Here is why Nike did the Kaepernick ad

Or this...I suspect Nike doesn't give a rat's ass about Kaepernick's "cause"...they do give a rat's ass about the bottom dollar and globalization

Nike, NFL, and Levis Strauss Political Business Strategy – The Much Bigger Geopolitical and Trade Picture….

Sort of like Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about his stupid redneck base.
He just knows there's more of them out there than people with educations who can think.

And you should be the last one for demeaning a corporation for doing what they are bound to do for their shareholders: Make a profit, mega-thighed hypocrite.
Share holders want profits not political posturing

She's not the brightest bulb on the strand.

I'm all for any corp making money but once they decide to go PC and their views collide with mine they can go bankrupt for all I care.

Nike will recover from it's drop their business model of paying workers 3-5 bucks a day to produce a shoe they have 5-15 bucks in and sell for 200-300 bucks will carry the day

Its been 3 days and they've already covered roughly half of the slight dip in market cap.

With Nike up about 50% on the year. Nike will be fine.
LIAR
13E6CE8C-C994-49C0-AA3A-58C0C3018A7B.jpeg

Or this...I suspect Nike doesn't give a rat's ass about Kaepernick's "cause"...they do give a rat's ass about the bottom dollar and globalization

Nike, NFL, and Levis Strauss Political Business Strategy – The Much Bigger Geopolitical and Trade Picture….

He just knows there's more of them out there than people with educations who can think.

And you should be the last one for demeaning a corporation for doing what they are bound to do for their shareholders: Make a profit, mega-thighed hypocrite.

Nike is up 50% this year. The dip that their stock took was less than 3 bucks a share. And has already recovered about half of that in 3 days.
Nike Lost $4B in a few hours over the deal. Stocks are supposed to rise after spending big bucks on a marketing gimmick.

View attachment 215059

Nike didn't lose a penny as Nike only makes money on the initial sale of its stock. Nike's market cap dropped, which means its stockholders had slightly lower stock prices with the stock dropped to a low of 79.01 from 82.18. And has already climbed about 1.40 to 80.40 in only 3 days.

At this rate Nike will be back to the 82.18 range the middle of next week. With most analysts predicting that Nike will come out on top with this particular marketing campaign.

And with Nike up 50% on the year, its stock holders have very little to complain about.

I'm all for any corp making money but once they decide to go PC and their views collide with mine they can go bankrupt for all I care.

Nike will recover from it's drop their business model of paying workers 3-5 bucks a day to produce a shoe they have 5-15 bucks in and sell for 200-300 bucks will carry the day

Its been 3 days and they've already covered roughly half of the slight dip in market cap.

When the market dips for 10 minutes you all start pointing fingers at Trump so forgive me for laughing at you.

Trump claims he's responsibile for the Stock Market.

Nike doesn't.

Nike is up 50% this year. The dip that their stock took was less than 3 bucks a share. And has already recovered about half of that in 3 days.
Nike Lost $4B in a few hours over the deal. Stocks are supposed to rise after spending big bucks on a marketing gimmick.

View attachment 215059

Nike didn't lose a penny as Nike only makes money on the initial sale of its stock. Nike's market cap dropped, which means its stockholders had slightly lower stock prices with the stock dropped to a low of 79.01 from 82.18. And has already climbed about 1.40 to 80.40 in only 3 days.

At this rate Nike will be back to the 82.18 range the middle of next week. With most analysts predicting that Nike will come out on top with this particular marketing campaign.

And with Nike up 50% on the year, its stock holders have very little to complain about.
Dumber than a brick.

View attachment 215059

Dumber than a brick.

And....you just blinked.

With Nike up 50% on the year, a minor drop in stock value for about a week in exchange for a huge publicity for its 30th anniversary of its Just Do It campaign is a fairly amazing trade.

View attachment 215059

Dumber than a brick.

And....you just blinked.

With Nike up 50% on the year, a minor drop in stock value for about a week in exchange for a huge publicity for its 30th anniversary of its Just Do It campaign is a fairly amazing trade.
And the price of tea went up in China, Dufus.

When the market dips for 10 minutes you all start pointing fingers at Trump so forgive me for laughing at you.

