Heya Mods

Gentlemen!
[Clear throat. Slap closed umbrella on open palm]

You're in Zone Best Behavior. Behave.

This is in memory of FCT. He always believed in "USMB, The Way a Political Board Should Be." And he finally gave up.

Gentlemen!
[Clear throat. Slap closed umbrella on open palm]

You're in Zone Best Behavior. Behave.

This is in memory of FCT. He always believed in "USMB, The Way a Political Board Should Be." And he finally gave up.
Off topic. Please follow the rules

When you close a thread because other threads have already been started on the topic, maybe you could also link to the thread that remains. Sometimes I can't find it, and then I get all pissed off and pee on my keyboard.

Thanks.

I had exactly the same thought a moment ago and came to start this thread and voilà, it's already here.

Few things more frustrating that seeing an interesting topic, then noting it's closed because "there are X number of threads on this already". Oh, are there? Who knew? First time I've seen it. Where are they? Who knows?

If a mod is closing a thread for that reason, fine, but by definition the same mod already knows of the other threads, why keep that info secret and keep readers in the dark, when you could just LINK them?

FYI

if your gripe is about the Northam threads, there are 13 threads about Northam and his blackface incident.

and those are just the ones with his name in the title.

More can be found searching for Blackface in the title.

The 'claim' a thread couldn't be found to participate in is ridiculous.

That's a legible shade of mod red, Will, thanks, I appreciate the courtesy. It's more ergonomic on the eyes, I can never read that other shade. I'm serious, too. I literally scroll past that other shade, it give me double vision.

That's a legible shade of mod red, Will, thanks, I appreciate the courtesy. It's more ergonomic on the eyes, I can never read that other shade. I'm serious, too. I literally scroll past that other shade, it give me double vision.

I've always preferred blood red

I've always preferred blood red

I started to report my thread about the rams/patriots bet a few minutes ago so it'd get put in the basement, but then I backspaced it, I figured they'll move it if it gets crude.

I think we all know I was being a passive aggressive prick, all the while fronting like mr. nice guy and stuff. lol.

That's what he get for yoking my chain first thing in the morning in pm. lolol.

If a mod is closing a thread for that reason, fine, but by definition the same mod already knows of the other threads, why keep that info secret and keep readers in the dark, when you could just LINK them?
Citizen. Please. This is USMB.

FYI

if your gripe is about the Northam threads, there are 13 threads about Northam and his blackface incident.

My reference is to a LOT of threads, not a current one necessarily. And almost always, it involves seeing some topic for the first time, seeing it's closed with a "there are already __ threads on this", and seeing no other threads apparent. I'm sure those threads exist but they're not new and not active enough to be showing up in recent activity.

I'm sure it would be possible to hunt them down given enough time to waste poring through every possible forum one at a time, but it would save a whole lot of effort to just see them listed by the mod who already knows about them in the closing post. Exactly the same way a reader does when reporting a duplicate thread: "topic already exists here: (followed by URL)". Just do the same thing.

As I said--- why keep it a secret? Doesn't make sense. Just makes more work for the reader.

FYI

My reference is to a LOT of threads, not a current one necessarily. And almost always, it involves seeing some topic for the first time, seeing it's closed with a "there are already __ threads on this", and seeing no other threads apparent. I'm sure those threads exist but they're not new and not active enough to be showing up in recent activity.

I'm sure it would be possible to hunt them down given enough time to waste poring through every possible forum one at a time, but it would save a whole lot of effort to just see them listed by the mod who already knows about them in the closing post. Exactly the same way a reader does when reporting a duplicate thread: "topic already exists here: (followed by URL)". Just do the same thing.

As I said--- why keep it a secret? Doesn't make sense. Just makes more work for the reader.
Don't tell me you've grown lazy in your dotage? :dunno:

(I know I have........)

Why not search for similar threads and stop crying like little girls over something that is your own fault?

FYI

(I know I have........)

Seems more like the mods have.

The Search "feature" on this site is a joke. Always has been. So that's not a solution.

There's no way to tell what forum something ends up in. I don't even notice what forum I'm in when I see a new thread but hunting down a topic would require combing through each forum, over and over and over and over, page after page. Politics? Current Events? Elections? Media? Latin America? Could be anywhere. Can't believe this mod wants to dismiss it as "ridiculous" rather than break a tiny little sweat just to share what he already has in front of him, and just make more work for everybody. Kind of sadistic. Can't help noticing he doesn't even bother to give a good reason for not doing it, just goes "let 'em eat cake".

FYI

(I know I have........)

The Search "feature" on this site is a joke. Always has been. So that's not a solution.

There's no way to tell what forum something ends up in. I don't even notice what forum I'm in when I see a new thread but hunting down a topic would require combing through each forum, over and over and over and over, page after page. Politics? Current Events? Elections? Media? Latin America? Could be anywhere. Can't believe this mod wants to dismiss it as "ridiculous" rather than break a tiny little sweat just to share what he already has in front of him, and just make more work for everybody. Kind of sadistic. Can't help noticing he doesn't even bother to give a good reason for not doing it, just goes "let 'em eat cake".
My, my, my...... so serious about a freaking message board....... I might have expected that from someone else......

I'll tell ya what, when we start paying the mods then I'll care....... :eusa_whistle:

When you close a thread because other threads have already been started on the topic, maybe you could also link to the thread that remains. Sometimes I can't find it, and then I get all pissed off and pee on my keyboard.

Thanks.
And then they get mad at me for bumping old threads? This is why I don’t start new threads on subjects already being discussed.

FYI

(I know I have........)

My, my, my...... so serious about a freaking message board....... I might have expected that from someone else......

I'll tell ya what, when we start paying the mods then I'll care....... :eusa_whistle:

Oh it ain't about a message board. Who cares about that. It's about mindless arrogance.
The message board will be fine.

FYI

(I know I have........)

Oh it ain't about a message board. Who cares about that. It's about mindless arrogance.
The message board will be fine.
Mindless arrogance? Hell I'm not a mod anymore....... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back