would NOT be ruled by the Constitution or the Rule of Law but instead by what HE agreed with and did not. Basically Obama declared early he was a despot and would rule the country as such...which is pretty much what he did.

Sanctuary cities are just following his lead - they don't agree with the law / laws so they simply do not comply. So far there has been no repercussions for them doing so. To end it there HAS to be repercussions!
To end it, comprehensive immigration reform needs to be passed. Undocumented immigrants have been in limbo for decades due to the lack of balls in Congress. Hopefully, that is one good thing that will actually HAPPEN. It is better to know what is going to happen then have your hopes raised, then dashed, then put on hold, year after year. Hold D.C. accountable on this one. It isn't fair to anyone as it stands, including the undocumented immigrants doing so much necessary work in this country.

We don't need reform.

We need to enforce our current laws and vastly reduce immigration, legal and illegal.

They act so tough, but want their republican governor to fight for them, I'd say fuck off Chicago.

The President just needs to tell the country that all federal funding will be cut off from City Governments who run their cites as 'Sanctuary Cities'. Go one step further and inform Governors that they have 1 month from the announcement to get their cities in line and following this or federal funding for states with Sanctuary cities will be cut. This will incentivize the Governors to actively work to end Sanctuary cities.

Any city who violates Federal Law should NOT be eligible to receive federal funds. Period.

These cities are supporting law breaking, and siding with foreigners over the wishes and interests and Laws of the rest of the nation.

Nothing in my post stated that "sanctuary type people" were violating federal law.

INdeed, i specifically supported the creating of a law to make supporting the law breaking of the illegals, clearly illegal.

"illegals" does that include all UNDOCUMENTED PEOPLE?--------well---there very existence on USA soil
is "illegal"----try to understand the definition of your terms

While I agree with you it is SAD that there is a need for such a law. Barry, IMO, is much to blame for this - he is the one who immediately set the precedence and the tone once he was elected by declaring to the American people that his administration would NOT enforce existing law - specifically DOMA - because HE did not agree with it.

Once he declared that and followed through with it, he made it clear to the American people that the nation under him would NOT be ruled by the Constitution or the Rule of Law but instead by what HE agreed with and did not. Basically Obama declared early he was a despot and would rule the country as such...which is pretty much what he did.

Sanctuary cities are just following his lead - they don't agree with the law / laws so they simply do not comply. So far there has been no repercussions for them doing so. To end it there HAS to be repercussions!

We don't need reform.

We need to enforce our current laws and vastly reduce immigration, legal and illegal.
I'm no expert, but vastly reducing legal immigration is shooting yourself in the foot, according to just about everyone.

One of the things I am tired of hearing from the Left is their faux argument about how 'we can't deport all the illegals' and about the high cost of doing so.

The state of Arizona absolutely DESTROYED this argument when they created their own law - based on Federal law. One of the main differences was Az made SURE everyone knew they, unlike the Obama administration, had EVERY intention of enforcing that law to the letter.

BEFORE THHIS LAW WENT INTO EFFECT illegals began POURING OUT of the state, into surrounding states...in numbers so large several of their neighbors began filing law suits against AZ to STOP AZ from doing what they were doing because it was causing a self-initiated exodus by illegals. YEAH, THEY BEGAN LEAVING ON THEIR OWN,

NO JOB.
NO LODGING.
NO FREE MEDICAL.
MO WELFARE.
NO FOOD STAMPS.
NO UNEMPLOYMENT.
NO SOCIAL SECURITY.
NO US DRIVER'S LICENSES FOR ILLEGALS.

MASS EXODUS - AS WE SAW IN AZ...before Barry put a stop to it.
NO OBAMA PHONES.

"illegals" does that include all UNDOCUMENTED PEOPLE?--------well---there very existence on USA soil

Your anti-americanism is noted and dismissed.

My point stands.

We don't need reform.

I'm no expert, but vastly reducing legal immigration is shooting yourself in the foot, according to just about everyone.

tighten up your loose screws--------"legal" -----what makes immigration "legal"-------seems to me that Trump repudiates lots of Obama's "legal" immigration

We don't need reform.

Nope. According to the liberals who politically gain from importing poor and uneducated voters and businessmen who like to underpay workers.

Anyone that wants to see wages rise for American poor and middle class workers, wants to stop flooding our labor market with cheap Third World labor.

My point stands.

you seem to have a problem ANSWERING the question----what are the laws being broken? -----there is a law in the USA that I am not permitted to "report" an illegal-----DATS DA LAW

I agree to a certain point.

There are over 94 million Americans out of the work force right now and millions more who are unemployed....and there is almost no incentive for them to find a job.

NONE of the existing social programs have a serious supervised plan to eventually get people OFF of social programs - there are 2nd / 3rd generation social program recipients who live off the govt - OH HELL NO!

Liberals want to allow these people to get free checks from the govt but fight against the idea of requiring them to do ANYTHING for the money -- take infrequent drug tests, pick up trash in your own community, do SOMETHING to give back!

IMO, and I understand any opposition to this, the US needs to institute a Military-Type Govt Service program where when you hit 18yo (graduate from high school / drop out - whatever) you should be forced to serve your country for at LEAST 2 years (if not 4) in a military-type disciplined / organized program where you serve your local/state community, learn self respect, learn respect for others, learn team work, learn to care about others ore than just yourself, get some education / learn a trade.
- Violence / Gangs/ etc would go down, it would give people self-respect, goals, talents, jobs.....

