Here is why Nike did the Kaepernick ad

B3-BP520_Dshot_NS_20180905021506.png

The Daily Shot: 36% of U.S. Workers Participate in the Gig Economy

Young people matter more to ad buyers than old people.
Yep. And they where well aware of the marketing value of the firestorm that was sure to follow.

And as usual, about half the country is playing right into it for them.

That may very well be, but guess what...……………….Christmas presents, birthday presents, and any other kind of present purchased by us for our children and grandchildren, will now not be Nike. We supply the cash until young people get a job, and for most of us, our cash will not be used for anything that says Nike. Take that to the bank, and cash that check!

Here's the sad truth for old people - you don't really matter to advertisers.

Ad buyers covet the 18-49 demographic.

Particularly the young people.

That's because when people start buying a brand, they stay loyal to a brand over their lifetimes.

And because young people will live longer than old people, they generally have more value to corporate America.

And I take it that you don’t care one bit about America?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand why they did it but i certainly dont agree with it.
My thing is, Colin talks all this shit, carries this victim mentality and sports castro fashion. He is either a complete fucking retard or a piece of shit statist.
Now, Nike, one of the most known brands in the world, has the face of a tyrant supporter. Its a fucking shame. Whats even worse? They use that asshole to get to our kids.

My thing is, Colin talks all this shit, carries this victim mentality and sports castro fashion. He is either a complete fucking retard or a piece of shit statist.
Now, Nike, one of the most known brands in the world, has the face of a tyrant supporter. Its a fucking shame. Whats even worse? They use that asshole to get to our kids.

It is all about the return on dollars invested, period. They believe they have developed a profitable formula, and are executing it.

It is all about the return on dollars invested, period. They believe they have developed a profitable formula, and are executing it.
Yep. As i said, i understand why they are doing it.
It is also a reflection on our society. I mean, its sad to think, that they think THIS GUY is their answer.

FYI I think what Kaepernick did was offensive and stupid.

But what I think doesn't change empirical fact.

To many ideologues - and that includes most people here - they want to believe that what they believe is empirical fact.

But it's not.

I think this where I disagree with you...

America has brainwashed its self that emblems of America should be treated sacred...

To the rest of the world being patriotic is not standing for an anthem or respecting the flag, that is just good manners.

Being patriotic is looking after you fellow country man/woman) even though you might not know them and they have different view. We row together because our society better together.
- That is paying taxes and knowing it going to places that better our country and society.

Being patriotic is treating our fellow country men/woman with respect even though we disagree.
- This is not taking the side of a war criminal over your fellow citizens...

Being patriotic when dealing with other countries is to represent your country. Act in the way that doesn't hurt the next time your countryman meets them.
- Acting childish and insulting doesn't help them..

Young people matter more to ad buyers than old people.

I agree. Now who is spending the dollars to buy those shoes?

Young people.

Nike is an old person's brand. (that includes me btw)

They've been losing share to Under Armor, which the Millennials have been buying.

Nike is trying to increase their share amongst young people.

"No one cares about your brand. It is not loved. It is not important. It is not invited anywhere but to your company picnic. That is, unless you can make the brand relevant to people's lives. To the way they understand things...No one cares about your brand unless you find a way to speak to why you care about it."

Branding has become more about making a connection with the prospective buyer, that may or may not have anything to do with the product you are selling.

Why Brand Matters More Than Ever In the 21st Century

To many ideologues - and that includes most people here - they want to believe that what they believe is empirical fact.

But it's not.

How much do you personally spend on Nike products annually?

$0

But since I just turned 50, I’m officially an old guy.

My kids (14 and 18) love Nike shoes and I have spent literally thousands of dollars on Nike products over the past 18 years.

My older son came to me today and said he is now into Addidas. He said that trying to be political makes Nike not cool...regardless of the side you are on.

Just one persons opinion, but I will literally not be dropping another dime on Nike products.

It’s not the they have Kap in an ad, it’s that they made him out to be some sort of hero. He is not, he is a stupid jackass.

I see where you are coming from... You like your black men to shut up and accept Police harassment...

That is the funny thing... You attack Kaepernick but fail to address what he is actually protesting....

Should Black people be killed at 4 times the rate as white people?
Should they be jailed for longer times for the exact same crime as white people?
Should he be allowed to voice his opinion to reach the largest audience possible?

You might accuse Kaepernick of a lot of things but it was easier to stand than kneel...

But it's not.

$0

My kids (14 and 18) love Nike shoes and I have spent literally thousands of dollars on Nike products over the past 18 years.

My older son came to me today and said he is now into Addidas. He said that trying to be political makes Nike not cool...regardless of the side you are on.

Just one persons opinion, but I will literally not be dropping another dime on Nike products.

It’s not the they have Kap in an ad, it’s that they made him out to be some sort of hero. He is not, he is a stupid jackass.

I see where you are coming from... You like your black men to shut up and accept Police harassment...

That is the funny thing... You attack Kaepernick but fail to address what he is actually protesting....

Should they be jailed for longer times for the exact same crime as white people?
Should he be allowed to voice his opinion to reach the largest audience possible?

You might accuse Kaepernick of a lot of things but it was easier to stand than kneel...

Depends. Are they killing at 4 times the rate as white people?

Yes. And when a big piece of that audience doesn't like his opinion, they're free to voice their opinions.

But it's not.

America has brainwashed its self that emblems of America should be treated sacred...

To the rest of the world being patriotic is not standing for an anthem or respecting the flag, that is just good manners.

Being patriotic is looking after you fellow country man/woman) even though you might not know them and they have different view. We row together because our society better together.
- That is paying taxes and knowing it going to places that better our country and society.

Being patriotic is treating our fellow country men/woman with respect even though we disagree.

Being patriotic when dealing with other countries is to represent your country. Act in the way that doesn't hurt the next time your countryman meets them.
Who are these fellow countrymen you are yammering about?

But it's not.

How come KAP is seen as disrespecting the flag but all these blue line police American flags are not disrespecting old glory ?

But it's not.

$0

Should the cops treat black people differently?
Should the entire country have one judge, one jury and people not consider repeat offenders and such? Or their tendency to be violent? Or the 100 other things judges and juries consider?
Its not so black and white. Maybe if you and the authoritarian retard would think about shit like that, instead of just react, none of this shit would be happening.

But it's not.

$0

more whites are harassed by cops than blacks so how can that be exactly?

But it's not.

$0

Should the entire country have one judge, one jury and people not consider repeat offenders and such? Or their tendency to be violent? Or the 100 other things judges and juries consider?
Its not so black and white. Maybe if you and the authoritarian retard would think about shit like that, instead of just react, none of this shit would be happening.

I guess Cops should start killing more women.

Why don't they? (ANSWER: WOMEN COMMITT LESS VIOLENT CRIMES THAN MEN)

Insert that answer into any other Democragphic issue

But it's not.

How come KAP is seen as disrespecting the flag but all these blue line police American flags are not disrespecting old glory ?
it isn't old glory. Old glory is red white and blue. that flag is support for police. Called the blueline flag. started in England I believe.

$0

I guess Cops should start killing more women.

Why don't they? (ANSWER: WOMEN COMMITT LESS VIOLENT CRIMES THAN MEN)

Insert that answer into any other Democragphic issue

Cops treat women differently. Za Za Gabor famously slapped a cop. If she was a black man she would’ve been beaten To a pulp .

But it's not.

it isn't old glory. Old glory is red white and blue. that flag is support for police. Called the blueline flag. started in England I believe.

It’s a desecration to the American flag .

Forum List

Back