Here’s the reason people tell me they want to buy an AR-15. And it’s simply ludicrous

Shiela Jackass Lee is dumber than your average liberal which is pretty dumb and uninformed. She also asked if Rover could turn around and take a picture of the flag the astronauts left on Mars.
Reminds me of Hank Johnson who was worried about Guam capsizing.

‘Usually, the motivation for purchasing the AR-15 is simple: People want one because they want one. Most times, the person who buys an AR-15 comes into the store already knowing that they intend to purchase one.

I’ve pressed some customers about why they want an AR-15, but no one could ever come up with a legitimate justification for needing that particular weapon.

Some members of the tinfoil hat brigade have come up with the reply, “We need these weapons because we want to be effective against the government if it becomes tyrannical. That’s part of our Second Amendment right.” Personally, I think that’s ludicrous, but it has become an increasingly popular justification for purchasing a semi-automatic rifle.

[…]

If banning them outright seems like too extreme a solution to be politically palatable, here’s another option: Reclassify semi-automatic rifles as Class 3 firearms.’

I disagree with the article’s author about ‘banning’ AR 15s or subjecting them to the provisions of the NFA. ‘Bans’ don’t work, they’re unwarranted government excess and overreach and likely un-Constitutional.

But he’s correct about wanting to own an AR 15 to ‘defend against government tyranny’ as being ridiculous nonsense.

Possessing an AR 15 is a want, not a ‘need.’

And there’s nothing wrong with that; citizens are not required to ‘justify’ exercising a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

As is always the case after a mass shooting or similar event, we see inane, baseless reasons contrived to ‘justify’ owning an AR 15 in a pathetic and unnecessary attempt to fend-off a ‘ban’ of such weapons where there is no political will to do so.

‘Usually, the motivation for purchasing the AR-15 is simple: People want one because they want one. Most times, the person who buys an AR-15 comes into the store already knowing that they intend to purchase one.

I’ve pressed some customers about why they want an AR-15, but no one could ever come up with a legitimate justification for needing that particular weapon.

Some members of the tinfoil hat brigade have come up with the reply, “We need these weapons because we want to be effective against the government if it becomes tyrannical. That’s part of our Second Amendment right.” Personally, I think that’s ludicrous, but it has become an increasingly popular justification for purchasing a semi-automatic rifle.

[…]

If banning them outright seems like too extreme a solution to be politically palatable, here’s another option: Reclassify semi-automatic rifles as Class 3 firearms.’

I disagree with the article’s author about ‘banning’ AR 15s or subjecting them to the provisions of the NFA. ‘Bans’ don’t work, they’re unwarranted government excess and overreach and likely un-Constitutional.

But he’s correct about wanting to own an AR 15 to ‘defend against government tyranny’ as being ridiculous nonsense.

And there’s nothing wrong with that; citizens are not required to ‘justify’ exercising a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

As is always the case after a mass shooting or similar event, we see inane, baseless reasons contrived to ‘justify’ owning an AR 15 in a pathetic and unnecessary attempt to fend-off a ‘ban’ of such weapons where there is no political will to do so.
It's the only real argument gun nuts have, "Fuck off, we like guns". All their rhetoric is copy and pasted fallacies.

It's the only real argument gun nuts have, "Fuck off, we like guns". All their rhetoric is copy and pasted fallacies.
True – it isn’t an ‘argument,’ it’s a fallacy; confirmation bias, to be specific.

It’s also baseless political rhetoric – fearmongering and demagoguery; the lie that guns are going to be ‘banned’ and ‘confiscated’ as some nefarious plot to usher in a ‘totalitarian state.’

That’s why there’s no ‘need’ for an AR 15; there are other firearms far superior for effective self-defense.

True – it isn’t an ‘argument,’ it’s a fallacy; confirmation bias, to be specific.

It’s also baseless political rhetoric – fearmongering and demagoguery; the lie that guns are going to be ‘banned’ and ‘confiscated’ as some nefarious plot to usher in a ‘totalitarian state.’

That’s why there’s no ‘need’ for an AR 15; there are other firearms far superior for effective self-defense.
Since you state there are other firearms superior to the AR-15 for self defense, what firearms do you recommend?

Let’s set up a scenario.

Four armed intruders are invading your home.

What firearm do you recommend in that situation?

Now admittedly the chances of that happening are slim and that is one of the more extremely circumstances I can imagine. However if the firearm you recommend will handle that situation it should handle lesser problems as well.

