Here is why Nike did the Kaepernick ad

That may very well be, but guess what...……………….Christmas presents, birthday presents, and any other kind of present purchased by us for our children and grandchildren, will now not be Nike. We supply the cash until young people get a job, and for most of us, our cash will not be used for anything that says Nike. Take that to the bank, and cash that check!

Here's the sad truth for old people - you don't really matter to advertisers.

Ad buyers covet the 18-49 demographic.

Particularly the young people.

That's because when people start buying a brand, they stay loyal to a brand over their lifetimes.

And because young people will live longer than old people, they generally have more value to corporate America.

Oh yeah! Watch any cable news channel and it's all about, "Ask your doctor if Rx is right for you!" ads.
Then switch over to FX or USA and it's all ads for bourbon and rum.
FOX ads are all about "Help, I've fallen and can't get up!"

Over the past year more than 500 workers in four factories supplying to Nike, Puma, Asics and VF Corporation were hospitalised. The most serious episode, recorded over three days in November, saw 360 workers collapse. The brands confirmed the incidents, part of a pattern of faintings that has dogged the 600,000-strong mostly female garment workforce for years.

Cambodian female workers in Nike, Asics and Puma factories suffer mass faintings

If Nike Is Serious About Oppression Against People of Color, They Should Pay Their Own Workers

AHEAD of the start of the 2018 World Cup in Russia this weekend, campaigners have urged global sportswear manufacturers Adidas and Nike to pay workers at their supplier factories in Asia a fair wage.

The Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) released a report this week which claimed that workers in countries like Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam, where most of these companies’ products are produced, have seen share of the price of a pair of shoes drop by 30 percent between 1995 and 2017.

In the three nations, garment workers’ average salaries are 45 to 65 percent below the so-called “living wage” that would allow them to cover their families’ basic needs, said the global coalition of trade unions, workers and human rights groups.

Much of Adidas’ and Nike’s sportswear is made in Indonesia, where 80 percent of workers in the garment sector are women and some make as little as $102 a month while others do not earn the legal minimum wage, according to the CCC’s report.

Pay Asian workers fair wages, World Cup sportswear giants Adidas, Nike told

Way to stand up for people of color.

:clap:
Oh, look. A pseudocon just posted something right out of a liberal wet dream.

Once again, it is demonstrated that Donald Trump is leading the pseudocons into the far left cave.

Over the past year more than 500 workers in four factories supplying to Nike, Puma, Asics and VF Corporation were hospitalised. The most serious episode, recorded over three days in November, saw 360 workers collapse. The brands confirmed the incidents, part of a pattern of faintings that has dogged the 600,000-strong mostly female garment workforce for years.

Cambodian female workers in Nike, Asics and Puma factories suffer mass faintings

If Nike Is Serious About Oppression Against People of Color, They Should Pay Their Own Workers

AHEAD of the start of the 2018 World Cup in Russia this weekend, campaigners have urged global sportswear manufacturers Adidas and Nike to pay workers at their supplier factories in Asia a fair wage.

The Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) released a report this week which claimed that workers in countries like Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam, where most of these companies’ products are produced, have seen share of the price of a pair of shoes drop by 30 percent between 1995 and 2017.

In the three nations, garment workers’ average salaries are 45 to 65 percent below the so-called “living wage” that would allow them to cover their families’ basic needs, said the global coalition of trade unions, workers and human rights groups.

Much of Adidas’ and Nike’s sportswear is made in Indonesia, where 80 percent of workers in the garment sector are women and some make as little as $102 a month while others do not earn the legal minimum wage, according to the CCC’s report.

Pay Asian workers fair wages, World Cup sportswear giants Adidas, Nike told

Way to stand up for people of color.

:clap:
Oh, look. A pseudocon just posted something right out of a liberal wet dream.

Once again, it is demonstrated that Donald Trump is leading the pseudocons into the far left cave.

What part of pointing out hypocracy was so hard for you?

I was thinking it was this:

50229abe002ed.jpeg

Eh, old people that actually vote n stuff wear New Balance.

