Hilarious

and a penchant to hide criminals

which of them is hiding criminals?
All so called sanctuary cities do.

They should hit not a penny of federal funds.

yeah ok-------the kids should die in the streets of starvation
If the child of an American mother is an American, then the child of an illegal immigrant's mother is also an illegal.

so? they belong dead in the gutter?
No, Rosie. They should not be here. Period.

If the child of an American mother is an American, then the child of an illegal immigrant's mother is also an illegal.

No, they belong along with their parents in the country from which those parents came. They were not invited or welcomed, but they would be invited to leave along with their little bastard.

no matter what?--------that's why my grandfather lost six brothers---their wives and their children to ADOLF (it may have been five-------I am not sure----the one survivor died sometime after 1945---on the way out----sorta disappeared)

we'll see how long that lasts when funding is cut off.

Chicago is dirt-farmer poor right now .

they can't afford to just turn their noses up at the federal money. they need every dime they can get, badly.

ETA: and it seems we've found a revenue source to help pay for that wall. LOL.

Seems to me that that if cities want to ignore the fourteen year old Federal Law then those running the cities should be arrested. After all it is Federal law which they are ignoring.

Wonder how long they would ignore it if they landed in jail? They should also lose all Federal tax dollars .

they can't afford to just turn their noses up at the federal money. they need every dime they can get, badly.

thanks for your input SCROOGE

In law there is the expression " fruit of a poisoned tree" referring to evidence obtained illegally.
An American born bastard of an illegal immigrants is a fruit of a posited tree. and should be treated as such.

In law there is the expression " fruit of a poisoned tree" referring to evidence obtained illegally.
An American born bastard of an illegal immigrants is a fruit of a posited tree. and should be treated as such.

you are sick

thanks for your input SCROOGE

well, gee, I thought that's why this message board existed.

I live in the area. Chicago is B-R-O-K-E.

If they, and these other sanctuary cities, want to not enforce the law that's their choice. It's the wrong choice, and it's about time it started costing them. If Trump is smart he'll call their bluff.

Game on.

Defying Trump, Chicago will continue as immigrant sanctuary
They act so tough, but want their republican governor to fight for them, I'd say fuck off Chicago.
NYC too, I heard. They have that choice. No federal funds, that's all.

both NYC and Chicago have HEART

Illegals are criminals!

They act so tough, but want their republican governor to fight for them, I'd say fuck off Chicago.
NYC too, I heard. They have that choice. No federal funds, that's all.

both NYC and Chicago have HEART

Illegals are criminals!

not exactly,--------

This is an easy fix (no pun intended):

The President just needs to tell the country that all federal funding will be cut off from City Governments who run their cites as 'Sanctuary Cities'. Go one step further and inform Governors that they have 1 month from the announcement to get their cities in line and following this or federal funding for states with Sanctuary cities will be cut. This will incentivize the Governors to actively work to end Sanctuary cities.

Any city who violates Federal Law should NOT be eligible to receive federal funds. Period.

IMO, this is playing nice.

These cities are supporting law breaking, and siding with foreigners over the wishes and interests and Laws of the rest of the nation.

A law making this clearly illegal would be a good call imo.

no matter what?--------that's why my grandfather lost six brothers---their wives and their children to ADOLF (it may have been five-------I am not sure----the one survivor died sometime after 1945---on the way out----sorta disappeared)
That is completely different. The undocumented folks in this country came here willingly and are not going to be murdered by anybody. If they want to dig in and live here illegally, they aren't entitled to programs that are paid for by tax payer dollars, though. I am glad no one has to die in the streets, and I support the current law that says everyone can receive emergency treatment. I certainly have nothing against workers from other countries. They need to come legally and pay their fair share if they want to take advantage of social welfare programs, though. IMO.