This may be, IMO, the only way to save this nation from what we have become.....but that's just me.

As far as the illegals go, we do need them right now, but we wouldn't as badly. Yes, there are jobs people won't do...because they would rather sit on their ass and get a govt check. Charity also begins at home. Enough of putting the welfare of illegals and terrorist-infiltrated refugees above that of citizens, vets - AMERICANS.

My point stands.

you seem to have a problem ANSWERING the question----what are the laws being broken? -----there is a law in the USA that I am not permitted to "report" an illegal-----DATS DA LAW

I'm not sure what laws are being broken, nor do I care about the legal specifics.

I want the illegals deported as demanded by our democratically expressed Will of the People, and those who would fight against our Right of Sovereignty, I would like to see crushed and broken.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Like the redneck you are and those that voted for "the donald" you own the pile of sh*t now.

Seems stupid to me.

I understand-----lots of people find "city-folk" ""stupid""

Not only did I vote for him, I donated money twice.

I feel GREAT about "owning" this upcoming administration.

trump-thumb.jpg

There are over 94 million Americans out of the work force right now and millions more who are unemployed....and there is almost no incentive for them to find a job.

NONE of the existing social programs have a serious supervised plan to eventually get people OFF of social programs - there are 2nd / 3rd generation social program recipients who live off the govt - OH HELL NO!

Liberals want to allow these people to get free checks from the govt but fight against the idea of requiring them to do ANYTHING for the money -- take infrequent drug tests, pick up trash in your own community, do SOMETHING to give back!

IMO, and I understand any opposition to this, the US needs to institute a Military-Type Govt Service program where when you hit 18yo (graduate from high school / drop out - whatever) you should be forced to serve your country for at LEAST 2 years (if not 4) in a military-type disciplined / organized program where you serve your local/state community, learn self respect, learn respect for others, learn team work, learn to care about others ore than just yourself, get some education / learn a trade.
- Violence / Gangs/ etc would go down, it would give people self-respect, goals, talents, jobs.....

This may be, IMO, the only way to save this nation from what we have become.....but that's just me.

As far as the illegals go, we do need them right now, but we wouldn't as badly. Yes, there are jobs people won't do...because they would rather sit on their ass and get a govt check. Charity also begins at home. Enough of putting the welfare of illegals and terrorist-infiltrated refugees above that of citizens, vets - AMERICANS.
I think your idea of a Govt. Service program is a good one, if it is voluntary and rewards participation with funding for post secondary training.
Around here the immigrant population comes for seasonal work and leaves. The economy still sucks. I have a feeling when the illegals leave, the economy will still suck and our food will be triply expensive. That's all.

OL, I respect your opinion, but I disagree that the program should be voluntary. Why would any American right now get off their bum (for any other reason to walk out to the mailbox to get their govt check) and sign up for anything. Several nations have done so, and the program has been very successful. Teach the kids being a citizen of this country is not just about TAKING but giving something back, about contributing, and making something of themselves.

Again, though, I completely understand the reasons this type of 'draft' into service would not work in this 'free' society. Thanks for all the great points and discussion!

I think your idea of a Govt. Service program is a good one, if it is voluntary and rewards participation with funding for post secondary training.
Around here the immigrant population comes for seasonal work and leaves. The economy still sucks. I have a feeling when the illegals leave, the economy will still suck and our food will be triply expensive. That's all.

I, truly believe that Trump understands the IMPORTANCE of the "immigrant"---including the "illegal" immigrant population to the economy of the USA-------In fact, I am DELIGHTED---despite the fact that I will lose all that cool cheap Chinese crap at the dollar store, to hear that he wants to DEPRIVE me of it----I would rather pay MORE and give the work at a reasonable wage to OUR POOR-----of any origin-------"refugee from the middle east" or "wet back from
mexico" -----or even "African woman escapees from FGM".
There is no immigrant population of any hue that frightens me. The issues that do need attention include---DRUG CRIME, HUMAN TRAFFIC, and TERRORIST IDEOLOGY-----of any creed. If a given group seems to EXCEL in those particular "talents"----then that group needs
SPECIAL ATTENTION as such. I do not call that special attention "racial profiling" I call it "lets not be stupid".
Donald has said he wants to focus on the CRIMINALS of this or that group. That statement makes me happy.

Rosie, no one has ever explained WHY cities are insisting on harboring/supplying services to undocumented persons. I would like to understand but no one seems to want to explain the reasons. Would you?
It's been known why for decades now... the dems want a permanent, beholding underclass of citizens that will always vote for THEM. That is why these radical leftist controlled cess pools harbor and protect ILLEGAL ALIENS... PERIOD.
I WANT TO KNOW THE REAL REASON. Which per usual, I'm not getting.
The reason is to encourage illegal immigrants to cooperate with the police in criminal investigations without fear of deportation. It is to allow immigrants the security to get medical care for communicable diseases before they become epidemic.

These are excuses with no basis in reality. Illegals don't turn in criminals and they send very sick children to school or even abandon them to play in malls.

Tipsy-----you never met an Illegal. I am----what is sometimes called "non-threatening"------thus I know
lots of illegals------another reason is -----privileged
communication<<< very important for the reasons cited

what is "funny" about it, easy dear?----------you like making
death by disease or injury "EASY" for illegals and their kids?
How so?

Forum List

Back