Or this...I suspect Nike doesn't give a rat's ass about Kaepernick's "cause"...they do give a rat's ass about the bottom dollar and globalization

Nike, NFL, and Levis Strauss Political Business Strategy – The Much Bigger Geopolitical and Trade Picture….

It doesn't necessarily need to be an either or scenario. Nike could side with their primary demo on a particular social issue because its good business. AND because they agree with that side of a social issue.

That may very well be, but guess what...……………….Christmas presents, birthday presents, and any other kind of present purchased by us for our children and grandchildren, will now not be Nike. We supply the cash until young people get a job, and for most of us, our cash will not be used for anything that says Nike. Take that to the bank, and cash that check!

Here's the sad truth for old people - you don't really matter to advertisers.

Ad buyers covet the 18-49 demographic.

Particularly the young people.

That's because when people start buying a brand, they stay loyal to a brand over their lifetimes.

And because young people will live longer than old people, they generally have more value to corporate America.

Depends on the product. If the product were....Depends, you'd be wrong.

If the product is athletic shoes......then your point may have more weight.

B3-BP520_Dshot_NS_20180905021506.png

The Daily Shot: 36% of U.S. Workers Participate in the Gig Economy

Young people matter more to ad buyers than old people.
Here is why I wont buy their shoes ever again.

Sell your products and keep the political bullshit to yourself. And if you think this isn't a political statement you are a fool. There are hundreds of more productive athletes out there and they pick the ONE fighting a political battle to endorse.

FUCK NIKE

B3-BP520_Dshot_NS_20180905021506.png

The Daily Shot: 36% of U.S. Workers Participate in the Gig Economy

Young people matter more to ad buyers than old people.
Here is why I wont buy their shoes ever again.

Sell your products and keep the political bullshit to yourself. And if you think this isn't a political statement you are a fool. There are hundreds of more productive athletes out there and they pick the ONE fighting a political battle to endorse.

FUCK NIKE

And representing the grandpa demographic.....

Or this...I suspect Nike doesn't give a rat's ass about Kaepernick's "cause"...they do give a rat's ass about the bottom dollar and globalization

Nike, NFL, and Levis Strauss Political Business Strategy – The Much Bigger Geopolitical and Trade Picture….

Sort of like Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about his stupid redneck base.
He just knows there's more of them out there than people with educations who can think.

And you should be the last one for demeaning a corporation for doing what they are bound to do for their shareholders: Make a profit, mega-thighed hypocrite.
Share holders want profits not political posturing

He just knows there's more of them out there than people with educations who can think.

And you should be the last one for demeaning a corporation for doing what they are bound to do for their shareholders: Make a profit, mega-thighed hypocrite.

The shareholder meeting is in 2 weeks, Nike stock is up 53% since the last meeting. I think they will be ok with that sort of growth.

Nike is up 50% this year. The dip that their stock took was less than 3 bucks a share. And has already recovered about half of that in 3 days.

She's not the brightest bulb on the strand.

I'm all for any corp making money but once they decide to go PC and their views collide with mine they can go bankrupt for all I care.

Nike will recover from it's drop their business model of paying workers 3-5 bucks a day to produce a shoe they have 5-15 bucks in and sell for 200-300 bucks will carry the day

Nike is up 50% this year. The dip that their stock took was less than 3 bucks a share. And has already recovered about half of that in 3 days.
Nike Lost $4B in a few hours over the deal. Stocks are supposed to rise after spending big bucks on a marketing gimmick.

A44BC8F9-ECB4-49EE-B6BB-39A03EC4985A.jpeg

I'm all for any corp making money but once they decide to go PC and their views collide with mine they can go bankrupt for all I care.

Nike will recover from it's drop their business model of paying workers 3-5 bucks a day to produce a shoe they have 5-15 bucks in and sell for 200-300 bucks will carry the day

Its been 3 days and they've already covered roughly half of the slight dip in market cap.

With Nike up about 50% on the year. Nike will be fine.

Its been 3 days and they've already covered roughly half of the slight dip in market cap.

Doesn't matter. Nike is dead to me

When the market dips for 10 minutes you all start pointing fingers at Trump so forgive me for laughing at you.

Forum List

Back