This is an easy fix (no pun intended):

The President just needs to tell the country that all federal funding will be cut off from City Governments who run their cites as 'Sanctuary Cities'. Go one step further and inform Governors that they have 1 month from the announcement to get their cities in line and following this or federal funding for states with Sanctuary cities will be cut. This will incentivize the Governors to actively work to end Sanctuary cities.

Any city who violates Federal Law should NOT be eligible to receive federal funds. Period.

IMO, this is playing nice.

These cities are supporting law breaking, and siding with foreigners over the wishes and interests and Laws of the rest of the nation.

what FEDERAL law are sanctuary type people violating?

While I agree with you it is SAD that there is a need for such a law. Barry, IMO, is much to blame for this - he is the one who immediately set the precedence and the tone once he was elected by declaring to the American people that his administration would NOT enforce existing law - specifically DOMA - because HE did not agree with it.

Once he declared that and followed through with it, he made it clear to the American people that the nation under him would NOT be ruled by the Constitution or the Rule of Law but instead by what HE agreed with and did not. Basically Obama declared early he was a despot and would rule the country as such...which is pretty much what he did.

Sanctuary cities are just following his lead - they don't agree with the law / laws so they simply do not comply. So far there has been no repercussions for them doing so. To end it there HAS to be repercussions!

That is completely different. The undocumented folks in this country came here willingly and are not going to be murdered by anybody. If they want to dig in and live here illegally, they aren't entitled to programs that are paid for by tax payer dollars, though. I am glad no one has to die in the streets, and I support the current law that says everyone can receive emergency treatment. I certainly have nothing against workers from other countries. They need to come legally and pay their fair share if they want to take advantage of social welfare programs, though. IMO.
Children born in the US are American citizens. Their parents should entered the US illegally, are NOT.

Let them get the hell out along with their parents to the country of their roots.

Let them grow up and reach adulthood in the country of their parents. By then they may not even want to be American citizens. seeing the happiness in the country of their parents.

If they want to be Americans let them be Americans when they reach that decision on their own.

While I agree with you it is SAD that there is a need for such a law. Barry, IMO, is much to blame for this - he is the one who immediately set the precedence and the tone once he was elected by declaring to the American people that his administration would NOT enforce existing law - specifically DOMA - because HE did not agree with it.

Once he declared that and followed through with it, he made it clear to the American people that the nation under him would NOT be ruled by the Constitution or the Rule of Law but instead by what HE agreed with and did not. Basically Obama declared early he was a despot and would rule the country as such...which is pretty much what he did.

Sanctuary cities are just following his lead - they don't agree with the law / laws so they simply do not comply. So far there has been no repercussions for them doing so. To end it there HAS to be repercussions!
To end it, comprehensive immigration reform needs to be passed. Undocumented immigrants have been in limbo for decades due to the lack of balls in Congress. Hopefully, that is one good thing that will actually HAPPEN. It is better to know what is going to happen then have your hopes raised, then dashed, then put on hold, year after year. Hold D.C. accountable on this one. It isn't fair to anyone as it stands, including the undocumented immigrants doing so much necessary work in this country.

To end it, comprehensive immigration reform needs to be passed. Undocumented immigrants have been in limbo for decades due to the lack of balls in Congress. Hopefully, that is one good thing that will actually HAPPEN. It is better to know what is going to happen then have your hopes raised, then dashed, then put on hold, year after year. Hold D.C. accountable on this one. It isn't fair to anyone as it stands, including the undocumented immigrants doing so much necessary work in this country.
As an American citizen who remembers how we have been LIED TO for DECADES (We will secure the border and stop illegal immigration if you agree to let us do 'X' 1st - thanks.......Ok, I know we said this before BUT we will secure the border and stop illegal immigration if you agree to let us do 'X' - thanks...), I would not agree to one more damn thing until all existing laws are obeyed / enforced, the border is secured - CLOSED, and the wall that was promised repeatedly since the Reagan days is built.

I understand you want immigration reform...it is needed...because politicians have IGNORED / refused to enforce the existing laws. NO MORE....NO MAS!

Forum List

Back