High School Forces Kids to Recite Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic, Prompting Outrage

timslash

Dec 4, 2014
Buffalo. NY
In the latest outrage involving schools indoctrinating children in Islam — with the full encouragement of the Obama Administration — a New York high school made students recite our national Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic.
They even forced the kids to change “one nation under god” to “one nation under Allah.”
High School Forces Kids to Recite Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic Prompting Outrage Top Right News
Pine Bush High school was already embroiled in a scandal when it allowed rampant anti-Semitism to go on — the school was even sued for its failure to stop the blatant hate against Jews.
I haven't got any words... I'm not racist, i'm not against immigrants and of course i don't hate Arabic people!
But why now, should we forget about our roots and traditions? Why these children sing about things, they don't believe? It's absurd!

Not surprisingly, there's a tad more to it than an islamophobic rag mentioned.

"Arabic version of Pledge of Allegiance at Pine Bush High School ignites furor

What began as an effort to celebrate national Foreign Language Week at Pine Bush High School has imploded into a raging controversy that has divided the school into angry factions."

"To encourage people everywhere to better understand and appreciate the principles of government that are set forth in America's founding documents, the Cato Institute is pleased to publish this pocket edition of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America.
A unique bilingual edition of Cato's popular pocket Constitution."
Cato Store Individual Liberty Free Markets and Peace

English-Arabic version. Funny how when conservative thinktanks do it, and the Koch brothers fund it, it's ok.

"The Cato Institute is an American libertarian think tank headquartered in
Washington, D.C. It was founded as the Charles Koch Foundation"
Cato Institute - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

A school in New York state has apologised after receiving complaints because a student recited the US Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic.

The school's foreign language department arranged for the pledge to be read in a different language each day for a week.

Complaints were received from people who lost family in Afghanistan and from Jewish parents, an official said.

Neither the US nor New York state has an official language.

The school district superintendant, Joan Carbone, told the Times Herald-Record newspaper that the Arabic pledge had "divided the school in half" and that she had received numerous complaints.

BBC News - US Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic leads school to apologise

Forum List

Back