Now at this time I don’t own a AR-15 or a similar semi-auto rifle. For home defense I rely on revolvers and a double barreled coach gun. However if I was worried about a home invasion by four armed intruders I would seriously consider buying a semi-auto rifle such as the AR-15 or the Ruger Mini-14.

[…]

I don't ever go into any store without knowing what I am going to buy.

And needs have nothing to do with rights.

Biden wants to ban 9mm handguns for no reason other that it happens to be the most popular caliber for a handgun.
The AR 15 just happens to be the most popular rifle platform for the 5.56 round.

Your "logic" is to blame the most popular brand of something and everyone who just happens to own one for all the ill committed by a minuscule fraction of a percent of people who happen to own the same object.

It's no different than saying if we ban Bud Light, the most popular beer in the US, then we can end all incidences of drunk driving.

I do not own an AR platform rifle.

I do own a couple rifles that are chambered for a larger caliber round though.

And the people I know who own an AR platform rifle chambered for 5.56mm ammmo have told me they own one because it is a good balance between weight and power that is easy enough for the wives to handle if they need to as well as a good rifle for vermin and small game. IOW it can be used in a variety of situations

Dumb as dirt

Name them.

Since you state there are other firearms superior to the AR-15 for self defense, what firearms do you recommend?

Let’s set up a scenario.

Four armed intruders are invading your home.

What firearm do you recommend in that situation?

Now admittedly the chances of that happening are slim and that is one of the more extremely circumstances I can imagine. However if the firearm you recommend will handle that situation it should handle lesser problems as well.

Now at this time I don’t own a AR-15 or a similar semi-auto rifle. For home defense I rely on revolvers and a double barreled coach gun. However if I was worried about a home invasion by four armed intruders I would seriously consider buying a semi-auto rifle such as the AR-15 or the Ruger Mini-14.

Batcat...let me take a stab at this....

How about this..... I'll just make up a situation off the top of my head....

You own a business in a city, and the democrat party has ordered blm and antifa, their brown shirt thugs, to burn, loot and kill in your neighborhood to make it hard for the republican candidate to win an election......the democrat mayor of the city has ordered the police to stand down and do nothing to stop this attack.... a large crowd of blm, and antifa brown shirts have indeed burned and looted the various businesses around you and your business is next in line............

Which firearm do you recommend in this fanciful situation?

Batcat...let me take a stab at this....

How about this..... I'll just make up a situation off the top of my head....

You own a business in a city, and the democrat party has ordered blm and antifa, their brown shirt thugs, to burn, loot and kill in your neighborhood to make it hard for the republican candidate to win an election......the democrat mayor of the city has ordered the police to stand down and do nothing to stop this attack.... a large crowd of blm, and antifa brown shirts have indeed burned and looted the various businesses around you and your business is next in line............

Which firearm do you recommend in this fanciful situation?
Let's take the hypothetical further, Batcat shouted, "Go home", to the crowd, they dispersed and went home. No selected gun needed.

Let's take the hypothetical further, Batcat shouted, "Go home", to the crowd, they dispersed and went home. No selected gun needed.

Yeah.......except for 7 months that didn't work and 2 billion dollars in destroyed businesses and lives and about 40 murdered people show you how that doesn't work......

You will be interested.....one of those self defense shootings you say doesn't happen....

Yes 5.56 and .223 are almost the same round. Many AR's can shoot both rounds.
And you really wouldnt want to hunt deer with either round. While yes it will kill a deer it's not really potent enough for a deer rifle.
The .243 is a bit better but for me the .270 is the right round.
Anything bigger is overkill.

Thank you.

In many states it is illegal to hunt deer with a .223. And that is smart.

I agree with you the right round for whitetail deer is the .270. I have never lost a deer I shot with a .270. Most didn't take another step.

You will be interested.....one of those self defense shootings you say doesn't happen....

Well retard, the Harvard study did say that most of the claimed self protection incidents were debunked. Did you notice the word, "Most". Now you claim, "Shootings you say never happen". You are a lying piece of Democrat shit.

[…]

I have many things that I want, rather than need.

However I "need" an AR15 for three reasons:

1. For recreational purposes. I enjoy shooting and collecting and building ARs so it provides much enjoyed and needed recreation activity for me.

2. For self defense. I doubt I will ever have to use to for self defense but if I do then I would really need it bad.

3. I "need" it for the "security of a free state", as stated in the Constitution.

If you don't need or want one then don't buy one. Nobody gives a shit. Just keep your nose out of my business, especially my Constitutional rights.

Forum List

Back