Nike doesn't.
Yet you still are confused. Investors lost money. Retirees with investments in Nike lost money.
All for political posturing.

But you keep on hackin away.

Dumbass

View attachment 215059

Dumber than a brick.

And....you just blinked.

4 billion in losses, amazing trade....

Fuck I hope you're not an investor

According to that stupid twit if I lost a 50k contract but a week later got a different contract I have lost nothing but had an amazing week.

Christ some people are so lost in their own bullshit they are hopeless

B3-BP520_Dshot_NS_20180905021506.png

The Daily Shot: 36% of U.S. Workers Participate in the Gig Economy

Young people matter more to ad buyers than old people.

I agree. Now who is spending the dollars to buy those shoes?
I usually give my grandsons $150 for Christmas and their birthdays where I know it is going for shoes. I have decided not to facilitate their shoe buying sprees any longer. No more than $25, now.

Some of these facts are surprising to me. Only 40% of Nike’s business is in the us. So Nike must believe that the Kaepernick situation is known throughout the world. If it is, the world is a whole lot smaller than I believed. I don’t own any Nike stuff, but I do like the under armor stuff.

It was reported today that Nike's popularity is TANKING.

NIKE went 'all-in' with a LIAR who claimed he was being black listed in the NFL only to have it exposed that John Elway offered him a multi-million dollar contract with the Broncos that he TURNED DOWN....

Nike just went 'all-in' with an EX-NFL player who was just publicly supported by Iran's ex-President who was one of the Iranian U.S. kidnappers / hostage-takers from decades ago.... What a great endorsement. :p

Nike itself admitted their own research showed that a majority of Americans do not support Kaepernick's BS.

Nike doesn't.
Yet you still are confused. Investors lost money. Retirees with investments in Nike lost money.
All for political posturing.

But you keep on hackin away.

Dumbass

Uh-huh.
• Ace Metrix polled consumers on how Kaepernick’s signing would impact their plans to spend money with Nike. Thirteen percent of those surveyed said they were less likely to purchase from Nike after viewing Kaepernick’s first ad. That percentage was down to 10 percent among millennials and 6 amongst Generation Z. Conversely, a staggering 56 percent of those surveyed said they were more likely to purchase from Nike after seeing the commercial.

Kaepernick's Nike commercial 'is a big hit with consumers'

So those more likely to buy Nike's products outweighing those less likely by a factor of almost 5 to 1.

The positive impact of Kaepernick’s advertisement wasn’t the only good news for Nike, either. Apex Marketing – which analyzes the value of social-media impact on brands – reported that in the first three days after the announcement of Kaepernick as a spokesperson, Nike reaped “buzz” mentions that equated to $163.5 million in value. Which means Nike would have had to have doled out that much money to receive the same kind bang it received from the Kaepernick announcement.

Plus over $150 million in free publicity.

Oh, whatever will Nike do.

NIKE went 'all-in' with a LIAR who claimed he was being black listed in the NFL only to have it exposed that John Elway offered him a multi-million dollar contract with the Broncos that he TURNED DOWN....

Nike just went 'all-in' with an EX-NFL player who was just publicly supported by Iran's ex-President who was one of the Iranian U.S. kidnappers / hostage-takers from decades ago.... What a great endorsement. :p

Nike itself admitted their own research showed that a majority of Americans do not support Kaepernick's BS.

Uh-huh.

" Ace Metrix analysis suggested Kaepernick’s first commercial with Nike had a positive reaction on par with the apparel company’s recent tribute ad to Serena Williams, who is considered one of the crown jewel endorsers for the company. Both the Kaepernick ad and the recent tribute commercial for Williams scored very highly with consumers in positive reaction and resulting likelihood of purchasing Nike products.

“These results show once again that oftentimes, social-media backlash can be amplified by media attention while representing only a small minority of haters,” Ace Metrix CEO Peter Daboll said in a statement. “Nike is to be commended for executing the messaging so well in this ad. Most objections to such a polarizing figure as Kaepernick were tempered by the very strong likeability of that message across age, gender and ethnicity.”

With those more likely to buy Nike outnumbering those who are less likely by nearly 5 to 1.

And those less likely to buy Nike....being barely 13%. With that number down to 10% with Gen Z. Yeah, Nike knows thier demo.

Uh-huh.

" Ace Metrix analysis suggested Kaepernick’s first commercial with Nike had a positive reaction on par with the apparel company’s recent tribute ad to Serena Williams, who is considered one of the crown jewel endorsers for the company. Both the Kaepernick ad and the recent tribute commercial for Williams scored very highly with consumers in positive reaction and resulting likelihood of purchasing Nike products.

“These results show once again that oftentimes, social-media backlash can be amplified by media attention while representing only a small minority of haters,” Ace Metrix CEO Peter Daboll said in a statement. “Nike is to be commended for executing the messaging so well in this ad. Most objections to such a polarizing figure as Kaepernick were tempered by the very strong likeability of that message across age, gender and ethnicity.”

With those more likely to buy Nike outnumbering those who are less likely by nearly 5 to 1.

And those less likely to buy Nike....being barely 13%. With that number down to 10% with Gen Z. Yeah, Nike knows thier demo.
Yeah, ok...Nike and Pro-Nike peeps spin it one way while others report it another. Frankly I don't give a damn. If you like Nike, if you want to buy shoes because Nike tells you to support lying ex-NFL players who choose to disrespect this entire nation, 1st responders, the military, and others by not standing...or giving the Black Power salute...during the National anthem, go for it.

I saw the Nike ad during the football game last night, and other tahn Kap, it was a great ad.

He didn't fit AT ALL into the group of atheletes they showed overcoming adversity. They showed some truly amazing athletes who overcame MUCH.

It was like they were a fantastic Ice Cream Sundae with sprinkles and a cherry on top, and then Kap came in like a HUGE SQUIRT OF KETCHUP ON TOP.

Totally did not fit AT ALL.

Uh-huh.

Yeah, ok...Nike and Pro-Nike peeps spin it one way while others report it another. Frankly I don't give a damn. If you like Nike, if you want to buy shoes because Nike tells you to support lying ex-NFL players who choose to disrespect this entire nation, 1st responders, the military, and others by not standing...or giving the Black Power salute...during the National anthem, go for it.

This isn't Nike I'm quoting. This is Ace Metrix. And they've found that the ad has been very well received.

‘Dream Crazy’ saw strong resonance among [Generation] Z and Millennial audiences [on average, Ace Scores were 33% above norm],” the company said in a statement Thursday. “Older viewers, those among [Generation] X, positively regarded the ad as well, but to a lesser degree than those younger than them.”

'Dream crazy' strong resonance with their target demo of Gen Z, Millenials, and to a lesser extent, Gen X.

Alas, angry old white people aren't really who Nike is aiming for.

Young people in ever generation like to 'rebel'...and like most, they are stupid as hell.

Take the 'young rebels' wearing Hugo Chavez T's...they have no clue who the man was or what he was.

So today's young people think lying about being black listed when you were actually offered a multi-million dollar contract is something to be celebrated...that this is some kind of 'sacrifice' to be honored?!

I weep for out future, especially after a decorated war vet stepped up to tell Nike and Kaepernick they don't know the 1st thing about 'sacrifice'.

It was reported that midway through the 'protest' last year most NFL players could not actually say what was being protested but sided with Kaepernick just the same.

My own daughter came home last season and said the President was trying to take Kaepernick's 1st Amendment Right Away. I quickly explained how he was not doing any such thing, that Kaepernick can say and do what he wants, that the NFL could let players do and say what they want while representing the product...but had to live with the repercussions.

The same with Nike.

The majority of people in this country do not side with Kaepernick or kneeling - Nike said their own research reported this.

Like I said, it's a personal choice. Go for it, either way.

By the way, Nike stock dropped about 3% on the day the shit hit the fan and has leveled out, right there.

Champagne corks a-poppin' over at Nike HQ.

Oh, then you shouldn't be upset when your employer cuts your paycheck by 3%? You should go out and buy champagne (with money you no longer have) to celebrate getting a pay cut?

Forum List

Back